Will you boo Shaun Ellis?

MikeJetsWord

Will you boo Shaun Ellis?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boo Shaun Ellis?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure

After a great win this week against Buffalo, I already "CAN'T WAIT" for next Sunday night against the Pats.

I will be going to the game, and I just happened to remind myself that it will be Shaun Ellis' homecoming. Personally, I really liked him when he was here and will cheer for him if/when they announce him next week. I completely understand why he is in New England right now, and can't fault him for it.

Kinda curious to see where everyone else stands..

He wanted to stay and took an amount of money that was too much to ignore to play for our division rival. I would have done the same. He should be cheered for the Pats playoff game last season if his name is mentioned. Then I hope he has the worst day in his entire career :D

After a great win this week against Buffalo, I already "CAN'T WAIT" for next Sunday night against the Pats.

I will be going to the game, and I just happened to remind myself that it will be Shaun Ellis' homecoming. Personally, I really liked him when he was here and will cheer for him if/when they announce him next week. I completely understand why he is in New England right now, and can't fault him for it.

Kinda curious to see where everyone else stands..

Awesome thread. I added a poll to it, I hope you don't mind...really curious what people think though.

If I was able to make it to the game, absolutely not. I might even cheer for the guy. He was a tough sonuvabitch and was one of our longest-serving Jets, and no one should blame him for taking more money and a starting job just because he did so with a hated rival.

No one else was lining up for Ellis' services, most notably us. He didn't factor into our plans and both sides made a business decision. He didn't say one bad word (that I can recall) about the organization while he was walking out the door either.

Anyone who boos Ellis should be booed themselves, remove their Jets gear and head for the exits.

From my couch? No.

He's been useless for them, like Can't get Open Cotch has been for Pittsburgh. I died laughing last night when the broadcaster said Pittsburgh considers Cotch like "Hines Ward 6 years ago". Yeah, if Hines Ward was slow, couldn't get separation and playing as the 5th WR on the team. Haha... I mean, its a nice thing to say and all, but its BS.

I was always a big Ellis fan and thought outside of his couple of 10+ sack Pro Bowl years where he got some credit, he was vastly underrated in his time here. I absolutely would not boo him when he came out onto the field. That said, if he ends up making a big play for the Pats during the game? Well then, that's a whole different story.

At first I put yes but when you think about it would you turn down a ridiculous offer of 5 mil for one season at this stage in Ellis' career ? Belichicks personnel decisions have been horrid the last few years and this is right up there. While I think Ellis might have felt slighted by the Jets league minimum offer, if it were not for idiot Belichick he probably would have not been signed and come back for a last season with the Jets. Either way the guy played through it all here and gave his heart and soul to this team he deserves a cheer then we beat them down like we did the Bills.

I was always a big Ellis fan and thought outside of his couple of 10+ sack Pro Bowl years where he got some credit, he was vastly underrated in his time here. I absolutely would not boo him when he came out onto the field. That said, if he ends up making a big play for the Pats during the game? Well then, that's a whole different story.

That's the only scenario where I could see booing him, but I think people would really be booing Sanchez in that situation. It's a lot more fun.

Can't blame Ellis one little bit for taking that money from the Pats. I don't care how much he made previously. At 34, he has a chance to play one more year for $1M or $4M, which is he supposed to take? He's been around the game more than long enough to understand that it's a business.

Be careful if you boo him at the stadium. He has been known to throw 300lb pieces of snow at people who piss him off.

BTW, its not like he left here for equal money. Pats* gave him a ton more than the Jets offered. He needs cash like anyone of us does and he aint gettin any younger.

Boo Klecko as a Colt, Joe as a Ram? where do you draw the line?

Archived