New York Jets Message Board

Talk about Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, the NY Jets and the NFL here.

72,394 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
  2. Other topics

• Brilliant Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Very true although once you find the guy and his rookie deal is almost up you have to allocate a huge amount of the other finite resource (money) to keep him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Of special interest to me is how our inability to find a QB compounds it's suffering. The most important position in sports, not having one precludes you from being an elite or even consistently highly competitive. That necessitates that you keep looking for a quarterback,  continuously allocating more precious and finite resources i.e. forcing us to continuously burn draft picks on the position  neglecting our depth and talent at other positions.   --- Sanchez a top 5 pick- traded depth players and 1st and 2nd round picks to get Geno and hack 2nd round picks Petty - a high 4th round pick that we traded an extra 7th to get.    If we already had our guy all of these resources would have been put into other positions on the team. The draft pick chart value on just these picks alone would be ludicrous! A 1,2,2,2,4,7!   Once you get that 10 year starting quarterback guy, all those resources into finding developing a quarterback get pushed into other parts of the team-not finding a quarterback means not only do you have do you not have a quarterback which sucks but you are left with a huge opportunity cost for all the lost resources devoted to finding one.    
  • Today's Birthdays

1. <3Mark Sanchezgirl6
      <3Mark Sanchezgirl6
      (22 years old)
    2. <3MarkSanchezGirl6<3
      <3MarkSanchezGirl6<3
      (22 years old)
    3. Andrej The Giant
      Andrej The Giant
      (27 years old)
    4. BigOrangeJetFan
      BigOrangeJetFan