Can't give Idzik the blame for the WR mess and not give him credit for richardson, would be disingenuous. Point stands though, he whiffed hard and the picks he went with instead of better wide receivers aren't seemingly worth it. Benjamin on this team (who I didn't want so it was guaranteed he was likely to be good) would be a lot more valuable than a hard hitting safety. Hindsight I know but people are getting paid to figure this out in advance. Figure it out.
My two cents: Idzik needed to get WR help on this team and proceeded to draft what is looking like 3 complete busts. He didn't miss on 1 or 2, he missed on 3 WRs. There are rookie WRs doing good things for various teams around the league and we picked 3 guys who can't get on the field and we're trotting out Nelson and Salas (again).
Totally missed it, my bad. That was the call that I thought made it clear who the refs were pulling for, not a huge call only 5 yards but this was the one that proved that winning this game was going to be an uphill battle.
This pretty much sums up the game for me. I'm also surprised no one has brought up the offsides call on the Jets dline when Rodgers was obviously rocking back expecting the snap that didn't come and the refs never even considered calling it on Rodgers.
Suzuki SV650 (first gen curvy), the ultimate budget v-twin (I once replaced the front end for about $150). My first bike, have not "upgraded" in the 5 years of riding although I'm lusting after the BMW F800GT in Valencia orange.
My takeaways from watching only the first half (I had to leave the stadium due to work):
1. Geno looks a little more comfortable than last year but still looks like a 2nd year qb. Not sure how much to expect from him this year to be honest.
2. Vick looked like a veteran familiar with the playbook, thought that was clear. He impressed me with his speed, did not know he still had that much gas left.
3. D-line is very strong and holds the line very well.
4. Patterson - ugh.
5. Millner looked like he came to play this year and wants some of that big DB money down the line. Very hopeful.
6. Colon is nasty, big fan of his.
7. My biggest concern isn't really a concern but more of a disappointment: the O-line. It seems like just a few years ago we had a dominant, in your face type of o-line that could control the line of scrimmage and pave the way for a solid running game. Now it looks like we have an average o-line, with no real power coming out of the blocks. I'm worried that the running game will be average and lead to a below average passing game. If Geno is going to start and be an improvement over last year then I think he is going to need a solid running game and some PA passes to help get him there. From what I saw from the first team o-line last night it doesn't look like we will be getting that. Hopefully it gets better by the day and the line comes together but they didn't instill much confidence last night from the small sample we got to witness.