1,7. Remains to be seen how flopping would affect Jordan's game
2. If Magic has to cover Curry, he's getting the worst of this matchup. I'm no fanboy by any means, but against Magic, Curry would be able to get off his shot at will. The thing that people are failing to factor in here is that a 3 is worth 50% more points than a 2. Assuming scoring in the paint and from the charity stripe to be a wash, a team of guys that can shoot even 50% from midrange is going to lose to a team that can shoot around 40% from downtown.
3. Garnett/Duncan could certainly hold their own. How many elite defensive centers did Olajuwon (my favorite player, btw) face each season? Let's not act like he was averaging 40+ a game against guys who were far worse defenders than Garnett (an all-time great defensive player, even though he's the biggest fake tough guy of all-time) and Duncan.
4. You're out of your mind.
5. Adjust and go small. Have Duncan, Garnett, or Pau play the 5 for stretches.
8. This isn't Jack Sikma or Kiki Vandeweghe that Larry Legend would need to guard. Do you seriously think he'd have any prayer guarding the likes of LeBron?
9. Perhaps true, but his Jordan is the only guy who can guard him with his handle and release. Who is going to stop Kobe or LeBron then?
10. Probably true, but irrelevant
The game has completely changed and the athleticism and 3-point shooting of the latter era would simply be too much for the 80's guys to handle.