***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: JETS VS DOLPHINS***

T0mShane

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is it for him, I have to say he's changed my perception of him. Dudes a baller. Never thought I'd WANT a RB at his age back for another year, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Hope I'm wrong

He's had a very good couple of years here, and you have to appreciate that a guy who had the kind of career he did coming into here was completely willing to move into the kind of role the Jets have put him into and done a great job at it. As much as I'd like to get younger at RB, the rest of this crew is hardly trustworthy to handle the load. It would help if Greene showed himself to be capable of playing prior to November or Powell had ever had a run go longer than 2 yards.

I don't know, I'm still conflicted. If making the playoffs brings back another year of the Jets tradition of "we made the playoffs, so we must be great and don't need to make any changes", then it's not even slightly worth it.

I was in the same boat at first, but then I thought if we get by Houston we get one more crack at NE, they probably beat us 9 out of 10 times if we played this year but if that game is that one, we send them home 2 years in a row, and get another shot at the AFC championship game.

I was in the same boat at first, but then I thought if we get by Houston we get one more crack at NE, they probably beat us 9 out of 10 times if we played this year but if that game is that one, we send them home 2 years in a row, and get another shot at the AFC championship game.

Right, which is why I'm slowly easing off my desire for them not to make it, but all I can think of is if it saves the jobs of some of these incompetent fools I don't think I could handle that.

He's had a very good couple of years here, and you have to appreciate that a guy who had the kind of career he did coming into here was completely willing to move into the kind of role the Jets have put him into and done a great job at it. As much as I'd like to get younger at RB, the rest of this crew is hardly trustworthy to handle the load. It would help if Greene showed himself to be capable of playing prior to November or Powell had ever had a run go longer than 2 yards.

I do think Powell and McKnight will be better next year...though I don't have much faith in Greene.

Archived