10 Questions for Bitonti and all the Herm supporters

Boozer76

I want to ask you some questions straight up about Herm Edwards. Disregard his record this season, and for his tenure. this is solely regarding him as a coach. Please answer as honetly as you can.

1. Do you feel Herm is a well rounded HC who is skilled at all aspects of the job?

2. Do you feel Herm's strengths as a HC far outweigh his shortcomings?

3. Name a game where Herm's has singlehandedly or contributed greatly towards a loss in terms of his gameplanning and/or strategizing.

4. Name a game where Herm has singlehandedly or contributed greatly towards a win in terms of his gameplanning and/or strategizing.

5. Name one game where Herm has outcoached his opponent.

6. Name 5 other current NFL coaches whom you feel confident that Herm could outcoach on gameday.

7. Do you feel Herm is capable of coaching a bad team to average, average to good, good to great?

8. Do you feel herm is capable of coaching a near flawless season that results in us having a bye week and homefield throughout the playoffs?

9. Do you feel Herm is a SB caliber head coach?

10. The team has the ball on the opponents 37 yard line with 1:46 seconds and 2 timeouts left in a divisional playoff game. You as a fan are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to replace Herm for that final minute and a half with any coach of your choice to manage the game. Would you pull Herm and replace him with someone else? If so, how many other of the current NFL coaches would you prefer to have at the helm for this particular instance over Herm?

I am too lazy to answer them all.

1. Do you feel Herm is a well rounded HC who is skilled at all aspects of the job?

Yes. He is average at some but he is a good coach.

Yes. Game day management STILL needs improvement.

3. Name a game where Herm's has singlehandedly or contributed greatly towards a loss in terms of his gameplanning and/or strategizing.

It is impossible for me to say where the line is. Herm is ultimately responsible. But when they beat San Diego in the playoffs I don't know how much input he had offensively.

4. Name a game where Herm has singlehandedly or contributed greatly towards a win in terms of his gameplanning and/or strategizing.

See # 3.

Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year. Doug misses the kicks though.

6. Name 5 other current NFL coaches whom you feel confident that Herm could outcoach on gameday.

Mike Tice, Mike Martz, Jim Haslett, Dennis Green, Marty Schott

7. Do you feel Herm is capable of coaching a bad team to average, average to good, good to great?

Yes. I think last years team overachieved.

8. Do you feel herm is capable of coaching a near flawless season that results in us having a bye week and homefield throughout the playoffs?

Tough to say, he needs to step up and prove this. His teams either start slow and end slow. Until this year when they decided to do both.

Injuries are important. They need a little luck somewhere along the way. Yeah, yeah, yeah...residue of design I get it.

Until he does it, it is impossible to say. But there are only a few that are active and have won it all.

10. The team has the ball on the opponents 37 yard line with 1:46 seconds and 2 timeouts left in a divisional playoff game. You as a fan are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to replace Herm for that final minute and a half with any coach of your choice to manage the game. Would you pull Herm and replace him with someone else? If so, how many other of the current NFL coaches would you prefer to have at the helm for this particular instance over Herm?

Herm doesn't call the offensive plays. But even if he did it wouldn't matter. Herms team would have the lead. And he better would know best how to kill the clock!

1. Do you feel Herm is a well rounded HC who is skilled at all aspects of the job? obvious answer of no here. Time and game management issues still pop up every game

2. Do you feel Herm's strengths as a HC far outweigh his shortcomings? strengths? good coach from Monday to Sat period

3. Name a game where Herm's has singlehandedly or contributed greatly towards a loss in terms of his gameplanning and/or strategizing. Baltimore this year and last year, the Pittsburgh PLAYOFF game

4. Name a game where Herm has singlehandedly or contributed greatly towards a win in terms of his gameplanning and/or strategizing. preseason vs the Vikings

5. Name one game where Herm has outcoached his opponent. preseason vs Eagles but they benched all of their starters

6. Name 5 other current NFL coaches whom you feel confident that Herm could outcoach on gameday. Mike Tice, Jim Haslett, Norv Turner, Dom Capers

7. Do you feel Herm is capable of coaching a bad team to average, average to good, good to great? bad to average

8. Do you feel herm is capable of coaching a near flawless season that results in us having a bye week and homefield throughout the playoffs? never, too many brain farts and fundamental mistakes will hold him back

9. Do you feel Herm is a SB caliber head coach? only if he gives free rein to his coordinators and is merely a puppet on the sidelines

10. The team has the ball on the opponents 37 yard line with 1:46 seconds and 2 timeouts left in a divisional playoff game. You as a fan are given the once in a lifetime opportunity to replace Herm for that final minute and a half with any coach of your choice to manage the game. Would you pull Herm and replace him with someone else? If so, how many other of the current NFL coaches would you prefer to have at the helm for this particular instance over Herm? Why do you not just say Pitt game from last year. There are at least 10-15 coaches I would rather have

I want to ask you some questions straight up about Herm Edwards. Disregard his record this season, and for his tenure. this is solely regarding him as a coach. Please answer as honetly as you can.

Absolutely not. He has strengths and weaknesses.

Yes. Otherwise I wouldn't be a fan of his or want him to continue to coach the Jets.

Singlehandedly? I can't. I mean, there have been poor decisions in games, but just like the kick at the end of Steelers game, that was not the ONLY reason we lost, just one of the many reasons. Only in Tennis and Golf can one person take all the blame or glory.

See #3. Again, as a HC if you go for it on 4th and inches and get it, you are a hero, you miss it, the villain. It works in KC and TB recently, but if they hadn't made it?

Two.

This year against the Bucs. That was not a game we should have won and bringing in Vinny was a good move for that game. It worked. We won.

Last year against the Steelers. We lost, but we had every opportunity to win against a better team.

That is a loaded question. You want to make every bit of a seven day week come down to a game day coaching. Herm is not the best at game day coaching, certainly not. If you believe that coaching is just three hours a week, you are missing the other 99% of the game.

1. Dennis Green

2. Mike Tice

3. Mularky

4. Capers

5. Haslett

Yes. I don't think any of the Jets teams in the last few years have been great and yet they get beyond where there should and beat better teams (not all of them of course). I would say they have been average -> good.

Nope. But I think there are only a handful of coaches that can do that. Some do it and STILL lose every year in the playoffs (Shanahan, Dungy, Green, Reid)

SB caliber? Well, he hasn't gotten us there and won one, so not sure he is. Do I think he could? Yes. You don't have to be an ass like Parcells or a "genius" like BB to get to the Super Bowl, plenty of emotional leaders can get them there and win. And again, if you think that coaching is the only thing that gets you to the Super Bowl, you are way off. Players, Assistant Coaches, Injuries, Luck all play just a big a factor.

Who is my kicker? :)

No, I would not replace him if given the chance but mostly because if he gets us to that spot, he has just a good a chance of getting it through.

Now, if you said I "had" to replace him, yes... there are only a few I think could get it done and I would trust to get it done.

- Parcells

- BB

- Shanahan

Of course, now haven given honest answers I expect that the Trolls will feed for days.

I guess it is Thanksgiving after all. Enjoy.

BZ

1-9: I have no time for ny of that.

10: Many coaches would've played it the same. Marty did the week before. You gave your kicker a second chance to win the game. It was a bad kick.

1:46 to play 2 time outs and no kicker has made a fg that long, at that end of the field all year long. What do you do?

1:46 to play 2 time outs and no kicker has made a fg that long, at that end of the field all year long. What do you do?

If I have a running game that is getting stuffed and a QB with a shoulder that is ripped to shreads, I take my chances on that kick!

Archived