If Texans and Jets both 2-14, who gets #1 pick?

SouthernJet

Anyone know?

At beginning of year I would say we had tougher schedule, but ASSMOP makes a great point that with Pats demise and Indy undefeated, the Texans may actually own the toughest schedule now (the tiebreaker)

i think ham broke it down and showed that the jets actually hold the tiebreaker by a fairly wide margin...i could be mistaken though, and i'm sure it could change...

It all comes down to ooponents w-l record. Whichever team has the worst opponent w-l record, gets the pick.

It is too early to say who that would be, because you have to know everyones final record.

The Jets now face some teams with decent w-l records, so that hurts them.

i know, i said that in original post,,,,,,,

i was askin what is the current w/l % to date??

Surely, the Jets will hold the tiebreaker on the account of us playing the NFC South (Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa) and AFC West (Denver, KC, San Diego). The Texans non-division schedule includes the AFC North (Cincy, Pitt) and the NFC West (Seattle, nothing else.)

I think Ham is right.

Surely, the Jets will hold the tiebreaker on the account of us playing the NFC South (Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa) and AFC West (Denver, KC, San Diego). The Texans non-division schedule includes the AFC North (Cincy, Pitt) and the NFC West (Seattle, nothing else.)

I think Ham is right.

Troll-The better pick, in cases of same record, goes to teh team with the EASIER schedule

I think Ham is right.

they have the colts twice, could be 32-0

i did a little different, i projected based on YE projection. so for a game played ex balt- i used 4-12

as their final record. SJ used there current record

In either case we have a 10-12 game which will shrink

quickly given texans have easy last 5 games.

root for colts, pitt and cinn and root against car, den, atl and NE(will not be hard)

From GBN report official standings for the draft right now

PROJECTED 2006 DRAFT

1st-ROUND SELECTION ORDER

(Ed note: Projected first-round selection order for the 2006 draft

if it were held today. Opponents' W-L records are for the full

16 game schedule, not just to date.)

November 29, 2005

# Team W-L Opponents'

W-L %

1 Houston

1-10 .545

2 New York Jets 2-9 .517

3 San Francisco 2-9 .545

4 Green Bay 2-9 .551

5 Tennessee 3-8 .506

6 Arizona 3-8 .517

7 New Orleans 3-8 .523

Baltimore 3-8 .523

Miami 4-7 .472

10 Buffalo 4-7 .483

11 Cleveland 4-7 .494

Detroit 4-7

13 Oakland 4-7 .528

14 St. Louis 5-6 .477

15 Philadelphia 5-6 .528

Denver (from Washington)

5-6

17 Minnesota 6-5 .494

18 New England 6-5 .511

19 Tampa Bay 7-4 .449

20 Atlanta 7-4 .489

Pittsburgh 7-4

22 Kansas City 7-4 .506

23 New York Giants 7-4 .506

24 Dallas 7-4 523

25 San Diego 7-4 .557

Chicago 8-3

27 Carolina 8-3 .455

28 Jacksonville 8-3 .466

29 Cincinnati 8-3 .466

30 Seattle 9-2 .432

31 Denver 9-2 .494

32 Indianapolis 11-0 .443

Return to the Great Blue North Draft Report.

Strength of schedule, no?

The pick goes to the Texans. I think?

And that Ladies & gentilemen is why she is the Sexy Sports Queen of JetNation - Right on the money honey!

The Texans are No. 1 in NFL in strength of schedule; opponents have a combined 55-27 record.

You go girl!

And that Ladies & gentilemen is why she is the Sexy Sports Queen of JetNation - Right on the money honey!

The Texans are No. 1 in NFL in strength of schedule; opponents have a combined 55-27 record.

You go girl!

it goes to the team with the easiest schedule??? :shock:

Delusion is not a beautiful thing, contrary to what all Jets fans think. As a long term observer of fan behavior - I conclude that Jest fans are the most delusional of all. Sure, there are exceptions, but generally speaking - Jets fan are the most phucked- up. :lol:

Anyway, why do you all think that the Jets F.O. would do the right thing with the #1 pick anyway? History?

Delusion is not a beautiful thing, contrary to what all Jets fans think. As a long term observer of fan behavior - I conclude that Jest fans are the most delusional of all. Sure, there are exceptions, but generally speaking - Jets fan are the most phucked- up. :lol:

Anyway, why do you all think that the Jets F.O. would do the right thing with the #1 pick anyway? History?

that is a low blow Garby [-X

pats are delusional over there supposed dynasty,

you were giftwrapped your 1st SB from Walt Coleman and the third was given to you by a gagged up Soup's salesman!!! and you barely beat a Panthers team and hung on for dear life and won by a FG after Kasay kicks ball OB!!!

You go girl!

dolt, she was wrong. she thought toougher schedule gets u higher pick. texans have pick npw cause they have less wins, but the question was if we are TIED with texans, and the answer is tougher schedule HURTS you. we beat texans cause we would have easier schedule..

that is a low blow Garby [-X

pats are delusional over there supposed dynasty,

you were giftwrapped your 1st SB from Walt Coleman and the third was given to you by a gagged up Soup's salesman!!! and you barely beat a Panthers team and hung on for dear life and won by a FG after Kasay kicks ball OB!!!

Just a lame attempt at some pre-game smack. And, Assmop, as if you would not give your right arm for a SB you can actually remember by any means whatsoever. Three SB's in Four Years a Dynasty makes. Learn it, live it, love it.

Plus - the whole delusion things goes beyond the gridiron.

Hey - I hear Woody Johnson endorsed Herm Edwards as HC of the NY Football Jets for the remainder of his contract. Good luck with that.

Just a lame attempt at some pre-game smack. And, Assmop, as if you would not give your right arm for a SB you can actually remember by any means whatsoever. Three SB's in Four Years a Dynasty makes. Learn it, live it, love it.

Plus - the whole delusion things goes beyond the gridiron.

Hey - I hear Woody Johnson endorsed Herm Edwards as HC of the NY Football Jets for the remainder of his contract. Good luck with that.

another low blow!!!!!!!!!!! ouch

Does it matter if we're no 1 or no 2? Either way, chances are, we're going to get a a chance at Reggie Bush if we want it. Texans have Dominick Davis, so are in no need to draft a running back. Now whether they draft Leinart is another question. Do they go on with Carr for another year or draft Leinart and plan for the future? If the Jets want a QB at #2 they can still go after Quinn or Young (both are entering draft, yes?)

Does it matter if we're no 1 or no 2? Either way, chances are, we're going to get a a chance at Reggie Bush if we want it. Texans have Dominick Davis, so are in no need to draft a running back. Now whether they draft Leinart is another question. Do they go on with Carr for another year or draft Leinart and plan for the future? If the Jets want a QB at #2 they can still go after Quinn or Young (both are entering draft, yes?)

all articles written last feww weks in Houston are saying Texans front office has pegged Bush.

If they don't, they could very well trade the pick.

Talk in November about what front offices are saying that they will draft is all premature.

yup, agree, thats what i keep tellin people, if u dont have the #1 pick u may lose Bush even if San Diego had 1st pick with Ladamian,, the #1 team can always trade the pick like scott said,,,

to the Pats , oh no...I can hear it now,, Bush up the middle, jukes left and Abraham twists a groin reachin for him,,,

Archived