Revised Yankees Magic Number Thread

Bob

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to be playing like sh1t, and the team that is trying to catch you play even worse

Even if the Sawx get in, it's one and done

It's nice to be playing terrible baseball and the team you're trying to catch can't take advantage.

Even if the Yanks get in, it's one and done.

Wow. Crazy how it works both ways. Also crazy how it went from Sox are done to even if they get in. No wonder you didn't take the bet, Sally.

I don't think their pitching is all that good and I think they have gotten very lucky with Colon and Garcia. Outside of CC who do you trust in the postseason? Nova has been good but he is unproven. Burnett is terrible. Hughes has been okay but do you trust him? I've never said the Yankees are irrelevant. Their line up is good to mask some of their pitching.

1. I trust Nova.

2. I don't have to trust them. They just have to win. I trust the lineup and the pen to cover any deficiencies.

Unless the Yankees crap the bed against the Rays, both the Sox and Yanks will make the playoffs and both have stiff first round match ups against the Tigers and the Rangers. The AL is up for grabs for sure.

How can you say the Sawx will make the playoffs

You have Wake going against Price, so you'll be up just 2 tomorrow night

Because they play the Yankees and Os the last 10 games and the magic number is 9. The numbers are in the Sox favor. Are you that big a homer you can't just admit the Sox are more than likely going to make it?

JonE we all know you are a bandwagon Skank fan.

At least look at the schedule and know your team's schedule and the implications of it.

The Sox have 7 of 10 games with the Orioles.

The Yanks have 7 of 10 with the Rays.

The Sox will be no worse than 2 games up on the Rays with a schedule that heavily favors them.

The Yankees still need to play. They do not have to do much more than .500, but they do have to do that and when they do it hurts the Rays.

Calling JonE a bandwagon Yankees fan is ridiculous. The Sux fans are right, however, in the idea that the Sux will probably get the wildcard with a lot of help from the Yankees.

The Sox also play the Yankees three more games in Yankee stadium where the Yankees are 0-6 this season against the Red Sox. The Sox control their own destiny. Don't get it twisted, Bob. The Sox will take care of business on their own.

:huh:

Um, the Sox win they are in.

Problem though. THEY AIN'T WINNING

And they're not just gonna turn it on....they are not hitting

Getting Gonzo was solid, but they basically ruined Youk by moving him to 3rd

And as it is, Crawford has been a huge bust. They would have been better off keeping Beltre and Martinez

And as it is, Crawford has been a huge bust. They would have been better off keeping Beltre and Martinez

I remember when people said they were done at 2 and 10. I'm pretty sure they will be fine.

Crawford has been a bust but Martinez is not a catcher anymore and they already have a DH. It is way too early to judge those moves.

10 games left. It will be interesting but I think this is much ado about nothing.

True on most of your points. Getting Gonzo is worth more than keeping Beltre/Martinez. Even if Youk becomes JAG. I am guessing he is more injury than a headcase because of the switch.

It might be false hope, but the Sox can turn it on like they did in April when they started 2-10 and could, not hit, pitch or field.

They might blow it. They might back in or they might win it all.

The Yankees basically control the destiny for the Red Sox. Lots of games left against the Ray and Sox for the Bombers. I think you will see some strategic resting of players!

Meh.

The Yankees only control the Sox destiny if the Sox continue to suck a$$.

It is not like the Yanks can afford to allow the Rays to sweep this 4 game series. The Rays have favorable pitching match-ups in 3 of 4.

The Yanks are close, but they are not to the point where they can start lining up their post season rotation.

True on most of your points. Getting Gonzo is worth more than keeping Beltre/Martinez. Even if Youk becomes JAG. I am guessing he is more injury than a headcase because of the switch.

It might be false hope, but the Sox can turn it on like they did in April when they started 2-10 and could, not hit, pitch or field.

They might blow it. They might back in or they might win it all.

Serious talk

I absolutely think the Sawx can turn it around, and the Orioles can cure all

BUT

Lester is not pitching well at all. Not sure why, but he has given up something like 11 runs his last 2 starts. And Beckett is having a great year, but even he can't win them all

The Sawx are no different than the Yanks...Only that the Yanks pen is a weapon....And that's our only saving grace. Just need the starters go 6.. Sawx don't have that luxury after losing Danks

And what if Scutaro goes down? Who plays short and 3rd? Tough spot

Serious talk

I absolutely think the Sawx can turn it around, and the Orioles can cure all

BUT

Lester is not pitching well at all. Not sure why, but he has given up something like 11 runs his last 2 starts. And Beckett is having a great year, but even he can't win them all

The Sawx are no different than the Yanks...Only that the Yanks pen is a weapon....And that's our only saving grace. Just need the starters go 6.. Sawx don't have that luxury after losing Danks

And what if Scutaro goes down? Who plays short and 3rd? Tough spot

Can you stop pissing all over my false hope? ;)

Lester has had those periods throughout his career and it is why he will likely never be on the level of Verlander. It happened early this year when he did not listen to the pitching coach and Francona came out and called him on it. It sucks even more that it is happening now. Beckett is what it is.

The Jose Iglesias era is closer than you know. Jed cannot stay healthy. Hopefully Scutaro or Youk can get or stay healthy.

Archived