Trade Rumour in Offseason Vilma to Chargers for Rivers

Fin Fan In Cali

Hey Smizzy what's up? I just wanted to get your guys insight to this. I live in Oceanside, Ca. It's about 30 miles from San Diego. My president is a huge Chargers fan. He comes up to me today, and said have you heard the latest, I said no. The trade rumour now for the end of the season out here on the West Coast is Vilma to the Chargers for Rivers. I just thought I would share that, and see what your thoughts are, and if any you guys have heard this?

Late

I hear you now, but what are you going to do if Pennington doesn't come back in time, or healthy enough?

There are lots of other cheaper options out there, imo. Carr, Schaub, maybe a guy like Gerrard. QB is not that important of a position if you surround it with talent.

I also bring this up, because depending how the draft ends up, and who comes out, at least for sure you would get a quarterback. I don't think you guys want Jay Fieldler as your starting quarterback in case Pennington doesn't come back from the surgery at 100% or on time?

I believe Feidler signed a 1 year deal. Either way - no I do not think he will be on the roster next year. I think it will be chad, bollinger and a veteran.

WHy wouldn't we trade Vilma for RIvers

I do it everyday, and twice on SUnday

Love Vilma though!!

I hope that this is one of your jinxes...Vilma is gonna be an all pro LB one day and a fixture in the Pro Bowl. He cant miss...he has all the tools.

Rivers for all we know is the next Browning Nagle. F Him, the Chargers can keep him. Besides, all I am hearing is that Drew Brees will be out the door. Really, it doesnt matter who is throwing the ball to the "new" LT and Antonio Gates? Nobody can cover either one of those guys in all of football.

Still though, this is the Jets we are talking about! Dumber things have been done. I'm gonna hold off until training camp before buying my #51 jersey!

I hope that this is one of your jinxes...Vilma is gonna be an all pro LB one day and a fixture in the Pro Bowl. He cant miss...he has all the tools.

Rivers for all we know is the next Browning Nagle. F Him, the Chargers can keep him. Besides, all I am hearing is that Drew Brees will be out the door. Really, it doesnt matter who is throwing the ball to the "new" LT and Antonio Gates? Nobody can cover either one of those guys in all of football.

Still though, this is the Jets we are talking about! Dumber things have been done. I'm gonna hold off until training camp before buying my #51 jersey!

Bro, teh Chargers are trying to get a new stadium deal. If they were to trade Brees, and Rivers were to fall on his face, do you think the Chargers would get there stadium deal? I believe Brees is staying, and Rivers and the Chargers will be open for offers.

One of the football yakkers on ESPN threw that out on Sunday. Actually, he said the Jets should trade Vilma and a draft pick for Rivers.

As far as I know, that's where it started. I doubt it'll happen, too.

wait a minute...we have to add a draft pick to the D-ROY in order to get an unproven QB that has mechanic problems??> NO WAY JOSE

GUys

You have to give up something to get something

Granted, Vilma is a special player, but if we could secure a stud QB for the future, I think you have to do it

Everyone said Accorsi was nuts to trade for Manning......how'd that turn out?

What the hell has Rivers done to show you he's going to be a "stud" QB?

Absolutely nothing. We could be trading a future all-pro middle linebacker for Joey Harrington.

GUys

You have to give up something to get something

Granted, Vilma is a special player, but if we could secure a stud QB for the future, I think you have to do it

Everyone said Accorsi was nuts to trade for Manning......how'd that turn out?

Accorsi gave up only draft picks, which are a crap shoot anyway. I sure hope we don't give up Vilma for someone who's thrown 2 passes in the NFL.

Keep Vilma, trade down if possible to get extra draft picks, build up both lines. You can't give away young, established players when you have so many holes to fill.

Question, what if you don't do the deal, and Rivers goes else where, and play good ball, and then Chad doesn't come back from injury, then you will be stuck with Jay as your starting quarterback? I don't know, but the Jets need to protect themselves, and think about the future as far as quarterbacks go. Just ask yourself how much do you think Chad will have left in him, after all those surgeries?

Question, what if you don't do the deal, and Rivers goes else where, and play good ball, and then Chad doesn't come back from injury, then you will be stuck with Jay as your starting quarterback? I don't know, but the Jets need to protect themselves, and think about the future as far as quarterbacks go. Just ask yourself how much do you think Chad will have left in him, after all those surgeries?

Who cares what Rivers does elsewhere? If we have no lines, it doesn't matter who is back there.

Who says Phillip Rivers HAS to be our quarterback? You make it sound as if the Jets either have the option of getting Rivers or sticking with Chad and/or Fiedler with no other alternatives. If the Jets want an unproven quarterback, then they can draft one. There is absolutely no reason to send Vilma packing for someone that has played half a game.

Vilma will not be traded. The team envisions him as a potential Ray Lewis type LB for the next ten years (assuming they get a wide body to put next to D-Rob). To trade him would be idiotic, especially for a guy who has done nada, nunca, un gats in his NFL career.

Vilma will not be traded. The team envisions him as a potential Ray Lewis type LB for the next ten years (assuming they get a wide body to put next to D-Rob). To trade him would be idiotic, especially for a guy who has done nada, nunca, un gats in his NFL career.

we are talkin about the architects of the Jolley trade here.

Archived