Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

I can't get over this idea that the Saints offense is built around the RUNNING BACKS....or the fact that their RBs add up to being multi skilled is something special...IIRC San Diego in the 2000s had this RB who could catch 100 passes a year while running for 1000+.....I think he was key in what they did.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get over this idea that the Saints offense is built around the RUNNING BACKS....or the fact that their RBs add up to being multi skilled is something special...IIRC San Diego in the 2000s had this RB who could catch 100 passes a year while running for 1000+.

It's built around Drew Brees and the system. Have you watched the Saints this year though- Sproles and Graham made that offense scary good. Graham is a freak, and Sproles is probably the best 3rd down back in the league with his quickness.

His freakin numbers are more on pace with Lance Moores and Moore missed multiple games in the beginning of the season but when I mentioned him as a FA all the know it all Jets fans laughed how could Lance Moore possibly be better than Holmes, maybe because he does not drop passes and plays his a$$ off.

Your obsession with Lance Moore is creepy. He's a jag playing with an all time great. Its not hard to catch passes that hit your right on the numbers over and over again. Brees makes Moore look good. When the reality is, Holmes makes Sanchez look good. 90% of the catches the guy has to make are saving Sanchez from throwing an int.

That said, the reason why Moore is on pace with Holmes even after missing game is because Brees has attempted 100 more passes than Sanchez. In fact, Brees leads the league in attempts. I'd think its only natural for a WR to benefit from playing in the system like that. The dude only has 4 more catches then their back up RB. So....color me unimpressed and god I wish we could see Holmes paired with Brees. WOW!!!

Your obsession with Lance Moore is creepy. He's a jag playing with an all time great. Its not hard to catch passes that hit your right on the numbers over and over again. Brees makes Moore look good. When the reality is, Holmes makes Sanchez look good. 90% of the catches the guy has to make are saving Sanchez from throwing an int.

That said, the reason why Moore is on pace with Holmes even after missing game is because Brees has attempted 100 more passes than Sanchez. In fact, Brees leads the league in attempts. I'd think its only natural for a WR to benefit from playing in the system like that. The dude only has 4 more catches then their back up RB. So....color me unimpressed and god I wish we could see Holmes paired with Brees. WOW!!!

Did you know that well over 100 of Brees Completions are to RB's while 50 of Sanchez completions are ? There is a reason why QB's have 65 - 70 % completion rates and thats because they play in well designed offenses unlike the trash our offense plays in. Who knows maybe if we get a real OC in here things will change and Santonio will break 1000 yards for the second time in his 7 year career maybe he will even get double digit TD's and earn that 50 million he was handed for doing nothing here. Also stop exaggerating about how many great catches Holmes makes to rescue Sanchez thats a load of crap. You should watch Lance Moore play once in a while hes made some incredible catches of his own. Also I dont have an obsession with Lance Moore I just think hes a damn good receiver, hes not a number one WR either but hes a hell of a slot guy who makes a ton of big catches. Holmes is not a number 1 WR and never will be, he had 1 good year and thats it your the one with the obsession since nothing Holmes does on this football team warrants 50 million, nothing

It's built around Drew Brees and the system. Have you watched the Saints this year though- Sproles and Graham made that offense scary good. Graham is a freak, and Sproles is probably the best 3rd down back in the league with his quickness.

Nope its all the QB its all Drew Brees how could you not know this. :)

The Saints add players like Sproles and the Jets add who ? Plaxico and Mason those are wonderfull adds that a young QB can grow with. This team should have been drafting skill players the first year Sanchez came in here just like all these other teams have done with their young QB's . Instead we sign guys in their Mid to late 30's and talk up 4th and 5th round draft picks as if this is something great we have going on here. This freaking team has hd sh*t for years at the WR position and now our RB situation is even more horrible along with needs on the O-Line both starting and back up. yeah we're in freakin great shape. So even if our QB sucks wtf do we have to look forward too ?

Did you know that well over 100 of Brees Completions are to RB's while 50 of Sanchez completions are ? There is a reason why QB's have 65 - 70 % completion rates and thats because they play in well designed offenses unlike the trash our offense plays in

So whats Mark's excuse then? He's 60 of his 210 completions are passes to RB/FB's. Brees is 104 of his 323. So Brees completes a whole what 4% more to his RB's? Doesnt seem like that should have that big of a difference in your completion rating. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a math guy.

Who knows maybe if we get a real OC in here things will change and Santonio will break 1000 yards for the second time in his 7 year career maybe he will even get double digit TD's and earn that 50 million he was handed for doing nothing here. Also stop exaggerating about how many great catches Holmes makes to rescue Sanchez thats a load of crap. You should watch Lance Moore play once in a while hes made some incredible catches of his own. Also I dont have an obsession with Lance Moore I just think hes a damn good receiver, hes not a number one WR either but hes a hell of a slot guy who makes a ton of big catches.

Who knows, maybe if we had a better QB we'd see all those things too. And how dare you compare the job of Holmes and Moore. Seriously. Brees completes the 2nd highest % of his passes in the league. He makes it easy on receivers. They make a big play every now and again, Sanchez receivers make great catches almost every play. If you really think thats a load of crap, then you're in more denial than I thought.

Holmes is not a number 1 WR and never will be, he had 1 good year and thats it your the one with the obsession since nothing Holmes does on this football team warrants 50 million, nothing

We just flat out disagree on this and thats just fine.

holmes would be ridiculous in NO.. I can't believe I'm reading this.. lol

Believe it. Oh wait I forgot, teams were knocking down the door to get Holmes this offseason, so we had to fork over 50 mil to keep him. What a joke. Funny thing about those rumors, no teams ever surfaced, because no team would be stupid enough to pay this slouch 50 mil.

18 pages of nonsense. Aren't you guys tired yet?

Let's just watch the rest of the games and see what happens in the future, someone will be right.

no

Believe it. Oh wait I forgot, teams were knocking down the door to get Holmes this offseason, so we had to fork over 50 mil to keep him. What a joke. Funny thing about those rumors, no teams ever surfaced, because no team would be stupid enough to pay this slouch 50 mil.

Holmes is electric. You'll see when Manning is here next year running Schotty's offense to perfection and Holmes is in the pro bowl..

The year before coming to the Jets, Holmes was 7th in the league in yards. This year, he's 53rd.

But, the QB had nothing to do with that.

And the dude's never played in a pass happy offense. Didn't these people watch hard knocks? Guys a beast

And the dude's never played in a pass happy offense. Didn't these people watch hard knocks? Guys a beast

I mean, the year before coming to the Jets, he was the Super Bowl MVP and was 7th in the league in receiving yards. A few years before that he lead the league in YPC. But, he's not good enough for Mark Sanchez.

Honestly, the best thing you could say to defend Sanchez with regards to Holmes is that he took the money and quit. Otherwise, you're picking a guy who's never even hit the median of QB measures or offensive statistics over a Super Bowl MVP.

Archived