Just read this tweet..interesting

hellcat

That can't be right. Mark Sanchez's OL is horrible, which is why he's struggled all year. There's no WAY he's received the benefit of four out of his five OL playing well this year. No. Way.

Every Lineman took a step back this year despite a couple going to the Pro Bowl. The same articles that praised Moore's pass protection skills this year also listed him as one of the worst run blockers in the NFL..........keeping it real.

Run Blocking or Pass protection the OL was piss poor and completely inconsistent. If the Jets don't make the playoffs the OL should look into the mirror and they will see the reason why.

And I would love to hear Mangold stand up and say the fumble last week was on me....

Every Lineman took a step back this year despite a couple going to the Pro Bowl. The same articles that praised Moore's pass protection skills this year also listed him as one of the worst run blockers in the NFL..........keeping it real.

Did the line really take a step back? I don't think Brick, Mangold, etc just woke up one day and collectively got worse. The real culprits are Schottenheimer and Sanchez, IMO. You install a predictable pass offense and put it in the hands of a young QB who doesn't seem to see the field all that well (and holds the ball as a result), and even the best OLmen will give up sacks.

Btw, I always appreciate the cordial tone of your posts, even when you vehemently disagree. You're a credit to the board.

Most likely the Jets are going to have 1,000 yds less rushing then they had 2009.

So yeah I would say one of two things

The OL is not blocking and opening holes the way they used to.

Schotty is a pass happy douche who wants to throw the ball no matter what.

Sanchez sucks at handing the ball off as well.

D'Brick has not had his best year. He was owned by Andre Carter in the second Pats game and has been beaten on several other occasions this year.

Slauson is Slauson.

It is not all on the line though. QB has to take the hit (pardon the pun) as well.

Most likely the Jets are going to have 1,000 yds less rushing then they had 2009.

So yeah I would say one of two things

The OL is not blocking and opening holes the way they used to.

Schotty is a pass happy douche who wants to throw the ball no matter what.

Sanchez sucks at handing the ball off as well.

D'Brick has not had his best year. He was owned by Andre Carter in the second Pats game and has been beaten on several other occasions this year.

Slauson is Slauson.

It is not all on the line though. QB has to take the hit (pardon the pun) as well.

I swear that a lot of the rushing yards failure is because Shonn Greene has gotten slower-and fatter-watching him try to turn the corner this year is like watching a dump truck full of gravel try to do the same at 40 MPH. I believe that Joe McKnight should be the starting back with Green playing the role he played the previous two years when he was used sparingly and then brought out as a secret weapon late in the year.

I see that LaDanian says he wants to come back-well that ain't gonna happen after Schottenheimer finally (and hopefully) gets the axe. He's Brian's boy and is pretty much done IMO. The Jets need to draft another RB or pick up a FA vet-who, I have no idea. Bilal Powell looks too small, light and not powerful enough for the pro game.

That can't be right. Mark Sanchez's OL is horrible, which is why he's struggled all year. There's no WAY he's received the benefit of four out of his five OL playing well this year. No. Way.

Wayne Hunter has given up 22 sacks this year. Last year, the whole OLine gave up 27.

A good % of the starting NFL QBs have been sacked > 30 times just like little Marky mouse has. (see Aaron Rodgers)

I would also add that probably 1/3 of his sacks were his own fault.

ORLY?

Moore hasn't given up a sack. Hunter has given up 22. Rest of Oline have each averaged giving up 5.

So, really, 1/3 is Sanchez' fault?

How about I do it like Seseme Street?

LT -- 5 sacks avg

LG -- 5 sacks avg

C -- 5 sacks avg

RT -- 22 sacks

One of these kids is not like the other. One of these kids ...

ORLY?

Moore hasn't given up a sack. Hunter has given up 22. Rest of Oline have each averaged giving up 5.

So, really, 1/3 is Sanchez' fault?

How about I do it like Seseme Street?

LT -- 5 sacks avg

LG -- 5 sacks avg

C -- 5 sacks avg

RT -- 22 sacks

One of these kids is not like the other. One of these kids ...

Do you actually feel clever after that post?

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Brick sucks...never have liked his game

And when if/when his pas protection breaks down, what good is he anyway. His run blocking is a liability. He's lucky he has one tough SOB next to him doing some road grading. Right now, Slauson is our 2nd best lineman behind Mangold

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Brick sucks...never have liked his game

And when if/when his pas protection breaks down, what good is he anyway. His run blocking is a liability. He's lucky he has one tough SOB next to him doing some road grading. Right now, Slauson is our 2nd best lineman behind Mangold

Slauson won't be starting here in two years. The only reason he starts now is by default. He's completely immobile and gives up a free run at Sanchez at least once a game.

Did the line really take a step back? I don't think Brick, Mangold, etc just woke up one day and collectively got worse. The real culprits are Schottenheimer and Sanchez, IMO. You install a predictable pass offense and put it in the hands of a young QB who doesn't seem to see the field all that well (and holds the ball as a result), and even the best OLmen will give up sacks.

Btw, I always appreciate the cordial tone of your posts, even when you vehemently disagree. You're a credit to the board.

I just think the seeing the field issue is a reult of the beatings he has taken beginning from the Balt game. I could be wrong and I do appreciate your comments and never intend to come off as disresepectful when disagreeing. We're all for the most part just talking football. My main beef is giving up on a QB in year three.

Now if no improvement is shown next year then yes, I think we need to look elsewhere. I also naturally would be open to Brees or Manning if that option was open this off season as I am not opposed to getting a elite QB. Keep in mind though when wanting to axe Sanchez at this point in his career that not too many FO's went gaga over Brees when he was last available early in his career. I believe Miami passed over him for Culpepper.

Archived