Game Thread: New York Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles

Maxman

The 8 and 5 New York Jets head on down to the city of brotherly love to take on the Philadelphia Eagles. With a win, the Jets will take another huge step towards the playoffs.

Tyson Rauch says a big key for the Jets is:

Ground and pound- In order for the New York Jets offense to have success on Sunday the unit must be able to effectively run the ball. Running back Shonn Greene must continue his physical style of running which will wear down the defense in addition to slowing down a very aggressive pass rush. Once the running game gets going quarterback Mark Sanchez can then take advantage by using the play action pass.

No game thread involving Philadelphia would be complete without a Rocky clip. As the Jets already know, there is no easy way out!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets finally beat this damn team. Its been 41 years since the merger and this is the only team we haven't beaten. Lets get it done.

Saw that this week, that is beyond scary. And yes it is time it came to an end.

Calvin Pace and Bart Scott aren't chasing down either Vick or McCoy, and every time DeSean Jackson and Maclin turn toward the middle of the field, they're going to be able to run a long way through those safeties. On offense, the dink-and-dunk will work for a quarter, if that, but Aso and Samuel aren't going to be afraid to press Holmes and Burress. Just bad match-ups all over the field for the Jets this game. The only way they hang is if they rush for 250 yards, which is possible.

Eagles 24

Jets 10

Calvin Pace and Bart Scott aren't chasing down either Vick or McCoy, and every time DeSean Jackson and Maclin turn toward the middle of the field, they're going to be able to run a long way through those safeties. On offense, the dink-and-dunk will work for a quarter, if that, but Aso and Samuel aren't going to be afraid to press Holmes and Burress. Just bad match-ups all over the field for the Jets this game. The only way they hang is if they rush for 250 yards, which is possible.

Eagles 24

Jets 10

If by dink and dunk you are reffering to the dumbed down offensive game plans the NYJ need to use because of Sanchez's limitations, I have to disagree.I think it can work for more than one quarter as long as he doesent throw any pick 6's and the defense keeps things close. This isnt the Steelers or the Ravens. Jets can beat these guys.

If by dink and dunk you are reffering to the dumbed down offensive game plans the NYJ need to use because of Sanchez's limitations, I have to disagree.I think it can work for more than one quarter as long as he doesent throw any pick 6's and the defense keeps things close. This isnt the Steelers or the Ravens. Jets can beat these guys.

I don't think it'll work against those two corners for very long. Samuel and Aso aren't going to panic about getting beat deep by the Jets receivers, and they're both the type to bait Sanchez into INTs if all he's doing is throwing 8-12 yard patterns. IMO.

Giants will drive stake thru Philly's heart at 1:00 with a win over Washington and eliminate Philly from playoffs. You know Philly players with be watching the scoreboard and will have no life once eliminated. Vick looked rusty and nervous in the pocket last week.

Philadelphia Eagles

Comp

Att

Yds

Pct

Y/A

Sack

YdsL

TD

Int

Rating

Michael Vick(notes)

I think Vick needs a few more games to feel comfortable in the pocket again, games he does not have. Miami rushed the ball well against Philly last week. Reggie Bush was over 100 yards with over 7yards per rush. (Philly rushed the ball 32 times for 51 yards or 1.6 yards per rush) Miami lost 2 fumbles, and 1 interception which led to points, plus a safety in the 4th quarter when the game was already over (Philly's only score in the second half).

I think our offensive line will be key in this game.. If they keep Sanchez upright, then I think the Jets will get up early. I think if the Jets get up 2 scores, Philly fans will start cheering for the Jets and booing Philly. Jets win turnover battle. Jets 34-13!

One of those games we just don't match up well in other than our running game against that spread defense the Eagle shave been using.

Only comforting thought is Rex having a history of coming up with a great defensive game plan in games we are seemingly overmatched against a opponents offense. It would be nice to knock Vick out early with those bruised ribs.

Eagles 24

Jets 10

Interesting but you are overlooking the huge advantage the Jets have in the LOS on both sides.

Jets 28

Eagles 13

Following all the games so far. Wow, too bad Cincinatti and Tenn. aren't playing better opponents because they would be getting crushed right now. They are both having terrible games. Also, LOL @ the Giants being down by double digits in the 2nd quarter despite two gift wrapped interceptions.

With Washington leading the Giants by 14 at half, can we stop complaining about our victory against Washington not being convincing enough?

With Kansas City leading the Packers at the half, can we give the Jets cred for the smackdown they laid against the Chiefs?

With Denver putting up win after win after win, can we stop whining about the Broncos game?

LETS GO JETS!

Archived