Metlife Stadium

Boozer76

Looks like Metlife bought the naming rights. better not come out of my pay seeing as I work for them!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/metlife_inks_deal_with_meadowlands_PG2HRPjVKrrtaSLaklGdEN#ixzz1VTa4LE5r

Snoopy has officially landed at the New Meadowlands Stadium, The Post has learned.

Insurance giant MetLife has inked a definitive agreement to purchase naming rights to the home of the NFL Giants and Jets and the planned cite of the Super Bowl in 2014, sources said.

The one-year old, $1.6 billion bowl will be called MetLife Stadium.

The deal, which could range as high as $20 million year for 20 years, could be announced as early as next week in midtown Manhattan, with reps from MetLife and both teams and a number of star players in attendance, sources told The Post.

The New Meadowlands Stadium is going to the dog: Snoopy and MetLife. The insurance giant has inked a deal to name the home of the Jets and Giants.

Charles Wenzelberg/New York Post

The New Meadowlands Stadium is going to the dog: Snoopy and MetLife. The insurance giant has inked a deal to name the home of the Jets and Giants.

Although exact details of the deal could not be learned, reports by SportsBusiness Journal in June, when the talks had begun in earnest, had estimated the value of the deal at $17 million or $18 million a year.

Representatives from MetLife, and the owners of the two football teams declined comment on the deal.

MetLife bought one of four smaller rights deals, called cornerstone partnerships, three years ago for $7 million a year.

That deal was scheduled to run until 2014 -- but will end upon the anticipated announcement of the insurance company’s upgrade to a full stadium naming rights deal.

A naming rights deal would grant the insurance giant, which features the iconic Peanuts character Snoopy, heightened visibility on the field with two Big Apple NFL teams.

Sources said that MetLife and both teams have been trying to hash out a team since last year but a volatile market has held up talks.

Few other corporations have struck major naming rights deals locally since turmoil in the markets took hold in 2008, besides British bank Barclays Capital, which boasts naming rights for the to-be-built Barclays Ceneter in Brooklyn.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about they call it soulless gray and metal piece of crap. Seriously.. I've been in airports and malls that have more character.

That's why we're fortunate to have Xanadu in front of it. Nobody talks about how ugly the stadium is.

How about they call it soulless gray and metal piece of crap. Seriously.. I've been in airports and malls that have more character.

Do you have season tickets? How many times have you been there? What would you have preferred?

new-meadowlands-stadium_s334.jpg?1294715139

Do you have season tickets? How many times have you been there? What would you have preferred?

He's right. It's very cold looking. No personality. Compared to like Hinez field or the Link in Philly it hardly has any Jets colors and stuff around. Even with the dumb green lights outside.

No I don't, how is that relevant? You don't need season tickets to enter a stadium. I've been there about 10-12 times. For Jets and Giants games, high school football, international soccer, and most recently U2. I live in Rutherford, I can see the dump from my roof. I would of preferred a better designed, architecturally pleasing stadium.

No I don't, how is that relevant? You don't need season tickets to enter a stadium. I've been there about 10-12 times. For Jets and Giants games, high school football, international soccer, and most recently U2. I live in Rutherford, I can see the dump from my roof. I would of preferred a better designed, architecturally pleasing stadium.

Better designed? Are you serious? This stadium is such a huge upgrade over Giants stadium in terms of wind alone... add that the seats are closer to the turf... and the atmosphere inside is wayyyy better...

Show me a stadium built in the last 5 years that looks like you want it to be...

Better designed? Are you serious? This stadium is such a huge upgrade over Giants stadium in terms of wind alone... add that the seats are closer to the turf... and the atmosphere inside is wayyyy better...

Show me a stadium built in the last 5 years that looks like you want it to be...

Stadiums I've been to that are much much better.

Qwest Field, University of Phoenix Stadium, Invesco Field at Mile High, Heinz Field

Archived