Woody Johnson: You Need To Fire The Whole Offensive Coaching Staff

SoFlaJets

Can we fire the QB?

he should at least have competition JonE...I forsee the Jets making big splashes as soon as is possible. It will start with Schottenheimer getting the axe after we lose to Miami next week. He'll get the Mangini 3 O'clock in the morning treatment.

I think you will see the Jets bring in a capable backup next season. The regression of Sanchez is complete.

I wonder if anybody who was at the game today can tell me if the receivers are getting open. Watching the game on TV you just can't see if the receivers are getting open and Sanchez just isn't throwing to them, settling for the underneath stuff instead.

Schotty is toast, and if he isn't there better be a damn good explanation why he is still here.

The OL all around regressed this year. D-Brick and Mangold included.

I get the feeling there will be ALOT of changes in 2012.

I think you will see the Jets bring in a capable backup next season. The regression of Sanchez is complete.

I wonder if anybody who was at the game today can tell me if the receivers are getting open. Watching the game on TV you just can't see if the receivers are getting open and Sanchez just isn't throwing to them, settling for the underneath stuff instead.

Schotty is toast, and if he isn't there better be a damn good explanation why he is still here.

The OL all around regressed this year. D-Brick and Mangold included.

I get the feeling there will be ALOT of changes in 2012.

there effin' better be Shawn...Jets fans aren't as patient

Schotty has to go. If Rex wants him back then Rex has to go. We need someone who will open it up. In this league, you need to score points.

Rex has become too concerned with citing stats after every game-win or lose. The only three stats that actaully matter in the NFL are points scored, points given up and wins

Schotty has to go. If Rex wants him back then Rex has to go. We need someone who will open it up. In this league, you need to score points.

I want someone who can open it up while sticking to Groundz and Poundz. They need to blend the two to build the offense, and the team needs a good OC for the passing game.

As dbatesman hinted at, and CTM correctly guessed, you need an above average OC to play ball in this league. Right now, we don't even have average. That must change.

I want someone who can open it up while sticking to Groundz and Poundz. They need to blend the two to build the offense, and the team needs a good OC for the passing game.

As dbatesman hinted at, and CTM correctly guessed, you need an above average OC to play ball in this league. Right now, we don't even have average. That must change.

The top notch teams, gb, ne, no, pit, etc all pass to win. F ground and pound

I don't mind the system. I do mind the ******* playcalling.

Explosive plays are required in this league. The good teams can score from all parts of the field.

Look at today. We outplayed the giants in the first half yet they were winning. It took 1 play.

It was "opened up" plenty today. Our best games on offense were when we hid the QB as much as possible. Fire Schotty... Fine. The NFL is a QB league and that's where it all begins.

It's easy to blame Schott (and I usually do) but it wasn't Schott who missed wide open wr's, threw the ball late to open wr's, didn't pass protect, jumped offsides, and fumbled.

Schott owns it and he has to go because of the debacle but the players are very overrated and Sanchez was a real pile of sh*t.

50 underneath passes is not opening up, sorry.

You really want them to throw the ball around anymore then they did? Sanchez can't handle it, plain and simple. He hit plenty of DBs in the hands with what you're calling "50 underneath passes". We're better off in the wildcat.

You really want them to throw the ball around anymore then they did? Sanchez can't handle it, plain and simple. He hit plenty of DBs in the hands with what you're calling "50 underneath passes". We're better off in the wildcat.

I want then to get an offense that can strike. We have the offensive weapons. I have no way of knowing Sanchez can handle it because we never call it. I'd rather lose being aggressive.

I'm talking about the future. To be an elite team, you need an offense that is capable of a big play occasionally. If Sanchez can't do it find someone who can. I'm confident the OC is not capable.

Sanchez throws a decent ball when given time. He has his flaws too but I think a lot of it is because they have a governor on him and they make him think too much. However, I'm not sold on Sanchez either.

I want then to get an offense that can strike. We have the offensive weapons. I have no way of knowing Sanchez can handle it because we never call it. I'd rather lose being aggressive.

I'm talking about the future. To be an elite team, you need an offense that is capable of a big play occasionally. If Sanchez can't do it find someone who can. I'm confident the OC is not capable.

Sanchez throws a decent ball when given time. He has his flaws too but I think a lot of it is because they have a governor on him and they make him think too much. However, I'm not sold on Sanchez either.

I 100% agree with you on the offensive philosophy. I just see no reason to believe Sanchez can handle more. He really just doesn't do anything especially well. He's ok at a few things, but he's inaccurate, lacks poise, is horrendous under any pressure, and seems to have almost 0 grasp of the game at times.

I 100% agree with you on the offensive philosophy. I just see no reason to believe Sanchez can handle more. He really just doesn't do anything especially well. He's ok at a few things, but he's inaccurate, lacks poise, is horrendous under any pressure, and seems to have almost 0 grasp of the game at times.

You are probably right.

However, to me it looks like analysis paralysis with Sanchez. Looks like they are confusing him. Make it simple see what happens. If it doesn't work then move on.

I know it was only one pass but when Sanchez missed a wide open McKnight today I pretty much gave up on him. That is a throw that good QB's make every time and even average QB's make most of the time. Sanchez missed a wide open player on what should have been a TD - and the pass wasn't even close.

I honestly don't know what the Jets should do. Either really commit to the run / pa pass next year or they need to start over with someone else.

I know it was only one pass but when Sanchez missed a wide open McKnight today I pretty much gave up on him. That is a throw that good QB's make every time and even average QB's make most of the time. Sanchez missed a wide open player on what should have been a TD - and the pass wasn't even close.

I honestly don't know what the Jets should do. Either really commit to the run / pa pass next year or they need to start over with someone else.

I thought the same thing

One thing I was thinking about...

Maybe the reason our intermediate/deep game sucks so much is that we practice the short sh*t so much. I guarantee you that Manning probably goes deep a lot in practice which is why their deep game works so well. This team has dinked and dunked ever since Schotty got here. They need change because that sh*t isn't working.

I am totally on board with dumping BS and have been for several years. His offenses never finish high in the standings. But does not the complete lack of shots downfield, even on first down when he would have the time, indicate that Sanchez might be hiding an injury

I am totally on board with dumping BS ad have been for several years. His offenses never finish high in the standings. But does not the complete lack of shots downfield, even on first down when he would have the time, indicate that Sanchez might be hiding an injury

could be, I mean he's taken some hellacious hits all year-it's a miracle he's still standing but no, there aren't any long passes being called at all this year. If he IS hurt than it's on Rex, Tannenbaum, Woody Johnson and the rest of the O-staff to have had somebody ready to go-if not Brunnel then WTF are they paying Kevin O'Connell to do anyway? I'm rooting for Greg mcElroy to eventually take over after Sanchez gets hurt. Let's face it guys, it's the ONLY way Rex won't send sanchez out there-he has banked his whole regime on that #1 DP

could be, I mean he's taken some hellacious hits all year-it's a miracle he's still standing but no, there aren't any long passes being called at all this year. If he IS hurt than it's on Rex, Tannenbaum, Woody Johnson and the rest of the O-staff to have had somebody ready to go-if not Brunnel then WTF are they paying Kevin O'Connell to do anyway? I'm rooting for Greg mcElroy to eventually take over after Sanchez gets hurt. Let's face it guys, it's the ONLY way Rex won't send sanchez out there-he has banked his whole regime on that #1 DP

The Brunell thing really eats at me. If you want to hire a 50 year old game day babysitter let it be QB #3

The Brunell thing really eats at me. If you want to hire a 50 year old game day babysitter let it be QB #3

yea you'd think that the Jets would have learned their lesson from when Vinny went down on opening day and we were forced to watch rick Mirer

yea you'd think that the Jets would have learned their lesson from when Vinny went down on opening day and we were forced to watch rick Mirer

Not to crap on the 'Zomg everyone is incompetent but us fans" parade, but 100% of teams would see a significant dropoff going to their backup. There's not even 32 really good QBs in the league...Hell there's not even 20...I see 0 backups I lose sleep over not having.

Archived