Matthew Mulligan

Ghost

I thought it was Keller he was fighting with. Ducasse was restraining him.

I thought it was Keller at first but then I thought Keller was actually trying to calm him down while Ducasse was holding him back. I saw a coach or assistant walking there to calm him down too and I thought it may have been him mad at a coach which is why nobody was looking to fight him. Its ridiculous for him to be mad about someone complaining about a penalty. He just has no brain on the field. Constantly losing yards for the Jets. You can basically count on him for -10 yards a game through penalties and blown assignments.

I thought it was Keller at first but then I thought Keller was actually trying to calm him down while Ducasse was holding him back. I saw a coach or assistant walking there to calm him down too and I thought it may have been him mad at a coach which is why nobody was looking to fight him. Its ridiculous for him to be mad about someone complaining about a penalty. He just has no brain on the field. Constantly losing yards for the Jets. You can basically count on him for -10 yards a game through penalties and blown assignments.

Could be. Keller looked more disgusted than fired up.

Yeah but, if we get rid of him...who's going to false start and hold all the time?

Cut him now.

He absolutely sucks.

I'm not surprised Mulligan is having trouble. He's a small school guy that is getting his first real run. I think he is getting way more reps than they wanted him to. At one point they really liked him, but that has probably worn off.

Cumberland out for the year really hurt. First, because I thought he was going to be a real weapon and second because it gives Muffagain a lot of playing time. #82 cannot block, catch, run or avoid penalties. And he is thin skinned to boot. What an all around player.

Matthew Mulligan is my least favorite, no, most hated Jet-least favorite implies that he might be in some favorite category-I hate the guy. When there was that scuffle a hand grenade could have gone off and taken out my two most hated Jets in one toss: him and Ducasse-Keller would have gone too but hey-ya take the good with the bad

Matthew Mulligan is my least favorite, no, most hated Jet-least favorite implies that he might be in some favorite category-I hate the guy. When there was that scuffle a hand grenade could have gone off and taken out my two most hated Jets in one toss: him and Ducasse-Keller would have gone too but hey-ya take the good with the bad

Letting Tanner Purdum off easy?

Cumberland out for the year really hurt. First, because I thought he was going to be a real weapon and second because it gives Muffagain a lot of playing time. #82 cannot block, catch, run or avoid penalties. And he is thin skinned to boot. What an all around player.

This - verbatim

Letting Tanner Purdum off easy?

You know my creed Dom: "Tanner Purdum is KILLING this team"

What's funny is the last time I made one of my patented threads on this there were guys who actually came to his defense-like I'm blind or something, like I don't know what I'm seeing on the football field. So many people here like to blame Schottenheimer, or Sanchez, or "the bean counter" in the front office when all along, we, the astute students of this game know where the problem truly lies and that is directly on the shoulders of one Tanner Purdum.

Nah, he's the second most hated for me. Based purely on volume, Eric Smith wins that award of most hated. I hate Mulligan now as much as I hated Smith when he was just a backup, but now that Smith is somehow a starter (how, I have no clue) he gets so many more opportunties to suck beyond belief and make me hate him. Plus the whole Mulligan situation makes it a little easier since everyone knows he sucks at everything, while there are people still out there who push this ridiculous myth that Smith is a good tackler as he whiffs on a tackle yet again or falls down at the feet of the ball carrier for no apparent reason.

Nah, he's the second most hated for me. Based purely on volume, Eric Smith wins that award of most hated. I hate Mulligan now as much as I hated Smith when he was just a backup, but now that Smith is somehow a starter (how, I have no clue) he gets so many more opportunties to suck beyond belief and make me hate him. Plus the whole Mulligan situation makes it a little easier since everyone knows he sucks at everything, while there are people still out there who push this ridiculous myth that Smith is a good tackler as he whiffs on a tackle yet again or falls down at the feet of the ball carrier for no apparent reason.

Have you noticed that Brodney pool has been playing a lot more lately? Rex uses the excuse that Eric Smith is being used too much, citing his ST's play plus being in on every defensive scheme that we'd line up in. Brodney sucks too but IS a little bit faster at least

Have you noticed that Brodney pool has been playing a lot more lately? Rex uses the excuse that Eric Smith is being used too much, citing his ST's play plus being in on every defensive scheme that we'd line up in. Brodney sucks too but IS a little bit faster at least

I have noticed and been very thankful. And besides being a little faster, Brodney doesn't trip and fall on his face 10 times a game, which is a nice bonus.

When I think about that sideline incident yesterday I keep going back to the Derrick Mason and what happened to him when HE caused dissension on the team. I hope that Mulligan is given his walking papers after the season ends-the only reason it won't happen sooner is because there's nobody else to take his place-too bad for Cumberland's injury. Ducasse could have been the blocker that they use Mulligan for if Jeff Cumberland was not injured.

Does anybody know who he was mad at-was there anything in any of today's articles?

Vlad Ducasse and Wayne Hunter, how quickly they forget!

You know my creed Dom: "Tanner Purdum is KILLING this team"

What's funny is the last time I made one of my patented threads on this there were guys who actually came to his defense-like I'm blind or something, like I don't know what I'm seeing on the football field. So many people here like to blame Schottenheimer, or Sanchez, or "the bean counter" in the front office when all along, we, the astute students of this game know where the problem truly lies and that is directly on the shoulders of one Tanner Purdum.

They just don't understand the game!

Matthew Mulligan- White.

Eric Smith- White.

Time to face facts... We need more black and hispanic players, but Mike Tannenbaum is pulling a reverse Minaya and signing too many white players. I am guessing that they are trying to get more companies, which are run by mostly white men, to buy the expensive PSL's.

I demand an investigation.

from today's paper:

MATTHEW MULLIGAN – You have to wonder how much Mulligan would be playing if fellow tight end Jeff Cumberland had not gotten hurt early this season. The Jets second tight end is getting his name called for the wrong reason every week. He committed another false start penalty Sunday, on the first play of the third quarter. How do you jump on the first play after halftime? It was his sixth penalty of the year. The TV cameras caught Mulligan yelling at someone on the Jets sideline shortly after the play. It was not clear who was the target of his outburst. This is not the first time Mulligan has had a sideline spat. In Buffalo last month, guard Brandon Moore and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer were seen yelling at Mulligan after a penalty. The Jets have committed some dumb penalties, and Mulligan is one of their biggest culprits.

Mulligan would beat Eric Smith in a foot race because Smith would fall down halfway through

You have to wonder what would happen if Mulligan was tasked with blocking Smith. Maybe it's a good thing they're on the same team because if it ever happened, it might create a paradox that would destroy the universe. How does Mulligan hold Smith while Smith simultaneously falls to the ground completely untouched?

Archived