Other Sports

NBA, NHL, UFC, Boxing, Nascar and everything else goes here!

3,558 topics in this forum

• 11 replies
    • 29 replies
  1. HOCKEY FANS!

• 5 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. Tony Hawk

• 3 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 13 replies
  3. Rusty Wallace

• 1 reply
  4. Nascar sucks

• 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 15 replies
    • 4 replies
  5. NHL draft on July 30th

• 8 replies
  6. Radek Bonk

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 5 replies
  7. Hockey sucks

• 13 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 5 replies
  8. TomShane

• 19 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • I’ve very clearly said all along that positional value is huge here and that whether you want to list Bowers as a TE, H-back, “big slot,” or FB, it doesn’t matter, because none of those positions are worth a top ten pick. Then, yes, I grow more concerned because he’s undersized. Another red flag is all the work he’s done from behind the LOS, because that’s not what TEs do a lot of in the NFL. David Njoku was the last big TE with a similar (but not quite as large) behind the LOS catch rate, and he just put up his first elite-TE level performance in his 7th year with 882 yards on 123 targets.    I’m surprised that you’re presenting him in this same Gold Jacket way that @Gastineau Lives is putting forward without at least acknowledging the inherent risk involved. He is undersized. He looks fast, but he either refused to test or hasn’t been healthy enough to, and either one is bad. He’s the best TE prospect ever who also only lined up at TE like 40% of the time. He’s done next to no work in the 0-9 range in college which is where a TE makes his living in the NFL. To justify the pick, he needs to be an all time great at the position, while the WR or OT taken there would merely need to be a solid or better starter to be acceptable.    And to be clear, I’m not one of the OL in the first round guys, but I do see that as a genuine option for JD, who has a lot riding on this season. Like you, I’d prefer one of the top WRs. If they’re not there, I’m hoping JD can find a partner to move down because analytics are my true passion and the more picks you have the better odds you have of finding something. If he’s stuck, I think Brian Thomas becomes an option before Bowers, too. I’m more concerned about the WR position than the OL. The line at least has a couple fourth rounders in reserve while the WRs have UDFAs. 
  • Available Subscriptions