The Search feature isn't user friendly

The search is really brutal. Posts don't show up in the index a ton and the sort by is often wrong, sorting on post time desc will often show newer posts on page 2.

This is really a critical feature for mafia forum and it's become almost impossible to use.

This is the first I am hearing of any issue with the search. We do have the full search enabled I believe so nothing is limited.

Please give a specific example of a search that doesn't work, or is out of index. I can open a ticket with IPB if needed but more than likely we can take the board offline and run a re-index on the tables (or whatever IPBs name is for that).

Thanks.

I cant sign in on my cell phone either.

You can't login to the board, but you can view it as a guest? Or is there another problem? What is the o\s? Android, iPhone etc...

Also if you can view it as a guest click this link from your phone:

Thanks.

iphone.

I just logged in on an iphone and didn't have any problems. I would recommend two things:

1. Clear your cache

2. Make sure you are using the mobile skin

If anyone else on the iphone is having problems please chime in...thanks.

The search is really brutal. Posts don't show up in the index a ton and the sort by is often wrong, sorting on post time desc will often show newer posts on page 2. This is really a critical feature for mafia forum and it's become almost impossible to use.

I just did a few searches and don't see anything not working. If you could give an example I would be happy to look\reindex as needed. Thanks.

I just did a few searches and don't see anything not working. If you could give an example I would be happy to look\reindex as needed. Thanks.

any of the mafia threads..

search by user name, filter by mafia forum, click view posts.... and sort by last date... ordering will be screwed up and posts missing

this is relatively new, it worked fine in the past

any of the mafia threads..

search by user name, filter by mafia forum, click view posts.... and sort by last date... ordering will be screwed up and posts missing

this is relatively new, it worked fine in the past

Thanks -- I will try to take a look tonight!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does the search feature work on this site at all? Never seems to for me.

It works for me, just make sure you have search section set appropriately.

Let us know if there are any issues, thanks.

I can never find anything wrong with the search feature either. If people are having problems they need to detail exactly what they are trying to do (and how they are doing it).

I can never find anything wrong with the search feature either. If people are having problems they need to detail exactly what they are trying to do (and how they are doing it).

We should just start charging for the search feature, lol.

That would solve everything. :) ...and you can have a summer nanny (for you, not for your future NFL star son).

LOL. A summer nanny would be nice. I think that will forever remain out of my price range. Oh well, have to run, time to cut the grass haha.

gallery_8303_38_24137.jpg

Hopefully this helps. As you can see in the above image, i searched for this exact thread under forums and nothing came up.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap, I completely forgot about this until I tried to use it again.

Anyways, what joe pointed out always comes up for me, if I search for Tebow for example, nothing will come up.

Crap, I completely forgot about this until I tried to use it again.

Anyways, what joe pointed out always comes up for me, if I search for Tebow for example, nothing will come up.

Are your VIP dues current?

Archived