Jets Trade For OLineman and Trade Lowery

SoFlaJets

Opens up a spot for a Safety..........................Meriweather

unless this is true, not happy about moving Lowery.

He seemed perfect at safety. Can't cover one on one, but is a ball-hawk. Perfect for an extra safety in the dime.

I do think there's a chance for Meriweather, forget about the fact we could use him, I think Tanny and Rex would like to get back at BB for the Ellis signing.

Also like getting Schlauderaff, I remember them talking about him at the draft, about how he's a very good run blocker and would've went earlier if not for injuries.

Wonder what the reasoning was behing the Lowery trade? Future cap relief? We had good DB depth with him. I was just thinking about that earlier, I forgot he was even on the team. Also confusing because I think generally you're going to carry 4 safeties, and we only have 3 that stand out - Leonhard, Smith and Pool. Who is/will be the 4th?

Wonder what the reasoning was behing the Lowery trade? Future cap relief? We had good DB depth with him. I was just thinking about that earlier, I forgot he was even on the team. Also confusing because I think generally you're going to carry 4 safeties, and we only have 3 that stand out - Leonhard, Smith and Pool. Who is/will be the 4th?

You forgot he was on the team but you're confused why we traded him? lol

Right now our 4th safety is Emanuel Cook,they will probably make an attempt to sign Brandon Merriweather.

Right now our 4th safety is Emanuel Cook,they will probably make an attempt to sign Brandon Merriweather.

I have to think that's what's going on here. Cook is a very nice guy and I'm rooting for him, but damn he was pretty awful in game 3 (didn't watch game 4 maybe he picked it up a bit)

The New York Jets have traded Safety Dwight Lowery to the Jacksonville Jaguars for an undisclosed draft choice.  They have also traded for Guard Caleb Schlauderaff from Green Bay, also for an undisclosed conditional draft choice.  The Packers selected Schlauderaff in the 6th round on the draft in April.  Here is his bio from the Packers website:

• Earned second-team All-America honors from Walter Camp and SI.com and was named first-team All-Mountain West Conference in 2010.
  • A four-year starter, appeared in 52 games with 49 starts for the Utes.
  • Part of Utah’s 2008 team that finished No. 2 in the country in The Associated Press’  final poll, the only team in the country to post a perfect record (13-0).
  • Played in bowl games all four seasons at Utah as the team registered a 42-10 record over that span.
  • Was a four-time Academic All-MWC selection.

The Lowery move is a bit of a surprise, since the Jets seemed happy with him at Safety.   What isn’t surprising is the move for Schlauderaff.  It has been well documented that the Jets were thin depth-wise on the offensive line.  Schlauderaff can play guard and center.  The Jets waived C Robby Felix today and Schlauderaff now appears to be the backup center until Robert Turner returns from his leg injury.

You can read more about this moves in our

di</img>di</img>

5J_KI1AzVVw

View the full article

reading the rex quote closely, Matt Slauson is the emergency center and Caleb would step in at LG the position he's been playing for years. Vlad would step in at either OT spot and possibly RG. I think they are done looking for OL.

according to Wiki, Slauson did get regular season center snaps in 2009, but I honestly don't recall that. It's also probable they've been rotating him in practice at OC after Turner went down.

reading the rex quote closely, Matt Slauson is the emergency center and Caleb would step in at LG the position he's been playing for years. Vlad would step in at either OT spot and possibly RG. I think they are done looking for OL.

according to Wiki, Slauson did get regular season center snaps in 2009, but I honestly don't recall that. It's also probable they've been rotating him in practice at OC after Turner went down.

hey Matt did you guys like this kid coming out of Utah?

Jimmy I changed the thread title to minimize the # of duplicate threads that people create.

Leave Jimmy's threads alone. you act like you own the place. I too am bummed about lowrey but i'll get over it quickly. I don't think i'll ever catch myself screamin at the TV sayin...DANG IF LOWREY WAS HERE THAT NEVAH WOULDA HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey Matt did you guys like this kid coming out of Utah?

he was ok, a tough guy. expected him to be a Colt or Patriot a very non descript dude athletically but tons of guile and experience. I like the idea of Slauson sliding over and Caleb playing the same LG he's played in Packers preseason and for 49 starts at Utah. That makes sense more than Felix or other no name stepping in for Mangold

Callahan will straighten him out...

That's fine. Schlauderaff was decent at Utah. Mean dude on the field. Raw as all hell though and he doesn't move laterally very well. The concern is that he was downgraded to 3rd string like a day or two ago. They tried him as a backup at both spots and he couldn't hack it. We run zones quite often on run plays and that's exactly what he couldn't do. For the long-term, he's a nice little project, for the short-term, by no measure should he be counted on as a guy that can step in and play immediately.

Archived