All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. NO GUARANTEES

All true, but with this roster and coaching staff this year, the best hope to advance a Super Bowl in our lifetimes would be to lose every game. That gives us a very high pick in each round of a good draft, and the will to not only fire MaccBowles, but to change the entire structure of the team. If they can look credible and win a few games, Chris may think he is turning it around. He can't think that-it is currently hopeless.
  3. They're gonna scare Darnold all the way into the PhD program
  4. About to watch a game featuring Jay Cutty vs Josh McCown in 2017 so don't tell me dropping to both knees ain't justified, Goober.
  5. Agreed. Expansion was a disaster. The talent is way too watered down.
  6. Jags 10-0 up on Baltimore in Q1 in London.
  7. In response to Chump's absurd attack on the NFL, the Jets defense, as sign of solidarity, should sit down the entire game while on the field. Now that's entertainment.
  8. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

That's not what he said. He's very good. Best player in college football. That doesn't mean it makes sense for the Bears to draft him.
  9. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Rosen was under pressure most of the game and his receivers dropped a lot of passes. It didn't help that the bruin D could not tackle or catch Stanford's little RB.
  10. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

or, they will trade out with a QB hungry team and get a lot of picks (and maybe still get Barkley even).
  11. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

That would seem the most logical to me. I am not sure I think the Bears will be picking before the Jets, I think the Bears are considerably better, but I digress.
  12. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

So you didn't see enough yesterday to make you realize Barkley is special?
  13. NO GUARANTEES

You're right. Don't think anyone has thought of this. The tank is off!!
  14. I keep getting the sense that Bowles takes politics into account too much when deciding who to play. Its like they have to justify the the boss money the spent or draft picks they use, and they play those players.
  15. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

I didn't get to watch Rosen last night. I watched the USC game and it was not one of Darnold's best games. Cal's defense was much better than I expected and they had him under duress most of the game.
  16. Even if the Jets lose every game this year there are no guarantees that: 1) they get the number one pick (49ers are horrible, too); 2) the best QB prospects will declare for the NFL draft; 3) the Jets will have the right management in place to make the best or even a good pick; 4) the QB selected will ultimately become a quality NFL QB. Jet fans who are rooting for losses now may be very, very disappointed.
  17. Even if the Jets lose every game this year there are no guarantees that: 1) they get the number one pick (49ers are horrible, too); 2) the best QB prospects will declare for the NFL draft; 3) the Jets will have the right management in place to make the best or even a good pick; 4) the QB selected will ultimately become a quality NFL QB. Jet fans who are rooting for losses now may be very, very disappointed.
  18. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Bears could always go with Arden Key and beef up the pass rush.
  19. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Not sure about that. They have Howard and Cohen which is more than enough at RB position. They wouldn't go QB obviously, but I doubt they'd take a RB either.
  20. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

If the bears are picking near the top, they'll take Barkley. They already have their QB.
  21. We stand on opposite sides of this debate but that was the best support I've read for the opposition. Still disagree but a nice read.
  22. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

Disagree as to Rosen. That kid wants to play on the biggest stage. I honestly think if he had his choice of the teams likely to have a top pick, he would select the Jets.
  23. If any jets fan is rooting for a Dolphins win, they should be ashamed of their fanhood.
  24. Query; why are NFL ratings/attendance etc declining?

We live in interesting times. Personally, I have absolutely no issue with someone exercising their constitutional right of free speech to kneel during the national anthem, for whatever reason they so choose. When I was a kid, the Jehovah Witnesses in my elementary school class did precisely the same for reasons of religious belief. The Supreme Court back in 1943 was pretty emphatic that such action was completely protected, and this was before Congress inserted the words "under God" in 1954 due to anti-communist hysteria. The national anthem was not in any way a part of our traditions until the 20th century; it began as a rather trivial tune celebrating Columbus Day in 1892. The anthem has three legitimate ideas in it: 1) we're a nation under God, at least since 1954; 2) we are a nation that believes in liberty for all; and 3) we are a nation that believes in justice for all. In a time when that last idea is a subject of legitimate dispute, it would seem a pretty mild gesture for a citizen of our nation to express disillusionment with what they perceive as a failure to live up to that ideal by kneeling. For those who are adamantly convinced that our country is the beacon of justice for all its citizens, such a gesture will be dismissed as foolish or ill-informed. That's perfectly legitimate. For those who might doubt that premise or blatantly dispute it, kneeling would seem far too little a gesture for other reasons entirely. Tying the act of kneeling with disrespect for either the nation or its principles would seem misguided. It is actually a thoughtful act of questioning whether our principles are being upheld. To me, that right to question is at the core of what the founders intended. Those who know their history will have no difficulty finding many examples of far more aggressive expressions by those very founders regarding their expectations of our young republic. What I find troubling in all of this is the focus on respecting flags and anthems, which on its face seems to promote a kind of old-fashioned, boy-scout patriotism, but which, between the seams, smacks of a kind of authoritarian nationalism that demands lock-step obedience and political correctness to a fault. That rubs my Protestant spirit the wrong way, but as Voltaire once supposedly said: "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." I always believed that our soldiers fought for that right, and all the other rights granted by our great republic, which our flag and now anthem is meant to symbolize. In the end, a symbol is only as good as the values it reflects. Some of our greatest citizens have at times challenged the failure of our nation to sustain those values and helped us become better for it. A great nation pays attention to all its voices, not just the few, not just the enfranchised. In this matter, as in so many others, FDR was right: we have nothing to fear, but fear itself. I know this is one view, and I am not intending to start a debate. Consider it food for thought or a twinkie empty of nutrients. I'm ready for my time-out.
  25. Scouting the qbs for next year thread

The Niners have great ownership? I think that would be news to Niners fans.
  26. 3 and 2

THIS!!!
  1. Load more activity