Revised Yankees Magic Number Thread

Bob

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spin Cycle....C'mon Dude, this is pretty damn funny. If you're anything like a lifelong Sawx fan, getting used to this swoon is almost common

So since you've been crowing about these Sawx that could possibly challenge the '98 Yanks for most wins, I take extra pleasure seeing you squirm, trying to right the ship.....eeking out 2nd place, if you do.

Funny, your saving grace is playing the Orioles...That's funny, because they've bee playing great ball as of late, and won't roll over for the Sawx.....they just took 2 from the Rays, who the Sawx have lost 5 in a row to.

This is awesome!!!

Spin Cycle....C'mon Dude, this is pretty damn funny. If you're anything like a lifelong Sawx fan, getting used to this swoon is almost common

So since you've been crowing about these Sawx that could possibly challenge the '98 Yanks for most wins, I take extra pleasure seeing you squirm, trying to right the ship.....eeking out 2nd place, if you do.

Funny, your saving grace is playing the Orioles...That's funny, because they've bee playing great ball as of late, and won't roll over for the Sawx.....they just took 2 from the Rays, who the Sawx have lost 5 in a row to.

This is awesome!!!

Please show me where I said the 2011 sox would challenge the 1998 Yankees. Dare you. You won't find it because it never happened.

So what about the bet JonE? Time to nut up or shut up.

Okay, I'll make this bet.

If the Yanks lose 1st place to the Red Sox this year, I won't post in 2012

If Sawx don't overtake them, you don't post

Deal?

So you run your mouth about a Sox collapse but aren't willing to bet on it? I thought your name was Jon, not Sally.

I'll pass on your bet. I'm aware the Sox best chance for the playoffs in the WC and I'm fine with that. As long as they get in.

Wow! Someone's nervous....

Not at all. As long as the Red Sox split these four games with the Rays, they should be fine. The Rays have to play the Yankees 7 more times, the Red Sox have to play the O's 7 more times.

We'll see what happens with Beckett tonight, but the odds and numbers are in the Sox favor.

Not at all. As long as the Red Sox split these four games with the Rays, they should be fine. The Rays have to play the Yankees 7 more times, the Red Sox have to play the O's 7 more times.

We'll see what happens with Beckett tonight, but the odds and numbers are in the Sox favor.

And when the Rays are tied with the Sox on Monday morning after sweeping them over the weekend?

That's not going to happen.

I wonder how many of you are more Yankee fan or more Red Sox hater. You'd take more joy in seeing the Sox fail than the Yankees succeed. It's pathetic.

There are actually no Yankees fans who feel that way. The big brother is never jealous of the little brother my friend.

I see the Sox as a source of great amusement.

There are actually no Yankees fans who feel that way. The big brother is never jealous of the little brother my friend.

I see the Sox as a source of great amusement.

Then why all of the posts about the Red Sox and their struggles and not the Yankees and how well they have done this season? Keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night.

Then why all of the posts about the Red Sox and their struggles and not the Yankees and how well they have done this season? Keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night.

Mainly because we heard all preseason about how great this Red Sox team was and we find it funny that they are now in serious danger of missing the postseason altogether.

Knowing that it drives you absolutely crazy doesn't hurt either. :winking0001:

No, I'm pretty sure that's a fair ball everywhere else.

Why don't you pay attention to your own team, Sally.

Why?

Because there is nothing better than seeing the Sawx blow an 11 game lead in September

Well, a 14.5 game in 78 was fun, but I was far too young to really enjoy it

Well, I don't know about you, but I guess since all of heard is how the Yankees pitching isn't good enough to go anywhere that they are irrelevant.

Well, I don't know about you, but I guess since all of heard is how the Yankees pitching isn't good enough to go anywhere that they are irrelevant.

I don't think their pitching is all that good and I think they have gotten very lucky with Colon and Garcia. Outside of CC who do you trust in the postseason? Nova has been good but he is unproven. Burnett is terrible. Hughes has been okay but do you trust him? I've never said the Yankees are irrelevant. Their line up is good to mask some of their pitching.

Archived