Good news ... MRI revealed no ACL tear ... sprained knee only. Not ruling out return Monday night, although that is probably unlikely. http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/MRI-on-Antonio-Cromarties-Knee-Negative-/b75e25f9-4a5e-464a-91ac-d4fce1b791a6?campaign=fb
1. 1968 AFL Championship Game
2. Super Bowl III
3. 1971 - San Francisco vs Jets (Namath returns from injury, comes off the bench down big and leads great comeback that falls just short)
4. 1974 - Jets beat Giants in OT at Yale Bowl on Namath to Boozer TD pass.
5. 1972 - Namath throws 6TD's and beats Unitas in shootout in Baltimore
6. 1998 - Jets beat Jags in Playoff at Meadowlands
7. 1981 - Jets beat Dolphins at Shea in battle for 1st place 16-15 on Todd to Barkum last second TD pass
8. O'Brien vs Marino shootout
9. Monday Night Miracle (Jets vs Dolphins)
10. 2010 - Sanchez leads Jets over Pats in playoffs in NE
He'd also like to see the goal posts narrowed by a yard, raising the degree of difficulty. Westhoff, who does some consulting on the side, brought that idea to the FXFL developmental league last year. The league liked it, he said, but it simply didn't have the money to change the goal posts.
For the record, I am VERY happy with what the new regime has done so far.
Inside of 3 weeks, Mac has:
1. Gotten us a #1 receiver for almost nothing, getting Decker more favorable matchups as the #2.
2. Created competition and built depth on the O-line
3. Re-signed our team leading tackler
4. Brought in a veteran QB, who even if we don't bring in a "franchise" QB, will at worst, be a huge upgrade to the dunce we had starting last year
5. Completely revamped our secondary, taking it from the worst in the league to potentially Top 3 in the league.
And, oh by the way, we still have the entire draft, including the #6 overall pick.
I don't know how anybody can can feel anything else but pretty good as to how things have gone so far this offseason.