All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Not sure about that. They have Howard and Cohen which is more than enough at RB position. They wouldn't go QB obviously, but I doubt they'd take a RB either.
  3. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

If the bears are picking near the top, they'll take Barkley. They already have their QB.
  4. We stand on opposite sides of this debate but that was the best support I've read for the opposition. Still disagree but a nice read.
  5. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Disagree as to Rosen. That kid wants to play on the biggest stage. I honestly think if he had his choice of the teams likely to have a top pick, he would select the Jets.
  6. If any jets fan is rooting for a Dolphins win, they should be ashamed of their fanhood.
  7. Query; why are NFL ratings/attendance etc declining?

We live in interesting times. Personally, I have absolutely no issue with someone exercising their constitutional right of free speech to kneel during the national anthem, for whatever reason they so choose. When I was a kid, the Jehovah Witnesses in my elementary school class did precisely the same for reasons of religious belief. The Supreme Court back in 1943 was pretty emphatic that such action was completely protected, and this was before Congress inserted the words "under God" in 1954 due to anti-communist hysteria. The national anthem was not in any way a part of our traditions until the 20th century; it began as a rather trivial tune celebrating Columbus Day in 1892. The anthem has three legitimate ideas in it: 1) we're a nation under God, at least since 1954; 2) we are a nation that believes in liberty for all; and 3) we are a nation that believes in justice for all. In a time when that last idea is a subject of legitimate dispute, it would seem a pretty mild gesture for a citizen of our nation to express disillusionment with what they perceive as a failure to live up to that ideal by kneeling. For those who are adamantly convinced that our country is the beacon of justice for all its citizens, such a gesture will be dismissed as foolish or ill-informed. That's perfectly legitimate. For those who might doubt that premise or blatantly dispute it, kneeling would seem far too little a gesture for other reasons entirely. Tying the act of kneeling with disrespect for either the nation or its principles would seem misguided. It is actually a thoughtful act of questioning whether our principles are being upheld. To me, that right to question is at the core of what the founders intended. Those who know their history will have no difficulty finding many examples of far more aggressive expressions by those very founders regarding their expectations of our young republic. What I find troubling in all of this is the focus on respecting flags and anthems, which on its face seems to promote a kind of old-fashioned, boy-scout patriotism, but which, between the seams, smacks of a kind of authoritarian nationalism that demands lock-step obedience and political correctness to a fault. That rubs my Protestant spirit the wrong way, but as Voltaire once supposedly said: "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." I always believed that our soldiers fought for that right, and all the other rights granted by our great republic, which our flag and now anthem is meant to symbolize. In the end, a symbol is only as good as the values it reflects. Some of our greatest citizens have at times challenged the failure of our nation to sustain those values and helped us become better for it. A great nation pays attention to all its voices, not just the few, not just the enfranchised. In this matter, as in so many others, FDR was right: we have nothing to fear, but fear itself. I know this is one view, and I am not intending to start a debate. Consider it food for thought or a twinkie empty of nutrients. I'm ready for my time-out.
  8. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

The Niners have great ownership? I think that would be news to Niners fans.
  9. 3 and 2

THIS!!!
  10. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

I would imagine both of these kids really want to go to the Niners. Both Cali kids, niners have good ownership, offensive coach. Could either of them do a Eli and force themselves there
  11. 3 and 2

UH, not even close my dear leader.
  12. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

I don't know. The bears schedule is pretty tough. 49rs are implementing their tank plan and their GM/coach have 6 year contracts. Don't sleep on the browns who also don't look that strong.
  13. 3 and 2

Uh NO. #SUCKFOR SAM
  14. We better effing lose every game

Then you must not watch a lot of college football.
  15. We better effing lose every game

Yes fear mongoring aka trolling. You’re going around the board insisting that there is a legitimate chance he doesn’t declare, which is BS.
  16. The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

This is absolutely fantastic! lol
  17. Goal: 100,000 POST IN THIS THREAD

This woman's popped up before in this thread. One of my faves.
  18. 3 and 2

Whats harder to believe that the Jets win this game or dbatesman has a wife?
  19. We better effing lose every game

You said "fire whoever he wants and let him have input AND OKAY OUR CHOICES IF WE HAVE TOO". If that isn't letting him pick what is? No way no how that happens. Whats next consulting him on draft picks and FA's? This would never happen. Here's what will happen. Darnold comes out or he doesn't. The Jets pick him or they don't. They don't need to entice the guy to come here that's what contracts are for. If he has reservations about playing here then all the enticements in the world mean nothing. Especially if he doesn't want to be here. You would be better off not drafting him if he has reservations or is not comfortable not playing for this team or in NY.
  20. Since the Archie/Eli/Chargers issue has come up again, let's actually discuss the why's behind it. The Mannings didn't want anything to do with the Chargers, not because of the coach or GM. Not because of the location, fans, or even the roster. They said hell no because of Dean Spanos. Coaches, GMs, rosters, they all change. And pretty damn quickly in the NFL. But in most cases, you are stuck with the owner. Spanos is a cheap SOB that has annually proven that the Mannings were right. Every year he gets cheap with the contracts for their top picks, never seem to bring in the top free agents and as such, aren't very relevant despite having one of the best QBs over the past ten years. Say what you want about Woody. With this year as the only exception, he spends the money. He is overly aggressive in Free Agency. And Darnold would be the biggest star in the biggest city once he got the Jets back to the playoffs.
  21. Today
  22. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

The 49ers are better than us we couldn't ever put up 39 points, or hang with the Seahawks and I suspect the Bears are too once they get that stiff Glennon out of there. They were possessions away from beating the Falcons. If Trubisky comes in and plays like he did in preseason they'll have no worries about winning some games.
  23. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Darnold will only get worse in this new offense. He's already losing fans left and right.
  24. We better effing lose every game

Like it could get worse? I'm not saying you let him pick the coach like Lebron, just that you make his team feel like their input is valued. We need to hire a president of football operations first, then let them go sit in their living room easing any concerns that they have just as if you were recruiting them to a school.
  25. We better effing lose every game

Not impressed.
  26. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

UCLA team is not worthy of a QB with Rosen's talent. No way he stays in school another year. Darnold could decide to stay in school because winning is fun and no matter which NFL team takes him, he's going to lose for awhile. I hope he wins the national championship because I really get the feeling that unless he does, he will seriously consider staying in school to try to win one next season.
  1. Load more activity