Senator Specter defending Terell Owens rights

faba

So let me get this straight. Because Joe Namath led the Jets to a SB victory before many of us were even born, you would rather have the current Jets FO in place over the Eagles current FO. Is that what you're telling me? Please tell me it isn't, despite the fact that it would cause me to laugh uncontrollably, tell me thats not what you're saying.

Our team has 1 SB win and Iggles nada

i can't stand Herm/badway that is a fact, Lurie is also an pompous ass and he will never win a SB cause he is a cheap bastard.

Our team has 1 SB win and Iggles nada

i can't stand Herm/badway that is a fact, Lurie is also an pompous a$$ and he will never win a SB cause he is a cheap bastard.

Well me personally, I'm living in the now. And now, here, today...comparing the Eagles FO to the Jets FO is like comparing the Beatles to Spinal Tap.

Why do you continue to repeat the fact that he's cheap. Thats something I've acknowledged already (a couple of times).

In addition, you continue to say "he will never win a SB" well, in all actuality thats an opinion, I prefer dealing with facts. Actually I take that back (sort of) If he was a cheap owner whos team stunk up the joint year after year I'd agree with you. But the fact that they're regularly division champs, almost always in the playoffs, and lost a SB by less than a FG, it's foolish to assume that the Eagles will never win with him as the owner. Fact is, they have a better shot than most teams do every year.

As far as finishing 2nd or 32nd, thats all a matter of preference. If my team finished 32nd every year it would be kind of tough to continue watching, but if they finished 2nd every year at least there would be a reason to watch and have SOMETHING to be happy about. Now OF COURSE finishing #1 is the goal, but if I have to choose between being a #2 or even just a top 5 team over being the worst team in the NFL, I'd rather my team to be competitive but as I said, it's a matter of preference.

yep, and last time I looked, the owner has a pretty big vote on who fills those front offices and the cheap bastard has chosen pretty well

Lurie will never win a SB... Never write it down.

BTW who choked in last year's SB and was gagging up a hoagie?

Soupy or the man who played on a broken leg?

Lurie will never win a SB... Never write it down.

BTW who choked in last year's SB and was gagging up a hoagie?

Soupy or the man who played on a broken leg?

Hell yeah, and that one was clearly on Lurie, if he wasn't such a cheap POS he would have had an on call doctor in the huddle ready to administer IV fluids to the exhausted McNabb. Cheap prick.

Wow... this is... rather funny. I'm on AFJF's side, on this one. TO made his bed. Now he has to lie in it. Where was the outcry when the Bucs deactivated Keyshawn Johnson for the last six games of the season a couple years ago?

It's not a violation of anti-trust. TO is still under contract to the Eagles, he's just suspended. It happens. And, in the real world, they do have no-compete clauses in their contracts. While not the same as a deactivation, it's in the same ballpark. If he was cut, it'd be different, but he wasn't. He was deactivated, which means he's still a team member, but he's not with the team anymore.

Wow... this is... rather funny. I'm on AFJF's side, on this one. TO made his bed. Now he has to lie in it. Where was the outcry when the Bucs deactivated Keyshawn Johnson for the last six games of the season a couple years ago?

It's not a violation of anti-trust. TO is still under contract to the Eagles, he's just suspended. It happens. And, in the real world, they do have no-compete clauses in their contracts. While not the same as a deactivation, it's in the same ballpark. If he was cut, it'd be different, but he wasn't. He was deactivated, which means he's still a team member, but he's not with the team anymore.

Key was different, he did not lose 1 paycheck and he didn't mind going home for a paid vaca and he didn't file a grievance... Understand!!!!!!!!

His suspension is over and he either should be allowed to go back to work or be fired! It is that simple, that is what the real world is all about

Key was different, he did not lose 1 paycheck and he didn't mind going home for a paid vaca and he didn't file a grievance... Understand!!!!!!!!

His suspension is over and he either should be allowed to go back to work or be fired! It is that simple, that is what the real world is all about

How about you go cry a river? Just because you use exclamation points, doesn't make your point vaild. As a matter of fact, it makes you look like an idiot.

And no, there isn't a difference. It's the same situation.

How about you go cry a river? Just because you use exclamation points, doesn't make your point vaild. As a matter of fact, it makes you look like an idiot.

And no, there isn't a difference. It's the same situation.

Your calling me an idiot and you do not know what the F a grievance is. Pity the soul of your mother to raise such a stupid son.

1) What TO did was wrong and he paid $3m for his diarea of the mouth, he paid for his crime , now fire his ass or let him return to work, this is America not F'n Iraq. Let Ray Lewis and Kobe and Pittman and Jamal and leonard Little continue to work and look the other way!!!!!!!!!!

2) Key did same crime and was given a paid vaca and he did not want to return and he did not file a grievance. repeat after me he did not want to go back to work and Bucs did not take any $ from him.

3)Dre Bly went on National TV and did same thing as TO, and i do not see any punishment at all.

4) Lurie saw this was going to be trouble in summer and had every F'n chance to trade TO, and did not... so F Lurie and his stupidity. He will get nada for TO now.

5) it is fairly obvious that TO and DM can't stand each other and I'm sure there is much more to the story then what we are hearing. This does not excuse TO from doing what he did.

Your calling me an idiot and you do not know what the F a grievance is. Pity the soul of your mother to raise such a stupid son.

1) What TO did was wrong and he paid $3m for his diarea of the mouth, he paid for his crime , now fire his a$$ or let him return to work, this is America not F'n Iraq. Let Ray Lewis and Kobe and Pittman and Jamal and leonard Little continue to work and look the other way!!!!!!!!!!

2) Key did same crime and was given a paid vaca and he did not want to return and he did not file a grievance. repeat after me he did not want to go back to work and Bucs did not take any $ from him.

3)Dre Bly went on National TV and did same thing as TO, and i do not see any punishment at all.

4) Lurie saw this was going to be trouble in summer and had every F'n chance to trade TO, and did not... so F Lurie and his stupidity. He will get nada for TO now.

5) it is fairly obvious that TO and DM can't stand each other and I'm sure there is much more to the story then what we are hearing. This does not excuse TO from doing what he did.

Holy crap, are you ever ignorant. You just gave a laundry list of excuses for TO, but you end it with there's no excuse? Bloody hell son! If I'm dumb, then you're mentally retarded.

Dre Bly didn't do the same thing! Not only was it the first time Dre did this, he also didn't start a fist fight in the locker room! That and you have no idea what is going on in Detroit (suprise, suprise, so you really shouldn't talk about things you have no idea about. But, that's par for the course with you.

The TO thing, it's not his first thing. He still should be a 49'er. He whined his way out of there, and out of Baltimore. All this, with TO (who happens to be on your fantasy team), it's been going on for five years. That's what you don't get. This is the culmination of events. And no, he's still an Eagles employee, and they don't have to fire him. Or cut him.

Holy crap, are you ever ignorant. You just gave a laundry list of excuses for TO, but you end it with there's no excuse? Bloody hell son! If I'm dumb, then you're mentally retarded.

Dre Bly didn't do the same thing! Not only was it the first time Dre did this, he also didn't start a fist fight in the locker room! That and you have no idea what is going on in Detroit (suprise, suprise, so you really shouldn't talk about things you have no idea about. But, that's par for the course with you.

The TO thing, it's not his first thing. He still should be a 49'er. He whined his way out of there, and out of Baltimore. All this, with TO (who happens to be on your fantasy team), it's been going on for five years. That's what you don't get. This is the culmination of events. And no, he's still an Eagles employee, and they don't have to fire him. Or cut him.

1) What Bly did was the same thing as TO, he called out his QB on national TV!!!

2)How the hell do you know if TO started fight? from what i heard Douglas did, Who the F knows! Did bears suspend Kreutz for breaking his teammates jaw?

3) His Agent (david joseph) F'd up and TO should have been FA. He would have had more teams bidding on him.

4) TO did do things wrong and he was punished severely and he should be fired or allowed to go back to work. What part of this do you not understand.

5) the Iggles saw this coming in summer and should have traded his ass then, they knew rosenhaus wanted to get paid and was going to start trouble. and they also knew that TO and DM were kaput.

6) I gave no excuses for TO, he should have been punished! it seems funny to me that he was fined a total of $150.00 for all his past improprieties.

7) We live in the USA not F'n Iraq. It seems odd to me that you can banish someone for being 2 days late for an apology. Fire his ass and let him attempt to work elsewhere, he will have very few suitors who will not pay him much this year.

calling me mentally retarded is like you calling Herm a rhodes scholar.

1) What Bly did was the same thing as TO, he called out his QB on national TV!!!

2)How the hell do you know if TO started fight? from what i heard Douglas did, Who the F knows! Did bears suspend Kreutz for breaking his teammates jaw?

3) His Agent (david joseph) F'd up and TO should have been FA. He would have had more teams bidding on him.

4) TO did do things wrong and he was punished severely and he should be fired or allowed to go back to work. What part of this do you not understand.

5) the Iggles saw this coming in summer and should have traded his a$$ then, they knew rosenhaus wanted to get paid and was going to start trouble. and they also knew that TO and DM were kaput.

6) I gave no excuses for TO, he should have been punished! it seems funny to me that he was fined a total of $150.00 for all his past improprieties.

7) We live in the USA not F'n Iraq. It seems odd to me that you can banish someone for being 2 days late for an apology. Fire his a$$ and let him attempt to work elsewhere, he will have very few suitors who will not pay him much this year.

Afosomf,

I strongly disagree. Yes, this is the US, but the major sports leagues are not like the outside world. They have their own set of rules, and you cannot use normal comparisons when talking about the "normal" person and an NFL player.

TO sh*t the bed on this one. Ok, aside from him being a dick, aside from all the stuff that has been widely mentioned through the media, TO broke several strongly held rules.

One, he called out his teammate. Not only did he call out McNabb, he called out Garcia and questioned his sexuality, then tried to recant, saying he was "misquoted".

Owens pouted like a little bitch when he didn't get his contract reworked after one year, then proceeded to come up with "injuries".

When the Eagles threatened to suspend his ass, he suddenly became "well".

For these two issues alone, Owens should be suspended and prevented from palying with any other team. He not only broke the rules, he also broke the moral rules. You don't rat out your teammates, at least, not in public. The lockerroom fight is another story altogether.

By bitch with Owens is that the NFL has morals clauses. More than likely, the Eagles had these written into his deal, and he broke them. **** TO. Why should he be allowed to go to another team? He helped destroy his own club, and he purposely did this stuff to get out of his contract.

Do you seriosuly think that Rosenhaus and Ownes don't know the rules? They both know that Owens' only shot of getting the deal he wants would be to sabotage his club, making himself so unwanted and such a pain in the ass that they would have no choice but to unload him, making him free to the worst teams in the league.

How ironic of Owens to talk about Brett favre, how great he was, etc. knwoing, that at the time of his btichfest, that Green Bay was right behind Houston with the worst record in the league. Yeah, ironic my ass. He ******* planned it. He hoped the Eagles would ax his ass and set him free, giving him a shot at Green Bay, since Houston would more than liekly pas him over. Green Bay had also lost Javon Walker and Robert Ferguson, and were starved for receivers.

That he did this sh*t on purpose grinds my ****in' gears. Sit his ass down.

Oh, and by the way, in the real world, some corporations, depending on your job capacity, and the work involved, expressly reserve that you not work for their competitor upon leaving the job. Others, like the NYPD or FDNY, will ax you and you are left jobless, without any hope of getting work in those departments, or others, if you are guilty of certain crimes or actions.

This is the NFL. TO knew the rules, took a chance, and ****ed himself.

One other thing. Where did you hear that Keyshawn wanted a vacation? That is bullsh*t. He was blindsided by the suspension and had no idea it was coming until he met with Gruden and management. it was not mutual. Go to any Bucs board or google any clipping on the matter, and you will see that you are wrong.

As has TO, on many occassions, as MJ said. It's not an isolated incident. And no, it's not the same thing, showing your ignorance. You have no idea what's going on in Detroit. I do, as I live here. I don't get NY Jets radio, I get Detroit Sports Radio. It's not a Bly v Harrington thing. It's an Offense v Defense thing. TO's thing was to make himself the center of attention. He's a spoiled child.

I believe it was TO going into the locker room and asking if anyone wanted to fight. Douglas just stepped up. And, the point is, you compared Bly to TO... Bly didn't start a fist fight. And as for your other comparison of Key, he didn't start any fights either. As for Kreutz... he got fined, didn't talk about it, blowing the whole situation out of proportion, and was sincere in his apology.

And? So, it's his agents fault that TO's a crybaby? They didn't file the papers, so he shouldn't have had been a free agent. As simple as that. They've been giving TO a free ride for many years. He whined his way into free agency. He whined his way out of San Fran and Baltimore. And he whined his way out of Philly.

That his boss gets to decide when TO comes back, not you. What part of that don't you understand?

5) the Iggles saw this coming in summer and should have traded his a$$ then, they knew rosenhaus wanted to get paid and was going to start trouble. and they also knew that TO and DM were kaput.

And yet, they saw they were in the Super Bowl, and thought that TO could be professional. Go figure.

You did... you've been making excuses for him. "Well.. Bly did the same thing! Well... Keyshawn wanted it! Well... what about Olin Kreutz?" And so on.

7) We live in the USA not F'n Iraq. It seems odd to me that you can banish someone for being 2 days late for an apology. Fire his a$$ and let him attempt to work elsewhere, he will have very few suitors who will not pay him much this year.

Yeah, we live in the United States of America, which is a capitalist country. They're not going to cut him. He's suspended. Deal with it. It happens all the time in the "real" world. Happened to Todd Bertuzzi. Happens to alot of people.

And, as MJ said, sports is not like the "real" world. It has it's own set of rules. What part of that don't you understand?

No, you make Herm look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Afosomf,

I strongly disagree. Yes, this is the US, but the major sports leagues are not like the outside world. They have their own set of rules, and you cannot use normal comparisons when talking about the "normal" person and an NFL player.

TO Sh#t the bed on this one. Ok, aside from him being a d!ck, aside from all the stuff that has been widely mentioned through the media, TO broke several strongly held rules.

One, he called out his teammate. Not only did he call out McNabb, he called out Garcia and questioned his sexuality, then tried to recant, saying he was "misquoted".

Owens pouted like a little b!tch when he didn't get his contract reworked after one year, then proceeded to come up with "injuries".

When the Eagles threatened to suspend his a$$, he suddenly became "well".

For these two issues alone, Owens should be suspended and prevented from palying with any other team. He not only broke the rules, he also broke the moral rules. You don't rat out your teammates, at least, not in public. The lockerroom fight is another story altogether.

By b!tch with Owens is that the NFL has morals clauses. More than likely, the Eagles had these written into his deal, and he broke them. F#ck TO. Why should he be allowed to go to another team? He helped destroy his own club, and he purposely did this stuff to get out of his contract.

Do you seriosuly think that Rosenhaus and Ownes don't know the rules? They both know that Owens' only shot of getting the deal he wants would be to sabotage his club, making himself so unwanted and such a pain in the a$$ that they would have no choice but to unload him, making him free to the worst teams in the league.

How ironic of Owens to talk about Brett favre, how great he was, etc. knwoing, that at the time of his btichfest, that Green Bay was right behind Houston with the worst record in the league. Yeah, ironic my a$$. He farging planned it. He hoped the Eagles would ax his a$$ and set him free, giving him a shot at Green Bay, since Houston would more than liekly pas him over. Green Bay had also lost Javon Walker and Robert Ferguson, and were starved for receivers.

That he did this Sh#t on purpose grinds my ****!n' gears. Sit his a$$ down.

Oh, and by the way, in the real world, some corporations, depending on your job capacity, and the work involved, expressly reserve that you not work for their competitor upon leaving the job. Others, like the NYPD or FDNY, will ax you and you are left jobless, without any hope of getting work in those departments, or others, if you are guilty of certain crimes or actions.

This is the NFL. TO knew the rules, took a chance, and F#cked himself.

One other thing. Where did you hear that Keyshawn wanted a vacation? That is bullsh*t. He was blindsided by the suspension and had no idea it was coming until he met with Gruden and management. it was not mutual. Go to any Bucs board or google any clipping on the matter, and you will see that you are wrong.

MJ- Ask yourself a simple question? Did key file a grievance? If not why?

BTW owens wants to win a super bowl,the pack was not in any positionnto go there this year, i doubt they had any caproom as well. I think you are off base there.

I also think it is quite amusing that the "ambassador" Baby Huey had contract issues with Iggles as well and left for big contract in Jax and did not earn 1 F'n penny there. And he is calling out TO!! who by the way with all his bitching was having a pretty good year.

Archived