Rex to get fined atleast $75k

Jetsfan1015

http://espn.go.com/n...ets-source-says

The NFL is expected to fine New York Jets coach Rex Ryan between $75,000 and $100,000 for using profane language to a fan at halftime of last Sunday night's game against the New England Patriots, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell still wants to review the facts of the incident one more time before rendering a final verdict, but the fine will come in north of the $50,000 the Jets fined Ryan when he made an obscene gesture to fans at a mixed martial arts event in Miami during Super Bowl week in 2010 and will be at least $75,000.

Ryan's brief exchange with the fan was caught on video and was making the rounds last week on the Internet.

"Hey, Rex, Belichick is better than you," the fan screamed to Ryan, who was walking off the field and into the locker room tunnel with the rest of the team at MetLife Stadium.

"Shut the f--- up," Ryan yelled back to the fan, who isn't seen in the video.

Ryan apologized last Monday.

"I was emotional, it was an emotional time," Ryan said. "I obviously made a mistake. I was full of emotion and just popped off. Obviously, I know I represent the National Football League, I know I represent the Jets, and I know it was a mistake. I apologize for it.

"This is who I am ... I'm about as big a competitor as there is and, at that time, I was in no mood to hear anything, but I also understand I have to handle that better."

How about you do that, Rex is the best coach the Jets have ever had. Have some respect.

that's really not saying much unfortunately. I respect him as a defensive coach, but lets be honest, he's in over his head as a HC and will get fired like his dad, with a winning record and a bad reputation

While NFL focuses on YouTube videos how about they focus on the footage of the game being broadcast on their own channel.

If they go through the JETS/Broncos game they will find footage of 2 late hits while leading with the helmet by Von Miller on Sanchez.

I dunno why even the New York media is not talking about it ?

New rules; if the refs get emotionally moved by a partisan crowd, all that supposed important stuff about using your helmt and late hits don't matter. When Von Miller paralyzes a QB, then may be the refs will wake up. It's not why we lost, but it's amazing that the NFL gets on it's high horse about dropping your helmet and hitting late, and then drops it like Thursday.

While NFL focuses on YouTube videos how about they focus on the footage of the game being broadcast on their own channel.

If they go through the JETS/Broncos game they will find footage of 2 late hits while leading with the helmet by Von Miller on Sanchez.

I dunno why even the New York media is not talking about it ?

Whining about the Refs.

Thats rich!

Archived