All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You’re implying Sean Payton is going to unlock Zach. After 3 years of him being the worst qb in the NFL the hope is still there!
  3. Interesting. What if..part of negotiations for Zach trade involved possible draft night trade for McCarthy. If he’s there at 10, and our WR target is gone, we trade down with them and they throw in Sutton? Maybe not just for JJ .
  4. Giants are fools for thinking that they can "win now" in any substantial measure with their current roster, especially QB. The most win now they could hope for is a wild card birth and maybe that is enough for Mara to keep Psycho Daboll. But I don't call that win now, that's just barely surviving.
  5. WR early. O-Line Depth often (but later). That's where I stand 2 days before the draft.
  6. I agree with you there. He should have never been given a chance to play. He was picked high so they had no choice. How the Jets handled the QB room never made sense. Wilson’s performance was not going to change though. He’s not good.
  7. This is all pre-draft hype & posturing; Taking it FWIW, which is a grain of salt.
  8. Williams effectively doesn't count. 1 year deal for a horribly injury-prone, unreliable guy. Yes, we need another WR. Badly. Lazard, Gipson, Brownlee, these guys don't cut. With Rodgers (himself likely a 1 year, 2 max guy now) or without.
  9. Impact for jets, if true then harder to trade back if raiders won’t trade up and broncos will probably trade into top 9. If jd panics he moves up for a wr. If not we’re in fuaga/fautanu/fuaga territory. Still think BTJ is in play at 10.
  10. In some MetLife Stadium news, the Jets and Giants just announced a new cornerstone partner. Welcome to the family Moody's. Here is the press release with the announcement. Moody’s Teams Up with the New York Giants and New York Jets as the New Cornerstone Partner of MetLife Stadium NEW YORK – Tuesday, April 23, 2024 – Moody’s Corporation, the world’s leading source of bold, clear and perceptive insights on exponential risk, announced today that it has been named an Official Cornerstone Partner of MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Jets and New York Giants. As part of the multi-year partnership, Moody’s branding will be a mainstay at MetLife Stadium events, extending throughout the stadium with in-bowl signage and digital displays. Guests will first be greeted at the Moody’s Gate (pictured below) and then pass through an activation area on the plaza. Moody’s is also the naming rights partner of the Moody’s Commissioners Club, a spectacular private space in the Stadium offering guests unparalleled views and unique experiences at events. “In trying to find organizations that align with Moody’s renewed brand of decoding complexity and finding a path forward in the face of risk or adversity, we couldn’t think of better partners than MetLife Stadium and the New York Giants and New York Jets,” said Christine Elliott, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer of Moody’s. “These institutions continually demonstrate what it takes to triumph over adversity, show us how to address complexity through teamwork and collaboration, and inspire and entertain us with each and every play. We are honored to join together with these venerable partners as the new season begins to unfold, starting this Thursday with the NFL Draft.” “We are honored that Moody’s has chosen MetLife Stadium to showcase its new brand platform,” said Ron VanDeVeen, President and CEO of MetLife Stadium. “Having a reputable, New York-based company like Moody’s fits in perfectly with our gameday environment.” "MetLife Stadium has been the center of entertainment since it opened in 2010," said Hymie Elhai, President of the New York Jets. "Welcoming a new cornerstone partner like Moody’s will elevate our fans experience from the moment they enter the stadium at the Moody’s Gate and will provide an enhanced experience for our Moody’s Commissioners Club guests. We are excited to kickoff this partnership and work together on ways to reinforce our commitment to our fans.” “Moody’s exemplifies everything we look for in a Cornerstone partner and we are thrilled to welcome them to MetLife Stadium,” said John Mara, New York Giants President and CEO. “We look forward to developing our new partnership and engaging fans across stadium events and throughout our shared hometown. The partnership is part of Moody’s new global branding campaign, defining Moody’s as a category of one. In a world shaped by increasingly interconnected risks, it is more difficult than ever for leaders to act with certainty. Organizations, companies, and governments need to go beyond data into context, and to go beyond context into meaning. That’s where Moody’s is in a category by itself. Through its vast data estate and unparalleled insights and analytics, Moody’s provides a compass for understanding complexity, helping customers decode risk, unlock opportunity, and inform a clear path forward in an era of exponential risk. The financial terms of the partnership were not disclosed.
  11. Wilson (2021) followed Darnold (2018). Darnold (2018) followed Hackenberg (2016). Hackenberg (2016) followed Geno (2013). Geno (2013) followed Sanchez (2009). Hard to take an article seriously when they can't even get this right at the beginning. This isn't a "plan", this is how the NFL works. And they all got guidance, some a ridiculous amount of hand-holding, special assistant coach, guidance. They were simply bad picks and bad QB's. Draft has a less than 50% success rate at QB high. We've had bad GM's for a decade plus. Seeing bad GM's go 0-4 on a 50% bet isn't exactly the same odds as winning the lottery. Combine those bad QB picks with mostly bad rosters (again, bad GM's) and the results are what they are. Bad GM's running badly managed teams drafting bad QB's turn out bad. News at 11. P.S. Every whiner now bemoaning not sitting QB's for years to start their career, are the same folks who loudly and angrily demanded those same QB's start day 1 without any competition or veteran QB's to unseat. So save this blatant hypocrisy, if you please. You're part of the problem.
  12. when my kids were toddlers, they did not want to do their homework, I made them. ZW not wanting to sit does not absolve the Jets, quite the contrary. Its not mostly on the player, its on the organization. if the player doesnt figure it out, you dont' play him, its not f'ng rocket science. If I run a business and I hire a sales guy, and he proves himself incompetent, and I keep letting him ruin my business with his incompetence, its on me for letting him, not him for not figuring it out. This is common sense that is lost on this fan base because of a deranged hatred of a white boy from Utah.
  13. "my sweet sweet boy. They should have watched him every minute! Every minute!"
  14. FWIW obviously, but from Russini: —Giants not looking at QB, want to win this year, definite trade down candidate. —Broncos aggressively trying to get up for McCarthy. —Pats will stick and pick QB because Kraft is hell-bent on getting the team to win post-Belichick. —Penix to Raiders is real, but unlikely to trade up because their GM is trade-averse.
  15. Why is Philly world crying all over the place, when they wouldnt even have been in that position to win if not for that ridiculous challenge reversal on the foul on Divicenzo's rebound? I feel like that is totally going to get lost here, how was that not a foul? How was Philly rewarded possession? Whatever, the net result was awesome
  16. I think Voorhees was his mom’s maiden name,
  17. I guess what didn’t the Jets do for Wilson that they could have done? I don’t think he wanted to sit. They cleared the road for him to start right away. It’s mostly on the player to figure it out at the professional level.
  18. The drop off from the top 3 WR to the rest is pretty great. This team needs playmakers, so go get one.
  19. SO. SO. Accurate. I think they are learning from their mistakes, as much as we want to say they just suck. They'll most definitely draft a QB in the later rounds. So they'll have a veteran back up and developmental QB3 they drafted. As it should be.
  20. so much to unpack here it's probably not even worth it. I don't think you are getting slats point on positional value. The cost of a good OT or WR is $20-30M / year. The cost of the BEST TE in the entire league is ~$15m. Don't hate the player, hate the game. The NFL GM's have determined that TE doesn't impact the game as much as other positions so when you have a chance to get a 3-4 year starter at $5M/year in a position that typically costs $20M+, you jump at it. we get that you love Bowers and I'm sure he's a fine player. But the best anything in college doesn't always translate (see Eric Crouch, RG3, Ty Detmer, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Ricky Williams, Ron Dayne, Marcus Marriotta, Jameis Winston, Matt Leinart, etc...).
  21. Zach's gonna fail the physical. I've seen this movie before... @The Crusher
  22. Zach Fans instead of Jets Fans. A player instead of the Laundry. I am sure the Broncos have a board for you to post on where you can express all your deepest Zach dreams.
  23. once again you show how unknowledgeable you are, and you do it with such confidence, its funny and sad..... If an artist picks a pile of sh*t, and can't mold that pile of sh*t, its on them for picking a pile of sh*t in the first place. If you pick the pile of sh*t, its up to you to mold that pile of sh*t, if you can't, dont' pick the pile of sh*t.... Happy tuesday pal
  24. People have forgotten Gholston never got a single sack, and Blair Thomas was a tiny softie that ran out of bounds. Zach isn’t the worst bust but he’s the most hated for sure.
  1. Load more activity