Brian Bassett is a star

Maxman

Brian has been blogging on TheJetsBlog.com for years and we always appreciate all of his hard work.  But Brian has taken it to the next level and is now a TV star.  He was in the SNY studio this week and you can view his appearance here:

Congratulations to Brian, it is good to see a die-hard Jets fan get the recognition that he deserves.

If you would like to leave a comment for the World Famous Jets Blogger, please do so in our http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/101002-brian-bassett-is-a-star/.  Watch your spelling though, Brian is a very important man and we want to try and impress him.

di</img>di</img>

zTiN3jRdot0

View the full article

Was he ever a poster here? He's pretty good.

No...he has an account but he started the jets blog roughly the same time that we started JN. But he aligned with SNY and became rich and famous! He is a really cool dude though and he works his a$$ off on that site. So I am really happy for him.

I think he's JetsBlogger-I tried to recruit him here and he did sign up and maybe even made a couple of posts if I remember correctly

Yes, that is his user name here. It is an honor that an SNY personality once graced these halls!

This is typical Max-always rooting for the other guy-even if that guy could be seen as competition-that's why we all love this guy

Thanks -- but he is a good dude. He used to tailgate with us back in the Harley days. Now he has VIP Tents to tend to but we won't hold that against him! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang, as you can probably tell, it HAS been a long time since I posted here, but I did want to say THANK YOU for putting up this post! I'm honored, but if possible more embarrassed. :)

I know this is a way late reply, but that weekend I was at a sports bloggering conference in New York and so I missed it, but wanted to make sure I said thank you!

Max is my homey, so whenever I need to steal ideas .. I know I need go no further than check out what he's writing about!

(kidding!)

Hey gang, as you can probably tell, it HAS been a long time since I posted here, but I did want to say THANK YOU for putting up this post! I'm honored, but if possible more embarrassed. :)

I know this is a way late reply, but that weekend I was at a sports bloggering conference in New York and so I missed it, but wanted to make sure I said thank you!

Max is my homey, so whenever I need to steal ideas .. I know I need go no further than check out what he's writing about!

(kidding!)

Good job, you have plenty of talent in terms of talking about these Jets and football in general; keep up the hard work and focus.

Thoughts on the Jets vs Patriots game coming up this week, as well as the Bryan Thomas injury?

Thoughts on the Jets vs Patriots game coming up this week, as well as the Bryan Thomas injury?

BT might not be the best, but he's by far the team's most versatile OLB for coverage, edge-setting or pass rush. That's the real reason he's such a devastating loss - he's a decent three down player. The Jets are going to have to do their best to use multiple players in situational dependencies to replace him ... it's the best they can do ... here's a quick list of what strikes me ...

More 4-3 -- When Kris Jenkins went out the last two years, the Jets used more 4-3 to cover their tracks and ease Pouha into his now starting role. I'd see some of the same with the Jets. They'll pull a linebacker in favor of a guy like Dixon or Ropati depending on the situation.

Bart Scott -- He's looked rough in space in terms of missed tackles, but I think the Jets could use him there more ... they do time to time in pass rush situations already.

Jamaal Westerman -- I like him a lot, but I do think that athletically he's kind of limited and that's what's precipitated the Jets to make moves to find players like Taylor last year, and Maybin this year. Rex likes him, but I think that his limitations have kept him from more time on the field ... maybe they slowly work him in and see if he can become a full-timer ... we'll see.

Aaron Maybin -- I think we saw last weekend all the knocks on Maybin realized: he can't move laterally, he has insufficient counter moves, he's a straight liner. All that said, I still think he can bring something that the Jets don't have in the OLB elsewhere -- pure speed. His SCUD-like pass rush still disrupted plays for the Jets. They'll find the situations that make sense to use him and then turn him loose.

i have a problem with Mr Bassett's logic at times.

That would make two of us, then bitonti. Personality-wise, I'm more consensus builder (ENFJ) than a proper logician. Reason to me is less important than unity through discourse, so more often than not, if I'm opning, then I'm gonna go with my gut, or simply weigh both sides of the argument.

That would make two of us, then bitonti. Personality-wise, I'm more consensus builder (ENFJ) than a proper logician. Reason to me is less important than unity through discourse, so more often than not, if I'm opning, then I'm gonna go with my gut, or simply weigh both sides of the argument.

cheech_omg.gif

Damn that sounds like a Derek Jeter answer. A lot of words, I can't get mad or fight back because I don't understand it. But it sounds important. :)

How is life though Brian, now that you are a big SNY star? Do you go to Ray Lucas' house for BBQ's? :winking0001:

Archived