Bye Bye Schottenheimer Contest

Maxman

It is contest time JetNation. We are pretty confident that Brian Schottenheimer won't be with the Jets next season so we want you to look into your crystal ball and tell us what you see. We will keep it simple so you just need to:

1. Post in this thread and pick the date that the Jets will announce that Brian Schottenheimer won't be with the team next season.
  2. Feel free to add your favorite Schotty memory to your post as well (optional).

What Do I Win?

The winner will receive a New York Jets hat which has been autographed by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. If multiple people select the winning day, they will be entered into a random drawing so the winner can be determined.

When Does This Contest End?

This contest will end when Schotty's replacement has been named or 30 days after the Jets season ends. If no announcement has been made within 30 days of the Jets season ending, a random winner will be selected from all the entries.

Why Do We Think Schotty Won't Be Back?

If you really need an answer to that question, please let us know so that we can delete your account. :)

What If Schotty's Friends Read This And Tell Him About It?

Brian we just want to say that although we are parting ways, it isn't you...it is us. It just didn't work out but this is in no way a reflection of your coaching ability. You are an excellent coach, we are just going to take some time to find ourselves. More specifically we are going to try and find the end zone. Good luck in the future -- Signed, JetNation

Edit: Only one entry per poster. If you make multiple posts, only the 1st will be considered. Edited posts will be discarded. Thanks and good luck!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is contest time JetNation. We are pretty confident that Brian Schottenheimer won't be with the Jets next season so we want you to look into your crystal ball and tell us what you see. We will keep it simple so you just need to:

1. Post in this thread and pick the date that the Jets will announce that Brian Schottenheimer won't be with the team next season.
  2. Feel free to add your favorite Schotty memory to your post as well (optional).

What Do I Win?

The winner will receive a New York Jets hat which has been autographed by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. If multiple people select the winning day, they will be entered into a random drawing so the winner can be determined.

Why Do We Think Schotty Won't Be Back?

If you really need an answer to that question, please let us know so that we can delete your account. :)

Easy. 1/2/12

Edit: My favorite memory, or memories: Tie between all of the end arounds, as well as always lining the FB up at WR, only to motion them into the backfield, only to run up the gut. Every. Time.

To those that don't have an account, you can use your existing Facebook or Twitter accounts. Just click on Register and you will see the option.

You know you want to win the autographed hat and tell your friends you made the winning prediction. :)

My prediction does not fall within the contest paramaters, but I'll give it to you anyway. Schotty will be retained and kept on as Offensive Coordinator, Next season when we face either the 49ers, or the loser of the AFC North Pitt, or Baltimore, which ever game comes first, the Jets offense will look like it did against the Ravens this year, and then Schotty will finally be stripped of his play calling duties, that Monday, or Tuesday, (depending on if its a Monday night game or not) the play calling duties will be handed to Tom Moore after Rex begged him and let him sleep with Mrs. Ryan, to which Moore finally agreed. Schotty won't be fired but demoted, he will then resign from his position with the Jets that same day, and we will finally be rid of Mr. Schottenheimer.

My prediction does not fall within the contest paramaters, but I'll give it to you anyway. Schotty will be retained and kept on as Offensive Coordinator, Next season when we face either the 49ers, or the loser of the AFC North Pitt, or Baltimore, which ever game comes first, the Jets offense will look like it did against the Ravens this year, and then Schotty will finally be stripped of his play calling duties, that Monday, or Tuesday, (depending on if its a Monday night game or not) the play calling duties will be handed to Tom Moore after Rex begged him and let him sleep with Mrs. Ryan, to which Moore finally agreed. Schotty won't be fired but demoted, he will then resign from his position with the Jets that same day, and we will finally be rid of Mr. Schottenheimer.

We are giving away the autographed hat even if he is kept, but if all that comes true we will send you something as well next year, lol.

We are giving away the autographed hat even if he is kept, but if all that comes true we will send you something as well next year, lol.

Thanks Max, If this comes true I'll be one pissed dude cause we would have wasted another offseason ruining any chance Mark has at succeding in this league.

I think if he isn't hired on as a head coach somewhere before(highly unlikely IMO)...it'll be the Monday after the Super Bowl. That way the Jets will have given him ample time to try and seize one of the 8 HCing jobs that will become available. That wait will have us Jets fans worried and will pretty much drive us insane, waiting....and waiting.....and waiti....and wai....and wa.....

Let's see, all the 3rd and 8's and the WR's no matter who they are or where they came from run 4 yard outs....WTF dude!

I think it will be the week after the SB (on that Monday morning). Rex's presser will go something like this:

"Well...jeeze, I'll tell ya....man that was a tough decision....Ummh yeah like a..you know....We are looking at Manning now and you know We are going in a different direction..jeeze..I'll tell you with a guy like Manning..what I'll win what 5 or 6 SB's....."

Shotty will be fired on February 7th.

Favorite moment was wonderful. Preseason 2010. Sanchez calls a TD drive for Mark Brunell. "This is easy Shotty. you suck."

You realize you can't win because the contest ends on 1/31?

I pick 1/10.

Archived