3-3 and Back in the Mix

Maxman

7 Oakland 4 2 0 .667 1-0-0 4-2-0 .529 .409 Wins tie break over Pittsburgh based on best win percentage in conference games.

8 Pittsburgh 4 2 0 .667 0-1-0 3-2-0 .394 .273

9 Houston 3 3 0 .500 1-0-0 3-2-0 .471 .235 Wins tie break over NY Jets based on best win percentage in conference games.

10 NY Jets 3 3 0 .500 1-1-0 2-3-0 .485 .188

start rooting against oakland, pittsburgh and houston

7 Oakland 4 2 0 .667 1-0-0 4-2-0 .529 .409 Wins tie break over Pittsburgh based on best win percentage in conference games.

9 Houston 3 3 0 .500 1-0-0 3-2-0 .471 .235 Wins tie break over NY Jets based on best win percentage in conference games.

You forgot to list the Bills and Bengals who are both 4-2.

I can't picture the Steelers or Raiders losing this week. Raiders get the Chiefs in Oakland and Steelers play an awful Cards team in Arizona. I do like the Titans at home against the Texans without both Andre Johnson and Mario Williams.

Both Bills games are huge for us. And, we still have a chance to redeem ourselves against the Pats. I am only this optimistic because my lovely wife is making a run for Freebird's burritos and my favorite IPA's. Chargers game will clarify whether we have a real chance.

Feels way too early to start rooting against anyone in particular. FWIW, I just root against any AFC team with a good record - especially those who have had consistent success, Steelers, Ravens, etc.

Feels way too early to start rooting against anyone in particular. FWIW, I just root against any AFC team with a good record - especially those who have had consistent success, Steelers, Ravens, etc.

Exactly. But it's never too early to pay close attention to the playoff picture. Especially during week 7. The season is no longer young. We only have 16 games to make a postseason run. By MLB standards, we're heading into our 152nd game of the season. Only 10 games left. These games mean a whole lot from start to finish. As of right now, we're two games back of the Patriots with 10 games to go. You're damn right I'm pulling against teams such as the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Bills, Titans, Texans, Raiders and Bengals. But at the end of the night? The only thing that matters is a Jets victory. Improve to 4-3 heading into our bye week, and we'll make a strong playoff push from there. We can't lose to this Chargers team. We can't drop to 3-4 with 4 L's against the AFC. Huge game coming up. As far as the Texans are concenred? It's foolish to feel Houston is the team to beat out of the AFC South. They're without Andre Johnson and Mario Williams. Two of their best players. That's like the Jets being without Revis and Mangold. They've gone 0-1 since they've been hurt.

Exactly. But it's never too early to pay close attention to the playoff picture. Especially during week 7. The season is no longer young. We only have 16 games to make a postseason run. By MLB standards, we're heading into our 152nd game of the season. Only 10 games left. These games mean a whole lot from start to finish. As of right now, we're two games back of the Patriots with 10 games to go. You're damn right I'm pulling against teams such as the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Bills, Titans, Texans, Raiders and Bengals. But at the end of the night? The only thing that matters is a Jets victory. Improve to 4-3 heading into our bye week, and we'll make a strong playoff push from there. We can't lose to this Chargers team. We can't drop to 3-4 with 4 L's against the AFC. Huge game coming up. As far as the Texans are concenred? It's foolish to feel Houston is the team to beat out of the AFC South. They're without Andre Johnson and Mario Williams. Two of their best players. That's like the Jets being without Revis and Mangold. They've gone 0-1 since they've been hurt.

Technically by MLB standards we would be 60.75 games into the season and through 70.875 games upon completion of game 7. However, I do agree with your overall premise that every remaining game matters, especially those divisional and conference ones.

That's my system exactly.

I see it this way:

The Jets lose Sunday and the best they will probably do is 9-7 this year. In other words, a disappointing season.

The Jets win Sunday, and they go on a good run, finishing 11-5.

Huge game this weekend.

Exactly, our schedule in the second half is not very hard. 7-2 is a very achievable record, even with the way we've been playing. This game could very well determine if we get to the playoffs or not.

Archived