Shotty, Sanchez or Rex to blame?

bkjetfan

well they say defensive coordinators aren't great head coaches because they lack knowledge of how to score on offense and develop a qb. they just think defense win's games which is true "back then" but not now.

Rex = great defensive coordinator, growing head coach which has to learn offense as well. as a head coach you need to be in all aspects of the game.. not just defense.. even he said he gets confused in a offensive meeting. but as a head coach you need to know your strengths and stick with it. how many times have we said, lets "ground and pound", then "lets open it up", make up your freaking mind. stick to a game plan and stay with it. what other team in the league has these issues? no one! hiring tom moore? for what? to confuse sanchez even more?

Sanchez = yes makes dumb throws, makes bad decisions some times, but do you really think he's schooled well? you got the head coach wanting to run, the oc wanting to pass, and tom moore mixing the pot up even more to confuse the shi* out of him. too many cooks in the kitchen killed the roast. i believe in sanchez for the simple fact that he's young, wants to learn, a hard worker, and has performed in big spots. but in ny of course your blamed for all your loses and you get all the credit if you win. oh yeah, he's still handcuffed after his 3rd year. with this coaching staff mixture we have now.. he will NEVER excel for the simple fact that they just wont let him.

Shotty = now this guy pisses me off, horrible play caller, i predict 80% of his calls whenever i watch the game and that's just too predictable. want to call a play downfield like 20+ yards down the field or 30+? its amazing in the giants game how you throw 59 times in a mostly 1 possession game when your suppose to be a ground and pound team. shonn greene was averaging 4.1 yards per carry and LT was averaging i think 5 yards per carry. way to throw that many times when your offensive line is struggling and you leave sanchez back there like a sitting duck. no wonder he's one of the most sacked qb's in the league. way to gameplan and ADJUST. want to try throwing past 10 yards? you do have a 6'5 receiver that can jump and has good hands against one of the worst defensive backs in the game. today was a PERFECT example of how stupid this guy is, its rediculous, the score is 20-14 giants are winning, jets have the ball at the 50 yard line about... sanchez has been off on his passes, dropping back like 50 times at this point getting murdered. the runs were averaging about 4.5 yards a carry. and this freaking guy goes 1st down, shotgun, incomplete... 2nd down, shotgun... incomplete... 3rd down, shotgun... guess what? incomplete!... seriously? is that your "crunch time play calling"?

this is a perfect example of why shotty should have got canned years ago... he's never lead a better then average offense in 6 years with the jets.

All of them, but particularly Schitty. He's next in line to be chopped anyway, and the wolves haven't gotten one since Mangini so they're pretty gd hungry.

Rex is still too conservative with the offense, and I think he has more say than people think he does.

Schottenheimer wants to build a speed offense with no speed. The speed they do have (Holmes) is relying on an unreliable thrower to get him the ball.

Sanchez just isn't good at his job.

In this order:

1-Rex-it's his team-the fault is his for keeping Schottenheimer on

2-Tannenbaum: for not improving thsi team the last 2 years. What has he done but waste two consecutive training camps chasing after cornerbacks. Revis last year and Asomugha this year. Sanchez has to try and work with all these different WR's and amazingly Holmes who we got last year is our longest tenured pass catcher (Patrick Turner is a non-factor). and

3- Shottenheimer-the guy's got to go and so does Matt Cavanaugh and Henry Ellard and Bill Callahan I'm on the fence with considering the mess the O-line has turned into.

4-Woody Johnson needs to grow a pair and fire the incompetent coaches-I'm not even so sure about Mike Pettine anymore.

What I don't get is every post game press conference we hear both Rex and Sanchez saying the same things "you can't blame Schotty, he called a great game" Really? I saw maybe 2-3 "good" games he's called all year. I don't know maybe Brian Schottenheimer has found the naked picture of Woody Johnson with a sheep on his NJ farm that Bob Sutton has had possession of all these years.

Again: the whole offensive staff has to be held accountable OC, QB coach, and Receivers coach and maybe even Bill Callahan. That's what I see..

All of them, but particularly Schitty. He's next in line to be chopped anyway, and the wolves haven't gotten one since Mangini so they're pretty gd hungry.

Rex is still too conservative with the offense, and I think he has more say than people think he does.

Schottenheimer wants to build a speed offense with no speed. The speed they do have (Holmes) is relying on an unreliable thrower to get him the ball.

THIS

Wow, been suffering 42 years with this team. We need a better running back like Martin or Jones were. We need a deep passing threat and a Q.B. that throws farther than the dam line of scrimmage. We need a new offensive coach who doesnt call the predictable run for 2 yards up the middle.Shotty must be let go. Rex needs to shut his big F'in mouth cause he couldn't back it up and its embarassing now. Offensive line needs a Chris Jenkins type or 2. Cromartie should be let go, hes cost us games.Sanchez is a big ? I'll take Peyton M for a couple of years and let Mark learn. well now I've vented a little cause I had to watch the game with my best friend( a giants fan) and will have to hear it for a while now.I think I got all my grey hair from suffering with this team all these years. I hope we get Big changes this offseason. I cant take much more of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The answer is all of the above.

After all these years, when you think that with all we have been through, we cannot be humiliated any more, the Jets come through again. Losing to better teams is one thing. Running your mouth only to shat the bed is quite another. So glad that I don't live in the NY area anymore. I get enough abuse out here in CA.

THIS

i dont understand how people still say it is conservative when we just threw it 60 times compared to 15 runs.

The QB isn't good.. The RB is below average.. The TE stinks. Line play has fallen off. I don't know what you guys expect, really..

Doesn't matter though, Schotty is 100% gone.. They may, may, keep him on long enough to interview for dolphin HC position as a courtesy (I'd imagine getting fired would hurt his chances a little) But 100% he will be gone

WE should all be wearing MJD jerseys on sunday, only hope to turn this around quick is getting Manning.. he'll cover the below avg rb, te and line

Who has the biggest role in pushing Tom Moore out these past two weeks? Is Schittenheimer Green with envy for the holidays? Moore's influence quickly left after the opening drive yesterday, and you have to wonder if there's a power play being made.

Probably an argument over when to call the momentum sapping tuck play... still a garbage rule btw, that was a fumble just like Brady's was.. once the arm is through the throwing motion it's a fumble, imo

50 passes thrown and 45 of them were 3-5 yd outs or slants. The Giants dee came in with hands up knowing the throws were all gonna be short. 1 deep pass had McKnight open but Sanchez missed him. Why not try it at least one more time? # 1 blame has to go to the play caller. My main problem with Sanchez is he should change the play at the line once in a while and the he'll with Schitty. What wil they do, bench him? big deal.

Wow, been suffering 42 years with this team. We need a better running back like Martin or Jones were. We need a deep passing threat and a Q.B. that throws farther than the dam line of scrimmage. We need a new offensive coach who doesnt call the predictable run for 2 yards up the middle.Shotty must be let go. Rex needs to shut his big F'in mouth cause he couldn't back it up and its embarassing now. Offensive line needs a Chris Jenkins type or 2. Cromartie should be let go, hes cost us games.Sanchez is a big ? I'll take Peyton M for a couple of years and let Mark learn. well now I've vented a little cause I had to watch the game with my best friend( a giants fan) and will have to hear it for a while now.I think I got all my grey hair from suffering with this team all these years. I hope we get Big changes this offseason. I cant take much more of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris Jenkins was a defensive player, dancing bear would be horrible in this offense, Schotty doesn't tell running backs to fall after 2 yards. Other than that, good post. At least you got to see them win one with Joe Willie! Welcome to JN. :)

Schotty and Rex both get the bulk of the blame, with Sanchez getting a little bit.

I dont think Rex has anything to do with the offense on game day, he's a defensive guy anyways. As a result I think it all Rex does is tell Schotty the kind of offense he wants but ultimately Schotty getting autonomy over the offense each and every week.

One of the (many) problems with Schotty is that apparently a ground and pound offense means to give up on the run as soon as possible

Two quick notes:

Yesterday Sanchez dropped back to throw a massive 68 times in regulation (59 passes, 5 sacks, 4 runs)...tied for 2nd all time in NFL history (#1 is Vinny 11 years ago to the day against the Ravens with 69 in Regulation)

And by the end of the year Sanchez will have the 2nd most drop backs of any QB in jets history (#1 also Vinny in 2000)

So much for ground and pound...

I can't wait for stupid ground and pound to actually go away. What they should have called that philosophy is "let's hide our QB because he sucks." it rolls right off the tongue.

Sandhez's pass numbers yesterday will be closer to the norm league wide in coming years IMO...EVERYTHING is set up in this league for passers to pass.

REX !!!!!

2 weeks in a row the team did not match the intensity or discipline of the opponent

this team has been humbled by every good team it faced, an has only beated also rans and scrubs

that's 100% on the HC

joe namath was right

he has them believing they are better than they are

they show up thinking they can throw their helmets on the field and win

that's 100% on the HC

Just my .02 but how about placing a lot of the blame on the WR's for the disgusting performance? How many passes went right off or through a receivers hands, or off their face mask ala Keller? How about inexcusable false starts by a WR, ala #17? How about Mr overpaid #10 with his usual drops & non descript game? Where was the separation by any of them? Where was the giving 110% effort by any of these clowns?

But it's all Sanchez fault. Peyton would have thrown for 450 yards & 5 td's with this group.

Just my .02 but how about placing a lot of the blame on the WR's for the disgusting performance? How many passes went right off or through a receivers hands, or off their face mask ala Keller? How about inexcusable false starts by a WR, ala #17? How about Mr overpaid #10 with his usual drops & non descript game? Where was the separation by any of them? Where was the giving 110% effort by any of these clowns?

But it's all Sanchez fault. Peyton would have thrown for 450 yards & 5 td's with this group.

I agree with this, and not just yesterday.

One of the announcers during the game said the Jets WR's just aren't looking back if their not prime receiver.

Not just Keller, all of them. That's coaching, and players just going through the motions if they don't think they are going to get the ball. Holmes often acts surprised when the ball comes to him.

Kris Jenkins was a defensive player, dancing bear would be horrible in this offense, Schotty doesn't tell running backs to fall after 2 yards. Other than that, good post. At least you got to see them win one with Joe Willie! Welcome to JN. :)

Agreed. It is laughable that either Martin or Jones in his respective prime would have any substantial difference on this offense, as neither were of the make-something-out-of-nothing types or burners. Martin was a better receiver than either of those two (by far), and both Martin & Jones were better blockers (at the time when they were each more experienced than Greene). But in terms of pure running - particularly running up the gut - frankly we're as likely to be better off with someone like Greene who can at least push a pile in a way neither of those two were capable of. Those two were also less susceptible to injury, but that's probably due more to their running styles than anything else. We saw how much better off we were with Jones when Greene got injured in the playoffs. Jones moved back into the primary role and our offense disappeared.

The ground game lull is due to a variety of things, but the lack of having Martin or Jones doesn't measure on the scale. With the OC's Martin had throughout his entire career here and in NE, he would have been fed the ball 30x in a game like yesterday's.

Schotty and Rex both get the bulk of the blame, with Sanchez getting a little bit.

I dont think Rex has anything to do with the offense on game day, he's a defensive guy anyways. As a result I think it all Rex does is tell Schotty the kind of offense he wants but ultimately Schotty getting autonomy over the offense each and every week.

One of the (many) problems with Schotty is that apparently a ground and pound offense means to give up on the run as soon as possible

Two quick notes:

Yesterday Sanchez dropped back to throw a massive 68 times in regulation (59 passes, 5 sacks, 4 runs)...tied for 2nd all time in NFL history (#1 is Vinny 11 years ago to the day against the Ravens with 69 in Regulation)

And by the end of the year Sanchez will have the 2nd most drop backs of any QB in jets history (#1 also Vinny in 2000)

So much for ground and pound...

Yep. It was a disgrace.

I have to blame Shottenheimer on this one. Sanchez attempted 59 throws in one game & no running plan because your coordinator ran scared?

Yeah, it's the QB & the Offensive Line's fault....

...Right!

The problem with all of this is Woody, Rex & Tannenbaum are not going to get rid of someone who just extended their contract.

and so for the next 2 additional years we are stuck with an "O" that even if Payton Manning was our QB, we would be in the same pickle!

He's doing to us exactly what he did to his dad's Chargers back in the day - Putting us in neutral with the blinders on! :character0181:

I have to blame Shottenheimer on this one. Sanchez attempted 59 throws in one game & no running plan because your coordinator ran scared?

Yeah, it's the QB & the Offensive Line's fault....

...Right!

The problem with all of this is Woody, Rex & Tannenbaum are not going to get rid of someone who just extended their contract.

and so for the next 2 additional years we are stuck with an "O" that even if Payton Manning was our QB, we would be in the same pickle!

He's doing to us exactly what he did to his dad's Chargers back in the day - Putting us in neutral with the blinders on! :character0181:

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Sanchez will get all of the blame, & nothing will be done about replacing the genius OC, the elite WR's, or the Hall of Fame OL coach. The whole thing needs to be blown up, but there may only be one scaoegoat.

i doubt rex was in schitty's ear telling him to throiw 64 times.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Sanchez will get all of the blame, & nothing will be done about replacing the genius OC, the elite WR's, or the Hall of Fame OL coach. The whole thing needs to be blown up, but there may only be one scaoegoat.

like i said before the season,brian is gone.either to greener pastures or fired.but this was the last year of schitty ball

i doubt rex was in schitty's ear telling him to throiw 64 times.

Keep coming back to this-

With 5:09 left in the 4th, the Jets, down only 6 and possessing all 3 timeouts, had 1st and 10 at midfield. They proceeded to run 2 incomplete passes both out of the shotgun followed 3rd shotgun pass attempt by a sack. Simply it was this single worst piece of playcalling I have ever seen, whcih under Schitty is saying something.Given Sanchez's total ineffectiveness and also that the jets had some success running the bal it made no sense. And I write this as a someone who thinks the awfulness of Jets' passing attack(be that the fault of Sanchez, the OL, the WRs, the OC) is the reason this team sucks. They had a chance to win despite the messes they had blundered into all day. Get 3 or 4 1st downs and a TD there and you win. And they managed to screw that up too.

That is a coaching disaster.And why in that situation is the Ground and Pound Head Coach not screaming into his headset at his OC to run the ball?

All three. Rex and Schottenheimer for allowing Sanchez to throw 59 times despite the Giants having a poor run defense. Sanchez for getting the opportunity to throw 59 times and only mustering 14 points of offense.

It's the blind leading the blind leading the blind when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

Keep coming back to this-

With 5:09 left in the 4th, the Jets, down only 6 and possessing all 3 timeouts, had 1st and 10 at midfield. They proceeded to run 2 incomplete passes both out of the shotgun followed 3rd shotgun pass attempt by a sack. Simply it was this single worst piece of playcalling I have ever seen, whcih under Schitty is saying something.Given Sanchez's total ineffectiveness and also that the jets had some success running the bal it made no sense. And I write this as a someone who thinks the awfulness of Jets' passing attack(be that the fault of Sanchez, the OL, the WRs, the OC) is the reason this team sucks. They had a chance to win despite the messes they had blundered into all day. Get 3 or 4 1st downs and a TD there and you win. And they managed to screw that up too.

That is a coaching disaster.And why in that situation is the Ground and Pound Head Coach not screaming into his headset at his OC to run the ball?

see, but that's the same set a lot of the fluffers will tell you sanchez should be in constantly, cause he's soo bad a$$ at it.. THat's what you'd do with Rodgers, BRady, Brees, Roth, Ryan, Stafford, etc in that spot.... Thinking those calls were atrocious (which i do), it also kind of an admission of Cantchez no being very good

What games are you guys watching? Jets are not a very good running team.

The ground and pound offense only works when you have the proper Oline. Jets run game this year has been average at best, mostly due to average run blocking.

Blame the coaching staff for making terrible roster decisions (Hunter for Woody, Mulligan for Hartsock, Ducasse).

i dont understand how people still say it is conservative when we just threw it 60 times compared to 15 runs.

When I was at the game, the fans around us were calling Schotty Brian "dump pass" Schottenheimer. Literally, all Sanchez did was throw 3-4 yard dump off passes to LT or Keller or Greene (who dropped the ball more often then not), even when Holmes and Plax were wide open. It's the most important game of the year, and the best game plan Schotteheimer can come up with involves throwing 30 dump passes that go nowhere? When the Jets got the ball back with 5 1/2 minutes to go in the 4th down 20-14, they ended up punting the ball in less than 90 seconds on 4th & 14. THEY COULDN'T EVEN GET ONE YARD on the most important drive of the game and the season.

Schotty definitely does have to go. I'm not saying that he's a terrible OC, but his plan simply isn't working for the Jets.

Archived