Asante Samuels unhappy in Philly

Blaq218

Unhappy he was trade bait, Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel criticized management and compared the team’s front-office to people who play fantasy football.

“Couple people upstairs might not want me, but who cares. They’ve probably never played football,” Samuel said Wednesday. “It’s a business and they run it like a business and they’re going to do what they need to do. They’re playing with a lot of money, playing fantasy football, doing their thing.”

Asked if he was referring to GM Howie Roseman and president Joe Banner, Samuel replied: “Howie and Joe? I don’t know, do they fit the comment I made? “There ya go. You think they’re upstairs playing fantasy football with the owner’s money?”

Cromartie for Samuels in the offseason?

Didn't seem to bother him at all when he was the FA the Eagles were gaga over. He likes the business side of the game just fine when he's the beneficiary. 6 years $57M, half of which he'd already received prior to his being dangled in trades.

Maybe the classy thing for him to do is keep his mouth shut.

Didn't seem to bother him at all when he was the FA the Eagles were gaga over. He likes the business side of the game just fine when he's the beneficiary. 6 years $57M, half of which he'd already received prior to his being dangled in trades.

Maybe the classy thing for him to do is keep his mouth shut.

For sure, but not the profitable thing.

I don't know when his contract expires, but I think he has one more year. Why not run his mouth, and shoot his way out of town so he can renegotiate his final final big money contract.

Unlike some of you guys I would really like to have Samuels, though he isn't a perfect fit. OTOH, we already have a ton of money spent at CB and I don't want to give up anything of value for him. If circumstances make him available I certainly kick the tires, but he is a long way from being somebody we have to go after.

pass...

He can be a good CB...But we are not looking for a "superstar", we are looking for a real football player on the Defense.

Asante Samuel?? Bye bye man!!! To join in anywhere, you need to change you character first, and then you can join in the real football game.

Peace man!!!

Archived