Callahan not renewing contract with jets after this year

harts724

This can be seen 1 of two ways:

1: this is a power play to force the Jets into giving him a bigger role than OL coach/Asst. HC-like offensive coordinator/ Asst. HC or

2: He and his agent are thgrowing his name into the hat for one of the 8 or so head coaching jobs that will be opening up next month.

When you think about it it's a smart move and he does have some leverage. How many of the names out there HAVE actually brought their team to a Super Bowl? This is excluding the analysts on NFLN and ESPN who are happy where they're at-like Cowher, Gruden and Billick

1: this is a power play to force the Jets into giving him a bigger role than OL coach/Asst. HC-like offensive coordinator/ Asst. HC or

2: He and his agent are thgrowing his name into the hat for one of the 8 or so head coaching jobs that will be opening up next month.

When you think about it it's a smart move and he does have some leverage. How many of the names out there HAVE actually brought their team to a Super Bowl? This is excluding the analysts on NFLN and ESPN who are happy where they're at-like Cowher, Gruden and Billick

Yeah but how many HC have taken 2 teams to a SB? 5? 6?

Agree with your point #2

At least Callahan has had a job, Billick and Fassel must have herpes or somethin

I'll go with all of the above.

If the Jets are considering dumping Schotty, this would be a squeeze play. I'm sure the Jets don't want to bring in a whole new system, and language for Sanchez to learn, Moore is to old, and the QB coach sucks.

Could also be he's not happy with what ever Moore's now role on the team is.

This might get interesting

I don't understand this post or who you're referring to JiF

You said, its a smart move, how many coaches available have actually brought their team to a SB.

The list of HC's to have taken 2 different teams to a SB is slim. Parcells, Holmgren, Vermeil, Shula...I honestly cant think of anymore.

You said, its a smart move, how many coaches available have actually brought their team to a SB.

The list of HC's to have taken 2 different teams to a SB is slim. Parcells, Holmgren, Vermeil, Shula...I honestly cant think of anymore.

Dan Reeves is the other...

With the limited number of SBs that have taken place, coupled with the number of high profile SB coaches who switch teams, this is actually a pretty good percentage.

Conspiracy theory: maybe out of professional consideration, Rex has tipped Callahan off the Schotty is going to be out and Callahan isn't a candidate to replace him. Gives Callahan a few weeks to wash his hands of the mess.

Hmmm...as a tinfoil hat wearer I kind of like this-does make a lot of sense...can you see Norv perhaps TS?

Dan Reeves is the other...

Yep. Falcons/Broncos.

With the limited number of SBs that have taken place, coupled with the number of high profile SB coaches who switch teams, this is actually a pretty good percentage.

I'm not a math guy...I guess you would have to look at the SB winning coaches that have gone onto coach other teams to figure it out.

Hmmm...as a tinfoil hat wearer I kind of like this-does make a lot of sense...can you see Norv perhaps TS?

IMO, he's the perfect guy. If Rex is going to continue treating the offense like it's a foreign country, he'd be best served giving it to a guy with HC experience who can work autonomously.

Conspiracy theory: maybe out of professional consideration, Rex has tipped Callahan off the Schotty is going to be out and Callahan isn't a candidate to replace him. Gives Callahan a few weeks to wash his hands of the mess.

Even worst.

Rex has tipped Callahan that Schotty WILL be back

So has anyone gotten official word on how this affects the Schottenheimer situation?

I think everything should come back to how the Jets deal with Schottenheimer later. I ate some bad broccoli today. How do you make salty broccoli? Bad broccoli design and plans, that's how.

Oooops Well either way he should be the OC as of Monday morning. Give him a raise, the position and the 1st rounder to spend as he likes.

I'd prefer someone outside the org myself. Fire the entire offensive coaching staff & let the new guy hire his own assistants. I've soured on Cally myself after the poor line play. Plus it would be better to have a total fresh start on O. As others have said, a guy like Turner with HC experience would be great since rex is clueless on O.

Archived