All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Giants look like they're tanking lol

Giants should just give the Browns a 2 for Joe Thomas and save everybody's job. Flowers is their version of Calvin Pryor.
  3. I don't want to say it but

Gase is very smart. Bowles is not. I don't know how we stop those guys. Basically, if you go through the schedule every team has offensive weapons that need to be stopped, except the Jets.
  4. Here's the Jets Defense

The interesting thing to me is CB. Most of these defensive gurus have one spot they need handled. Rex NEEDED cover CBs. If I were his GM I would have given them to him and spent the rest of my resources on offense. Force him to use scheme for pressure and to stop the run. Figured that Bowles was the same. In 2015 they came in and spent on 3 CBs, plus a safety that was a converted high pick at CB. Figured cover CBs were important to Bowles. He had Peterson, Cro and Powers in Arizona with Mathieu at S who is basically another cover CB. Now the GM seems to be treating him to all his safety help - but the CBs seem like longer, slower cover 2 types. I understand looking for value, but... The only rational explanation would be that they feel, like the Seahawks, that you can't teach length, but you can teach technique and these larger guys would be better able to jam. Burris in particular is not fast. Clark this year is very similar, fairly slow, coming off an ACL and he and Burris both had high bench reps (20 and 19). Jones is much more explosive, he is faster and killed the jumps. A crazy 11'8" broad jump, which people would probably have been talking about more if it weren't for Byron Jones 12 footer in 2015. Still, they are length over technique/speed guys.
  5. Aliens II: Xenomorph Within

Vote Count Pac (4) - 80, Ape, SK, Nolder Dice (1) - Pac Dunnie (1) - JC Ape (1) - Smash With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
  6. OLine > Franchise QB

Yep. Sign FA's as place holders but still place a priority on drafting OL. This does not preclude going for that franchise QB with the first round pick. It's not an either/or situation.
  7. Aliens II: Xenomorph Within

I've decided to just go against my better judgment since it's sucked this game. Pac if you're town sorry I hope you can understand where I'm coming from here. Vote Pac
  8. 77.3 TOTAL QBR VS. RAIDERS NO. 3 OVERALL, WEEK 3 It might be a little surprising to see a quarterback who lost 45-20 come in with the third-highest Total QBR of Week 2. But it's important to remember that Total QBR is a rate stat, not a counting stat, and it is opponent-adjusted. McCown had two big plays while the game was still close that boosted his QBR. First, he hit Jermaine Kearse for a 34-yard touchdown on a third down to cut the Jets' deficit to 14-7. Second, he scrambled for 22 yards on a third-and-18 to keep alive a drive that ended with a Jets field goal to get to 21-13. That was the high point, however, as the Jets' defense allowed the next 28 points. Overall, McCown's solid play on third down (see first pass plot chart below) helped propel him near the top of this list. rest of above article : > http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/20748744/nfl-best-worst-quarterbacks-week-2-2017
  9. Aliens II: Xenomorph Within

Projecting. ^^^^
  10. I don't want to say it but

Your are right, ASJ returns this weekend, Kearse showing promise etc. Until the muffed punt, for much of first half against the Raiders, the Jets looked legitimate (okay, passable). However you undersell the Dolphins. Cutler played well last week, his history with Gase etc.. Ajaji looked good running behind Tunsil... the other moving parts of the Dolphins ...Suh , Landry if healthy, Parker are legitimate threats. Wake will eventually show up. The Dolphins scraping by LA does not say much...Chargers are a bad football team, I'll grant you that, but I imagine it to be a dogfight Sunday, with Cutler's jersey kept very clean.
  11. I don't want to say it but

I would explain it, but that would nullify what you said .
  12. Aliens II: Xenomorph Within

No, I'm not saying you need them to defend you derpina. I'm saying they are typical dudes who feel like they have to. I treat you like an equal, so I tease you like the others. The suggestion was for future mods, not you specifically. Don't be such a ninny.
  13. I don't want to say it but

Was that the game when Geno threw the pick six on the first drive and missed open receivers in the end zone all day? I think I sat in one spot in the parking lot for almost two hours before I moved an inch to start my two hour drive home. What a great night that was.
  14. This was actually a brilliant strategy by Todd. How can you fire him mid-season and leave Kacey and Mike to "run" the defense? What a trainwreck.
  15. I don't want to say it but

When is the last time we played him? Chicago game that the Jets were ROBBED IN?.
  16. I don't want to say it but

The stadium will be half full with aqua blue. Relax... the Jets are not going to win.
  17. I don't want to say it but

Lol, you know deep down in your gut its gonna happen. When have the NY Jets EVER done what the fans hope for? Matt Ryan...oops....end of season wins. Marriotta/Winston..oops end of season wins. Darnold/Rosen/Allen...oops 3 wins in a row starting Sunday,lol. You know it, I know it, the QB with 2 wins in 2 years will win 3 in a row for the NY Jets & the tank season goes right down the drain. No way in the world Jets could tank properly, just will not happen.
  18. OLine > Franchise QB

Please don't misunderstand, I LOVE drafting O-lineman. No one loved the Mangold pick more than I do, and he remains (with Chrebet and Toon) in my trio of all-time favorite NY Jets. But an Elite QB can win a title with an average O-line. And elite O-line cannot win a title with just an average QB. They need more, like an elite Defense and/or an elite RB to paid with it. Ideally, both issues need a ton of attention here in NY. We have (today) no legit QB. And our O-line is average to below average across the board. The 2018 Draft should, I hope, address at least the QB spot and 1-2 O-lie spots if possible.
  19. I don't want to say it but

Say what you want about Cutler, but we have never beaten him, and Landry will eat Burris up.
  20. OLine > Franchise QB

And there is a reason for that, teams know there is a lack of good olineman coming out & you have to train them like a QB now. Teams aren't letting any young oline talent walk. You'll see some high priced over 30 year olds now & then, but guys that are proving themselves? they are getting paid! Still cant believe Jerry Jones didn't trade 1 of his to the Jets for Richardson. Might have been the difference in lasts years playoff loss. Now, Jerry might be watching Richardson sacking Dak for the Seahawks in this years playoffs which would make me smile,lol. I love seeing Jerry Jones come down to earth.
  21. I don't want to say it but

You shut your stupid mouth!
  22. OLine > Franchise QB

What does the center market look like next year? Because if the Jets aren't getting one of those, I don't think we're doing much as far as addressing the O-line there. The Guard spots seem relatively set, Carpenter is going into his last year and he's been a picture of stability for the franchise. Winters is guaranteed through next year I believe, so there's very little chance a guard is signed to a big deal. And Brandon Shell is actually doing pretty well at right tackle, might be best allocate elsewhere. As for the Left, we're screwed. Good left tackles don't get let go by teams. When Mac signed Clady last year and Beachum this year he honestly got the best he could. You have to draft a LT, most likely in round one.
  23. OLine > Franchise QB

Good thread
  1. Load more activity