Jim Leonhard's season is over

Maxman

Jim Leonhard's season is over as per multiple sources.

janesports Jane McManus

Deja vu for Jets: Jim Leonard is likely out for the season with knee injury. Leonhard is an unrestricted free agent next season. #Jets

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Jim Leonhard will undergo an MRI tomorrow on his right knee. It may not be his ACL,but he will miss the rest of the season, per sources #nyj

This hurts a lot more in the 'captain of the defense' department than the talent department.

But, I've said this for a while, we've neglected this position for a very long time, and have been paying for it for a very long time.

We need a FA and at least a mid-round S this offseason.

whatever he went down last year and what happened?? we got to the championship game. Only real thing bad about this is that this was Leonards last game as a Jets. Free agent next year with a leg that was broken and now has an acl tear, pretty sure his career is over....

I think it is too early early to know about his career but he definitely hurt his earnings with this injury as he heads into free agency. Sucks...

Really sucks to hear. If Tanny doesn't get this team a MINIMUM of 2 new safeties this offseason, he should start looking for a new job. This position was already complete and utter garbage and the fact that for the second year in the row the only even slightly competent safety they have has gotten knocked out with a serious injury makes it even worse.

They will probably be using some corners there. I think that Cole, Lankster and Trufant can all play some ball. The trouble is that they have no size. Both of the safeties are big enough and okay to play strong, but neither is a ball hawk. I'll be interested to see what they do. Tracy WIlson has been active the last couple of weeks, but I have only seen him on specials. Too bad McKnight's elbow is so bad.

Archived