Could THIS Be The Reason We Didn't Try For Braylon?

SoFlaJets

Braylon Edwards could still be suspended by NFL 5 9/5/2011 10:14:05

According to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area.com, the NFL is still reviewing the Braylon Edwards case and a decision has not yet been made if Edwards will be suspended for violation of the league's personal conduct policy.

Edwards pled guilty in July to Driving While Intoxicated stemming from an arrest almost a year ago. At the time of the arrest Edwards was on probation in Ohio for pleading no contest to misdemeanor aggravated disorderly conduct. Edwards has been attending an alcohol counseling program since November 2010.

Edwards signed a one-year, $2.1 million deal with the 49ers this offseason. The 49ers start their season against the Seattle Seahawks on September 11 but don't yet know if Edwards will be available for the game. A team spokesman told Maiocco that they were aware Edwards could be suspended a game or two at the time they agreed to the contract.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That on top of the bar fight recently with his "homies"

The bar fight IMO is what put it over the top as far as his being signed to a reasonable contract. People were concerned when he got his DWI that he might have to do jail time for probation violation in Ohio. He didn't go to jail, but he was put on active probation, as opposed to non reporting probation. I don't know the laws in Ohio, but in Florida, if you are on active probation for a drug, or alcohol related crime, it is a violation of probation to even be drinking.

Even though he wasn't arrested, this might not be the end of it.

Oh please if the rest of the thug turds didnt get a suspension this offseason Braylon will not.

There is a difference.

Braylon's *crimes* were committed when he was on the NFL payroll. "The rest of the thug turds" were not NFL employees at the time, so the NFL really doesn't have much jurisdiction.

Of course, the NFL is contradicting itself with the case of Tyrelle Pryor.

Didn't seem as if Santonio even liked the guy. He really signed for peanuts. No reason we couldn't have matched.

H surely pissed on someones wheaties

Yeah someone still has to justify to me how is Santonio worth FIVE times as much as Braylon. That's just stupid. I recognize that it was a 1 year deal with San Fran, but still...

Guess we'll never know, but here is how I interpret what happened. Originally both Edwards and Holmes were looking for big money. The Jets made a business decision and went with Holmes, and decided to gamble that Plax could still play.

Rex was still making pressers that he loved Bray, but for the money they were offering. Not what he was asking. They gave his number to Plax. Edwards looked at it like an insult. he wasn't signing with the Jets now for anything. Made a few tweets.

Then the bar fight happened, and two people got stabbed by his cousins. He tweeted again. (What a dope) His value fell in a man hole. He had to take the only offer available now. What a steal by the Niners no matter what his legal status.

To bad. There was a window there they could have had both Edwards and Holmes

And yet we had no problems trading for a guy who was suspended for 4 games.

Yeah, exactly. I don't know when it happened that Santonio suddenly became a 'good character' guy, he's not. Maybe less issues than Braylon but still a headcase.

So we have Plex for a year or two maybe, who is the next big target that can stretch the field either coming on to the free agent market on in the draft next year?

That's the problem to me. Are we really going to rotate receivers every single year with our franchise QB? He's yet to have the same starting 2 for more than a single season.

I have to hope that Kerley will emerge as a slot receiver sooner or later, and have a few years with Sanchez because other than that it's just Holmes and Keller.

Guess we'll never know, but here is how I interpret what happened. Originally both Edwards and Holmes were looking for big money. The Jets made a business decision and went with Holmes, and decided to gamble that Plax could still play.

Rex was still making pressers that he loved Bray, but for the money they were offering. Not what he was asking. They gave his number to Plax. Edwards looked at it like an insult. he wasn't signing with the Jets now for anything. Made a few tweets.

Then the bar fight happened, and two people got stabbed by his cousins. He tweeted again. (What a dope) His value fell in a man hole. He had to take the only offer available now. What a steal by the Niners no matter what his legal status.

To bad. There was a window there they could have had both Edwards and Holmes

Thats right we could have had both Edwards and Holmes and Plax as well. Its like the JETS were dealt the right cards but forgot how to play them!

And that incident with the cousin how is it a reflection on Edwards. For those who have been bar hopping with their cousins how many times do you completely control their actions ?

Yeah, exactly. I don't know when it happened that Santonio suddenly became a 'good character' guy, he's not. Maybe less issues than Braylon but still a headcase.

I have to hope that Kerley will emerge as a slot receiver sooner or later, and have a few years with Sanchez because other than that it's just Holmes and Keller.

Isn't Santonio one strike away ? Again hope that never happens but in Goddell court of law Santonio is in a much more precarious position than Braylon.

He cost HIMSELF millions. How stupid....I dont want someone that dumb on the team.

Nobody gives a f what u want. I love how Jets fans are quick to vilify the guy when we gave a pothead 1 strike away from a year long suspension 50 million and we signed a dude fresh out of prison for guaranteed cash. Oh you guys are choosy about your thugturds arent you? None of you idiots gave a f-ck when Braylon was catching touchdowns in the playoffs. Now that he's on another team its thugturd this and douchebag that. GTFOH

Aquib Talib SHOT a mofo, damn near killed him- No suspension

Cedric Benson beat up his boyfriend during the SEASON- no suspension, even though he's in Jail.

ALbert Haynesworth fondled some waitresses titties- no suspension.

Darnell Dockett is tweeting about pulling a Gilbert Arenas and almost bringing a GAT to the facility - not reprimanded. So dont tell me about Twitter and clubbing- that has sh*t to do with anything. As long as they dont tweet during the forbidden hours on game day I could give a sh*t. Even the NFL choir boys are tweeting their lame bible verses, noone cares.

And Im not being bitchy, just callin you out on your myopic view of thugturdery.

If it happened during lockout throw it. out.

Again Braylon is a repeatturd.As a GM I wouldnt give him the free prize from my happymeal

Well luckily you're just a message board nerd and not a GM. :bag:

Braylon Edwards is the worst person in the NFL.

The decision to dump Edwards had absolutely nothing to do with character issues. Both FA WR's wanted big $$$ long-term deals -- only one could be signed. I think signing Holmes was the right decision since IMO he is more of a 1A, while Edwards is a 1B. Getting essentially the same guy in PLax as a one year rental was a brilliant move. We will get younger by drafting a WR with an early pick in the next draft. Today's NFL is such that short of signing a Charles Manson or Ted Bundy type, off-field character doesn't count for a whole hell of a lot and is a non-issue.

Oh please if the rest of the thug turds didnt get a suspension this offseason Braylon will not.

If it happened during the lockout the NFL cant do **** even if they wanted to.

Nobody gives a f what u want. I love how Jets fans are quick to vilify the guy when we gave a pothead 1 strike away from a year long suspension 50 million and we signed a dude fresh out of prison for guaranteed cash. Oh you guys are choosy about your thugturds arent you? None of you idiots gave a f-ck when Braylon was catching touchdowns in the playoffs. Now that he's on another team its thugturd this and douchebag that. GTFOH

That "pothead" hasn't done one thing since getting his a$$ traded off the Steelers, has admitted to his mistakes and vowed not to repeat them for the sake of his children, and is a better receiver AND TEAM-MATE than Braylon ever was. Right after his DUI, whispers came out that team-mates were pissed w/ him, weren't surprised that it had happened because he was selfish. Then during free agency it was reported that he was considered a diva in the locker room and that was a big reason why the Jets didn't want him. He's an idiot with all the talent in the world, who STILL hasn't learned from his mistakes, which is why he's in SF with a cheap, non guaranteed contract while Holmes is playing for us for 50 million. Its time to get over Braylon. He's gone and his constant stupidity has all but assured he is never coming back.

Archived