****NY Jets vs. Cowboys official gameday thread****

InstantClassic

Not going to lie -- the pregame ceremony is going to be incredible but tough to sit through.

Let's go Jets!

We plan to enter approx 5-10 min before kickoff to avoid the pre-game.

No way I want to sit through that.

Cant beat it when when the kickoff is literally in the air and you are just sitting down with a cold one.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it makes good TV, but I can't watch it.

I hate what what happened that day, reliving it like that, makes me furious.

I certainly can appreciate the sentiment, but I don't like watching it either. I spent the past five years representing in Italy and there it has become sort of a day to say "We love America". When people find out I was in New York they are universally respectful. I also had to deal with constant raised terror threat levels and friends in less friendly places, so you get kind of a different feel. I've said it before,when people tell me their stories, I always want to tell my comparatively uneventful day. Not because I think anybody is interested, but because I get queasy hearing everyone else's tale.

Just over an hour until kickoff... Damn, I can't believe the start of the season is right around the corner. It's been a long offseason and nothing would be better than a beat down of the Cowboys.

Sanchez, Greene and our offensive line must lead the way for the Jets tonight. Everything else will fall into place. Mark my words... Behind that offensive line, Romo is getting killed tonight. I'd be SHOCKED if Romo doesn't have an awful game.

Inactives for the Cowboys and Jets are in, and Tyron Smith and Mike Jenkins are both active for the Cowboys. Both are expected to start, though the Cowboys have not confirmed that Smith will start.

Cowboys inactives: Stephen McGee – third QB, Phillip Tanner, Terence Newman, David Arkin, Martellus Bennett, Clifton Geathers and Laurent Robinson.

Jets inactives: Kevin O’Connell – third QB, Logan Payne, Andrew Sendejo, Caleb Schlauderaff, Kendrick Ellis, Bilal Powell and Robert Turner.

Inactives for the Cowboys and Jets are in, and Tyron Smith and Mike Jenkins are both active for the Cowboys. Both are expected to start, though the Cowboys have not confirmed that Smith will start.

Cowboys inactives: Stephen McGee – third QB, Phillip Tanner, Terence Newman, David Arkin, Martellus Bennett, Clifton Geathers and Laurent Robinson.

Jets inactives: Kevin O’Connell – third QB, Logan Payne, Andrew Sendejo, Caleb Schlauderaff, Kendrick Ellis, Bilal Powell and Robert Turner.

You beat me! I thought there was no 3rd QB rule. If you want them to be available you had to have them active and there would be an extra player available?

Archived