Bye Bye Schottenheimer Contest

Maxman

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gut feel is that they won't fire him, they will wait until he gets an HC job.

Schotty is right up there in the trail of guilt for this season,his play-calling stunk. But I have to put Tannenbaum at the head of the class. It's been 3 years and we still don't have a pass rusher or a safety or any leadership.

Calling it now- 1/3/12. I'll put that as my entry but I'd be surprised if they dont fire him by the end of this week. He's absurd.

My favorite (read: least favorite) memory of Schotty:

This year's Giants game: 12/24. So many things wrong with his calling:

1) Throwing the ball 60+ times? What happened to Ground and Pound? Especially with 5 mins left on the clock

2) Shonn Greene comes within 1 yard of 1000 and he doesnt let him run the ball anymore times so he can get his 1000th yard at home

3) You'd think Plaxico would want to get back at his old team. Well Schotty chooses to run minimal plays to him. I think he caught the ball once at most.

I want his head on a platter!

12/29/08.

Oh, I'm sorry, that's when he should have been. So then, how about 1/1/12 at approximately 4:15 pm?

I thought for a second this has all been a bad dream ...Shame on you.

My guess is this bitch will be back next year because the Jets are incompetent.

Today at 3 when Rex and Mike have the conference. Something tells me Shotty is going to be the head coach of the Rams.

Hmmm maybe. I think SD's AJ Smith might get the newly opened Rams GM job and if thats the case his best buddy Gruden will follow as HC

Like Dick LeBeau, Shoddy will be OC for life. He will retire via old age and ringless on March 24, 2055.

If that comes true, look me up in 2056 and I will give you $100 (not adjusted for inflation).

Here's my take:

If they fired Schotty today, they would have to pay out his contract, which is satisfying for us, but not a sound business descision. HOWEVER, IF another team like the Rams, Bucs,or Jacksonville want him we will get compensation instead of liabillity. The answers at the presser were wishy washy, and the body language showed both Mr.T and Rex were uncomfortable with those answers. Would you sell a used car and tell someone it gets sh*tty gas milage? probably not. Same scenario here. He is on the block for sure, but the Jets are looking out for their business, BOTTOM LINE. there is plenty of time to fire him later if we cannot get something good out of it. so I say he will be gone, either when he becomes a head coach, or all spots are filled. Either way I cannot see him staying on as part of this organization.You cannot cut your nose off to spite your face when it costs millions to do it. as a date I cannot say, but there is the scenario in a nutshell.

Is it "Price is Right" rules, Max? (closest without going over)

fck it.

3/3/12 at 1:32pm ET

My favorite memory of Schot-head is when we called an exclusively pass-oriented game in the rain against the Broncos anemic run defense, despite having the league-leading rushing attack. Same game Peyton Hillis ran for a thousand yards and made a name for himself.

Bye Bye Schottenheimer Contest It is contest time JetNation. We are pretty confident that Brian Schottenheimer won't be with the Jets next season so we want you to look into your crystal ball and tell us what you see. We will keep it simple so you just need to:
  1. Post in this thread and pick the date that the Jets will announce that Brian Schottenheimer won't be with the team next season.
  2. Feel free to add your favorite Schotty memory to your post as well (optional).

What Do I Win? The winner will receive a New York Jets hat which has been autographed by Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. If multiple people select the winning day, they will be entered into a random drawing so the winner can be determined. When Does This Contest End? This contest will end when Schotty's replacement has been named or 30 days after the Jets season ends. If no announcement has been made within 30 days of the Jets season ending, a random winner will be selected from all the entries. Why Do We Think Schotty Won't Be Back? If you really need an answer to that question, please let us know so that we can delete your account. <ahttp://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'> What If Schotty's Friends Read This And Tell Him About It? Brian we just want to say that although we are parting ways, it isn't you...it is us. It just didn't work out but this is in no way a reflection of your coaching ability. You are an excellent coach, we are just going to take some time to find ourselves. More specifically we are going to try and find the end zone. Good luck in the future -- Signed, JetNation Edit: Only one entry per poster. If you make multiple posts, only the 1st will be considered. Edited posts will be discarded. Thanks and good luck!

Schotty's exit will be on April 1st 2012. Please have Tanny autograph the hat to "Villain".

Thank you.

Archived