This is about to get very bad...

nj meadowlands

i dont know why you guys want to run holmes out of town.. obviously he was a lil b@##$% yesterday... but he hates schotty as much as we do.. he's as frustrated as we are.... you should be glad your voice is being heard... i think he'll get his act together once the offense in general has its act together

I think you're absolutely right here.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because my job as a professional student is to understand exactly that. ;) Holmes's is a baby. He's an a$$hole. He's not the type of guy you want to be your captain. You can stop your thinking there, and that's fine. But, you can also think about why he's acting the way he is. I believe he's completely justified to be upset. I believe he wants to win and he wants to be involved. He got neither this year, and he's upset about it. Externalized poorly, of course. But motivation is always more important than behavior in understanding.

Well I agree with you....and if yesterday never happens, he's probably brought back zero questions asked. But when you quit on the field, that pretty much sealed his fate as a goner.

And you arent nearly condescending enough to be a pro student.

;)

Maybe not, but that's basically the endgame here. Schottenheimer may be a dunce and Holmes may be a cancer, but Sanchez is ungodly terrible and he gets to stick around and even gets a reboot on the patience and potential arguments. Nothing like a little game of character assassination to distract everyone from the fact that the team's biggest problem is the hard-working kid everybody likes.

The character assassination target brought it on himself so not sure what "game" is being played.

I look at it as Schotty has had a long enough tenure and needs to move on. Sanchez has a short leash next year but now is not the time to give up on him. Holmes is Holmes. He was great when we were a winner and a cancer as soon as things went south...as early as game two this season. He is a frontrunner and not the type of player you expect anything from leadership wise when times are tough. A cancer unfortunately with some talent.

Because my job as a professional student is to understand exactly that. ;) Holmes's is a baby. He's an a$$hole. He's not the type of guy you want to be your captain. You can stop your thinking there, and that's fine. But, you can also think about why he's acting the way he is. I believe he's completely justified to be upset. I believe he wants to win and he wants to be involved. He got neither this year, and he's upset about it. Externalized poorly, of course. But motivation is always more important than behavior in understanding.

Wasn't Pittsburgh winning yet there was appparently a problem?

They're not using him. That's the difference. The gameplan is built to generally exclude WRs.

The gameplan in Arizona is to get Larry Fitzgerald the ball, as he's their best player. The gameplan in NY is to protect the QB from making the big mistake, which means when we don't run, we check down. Think back to the last 6 weeks, we barely threw downfield at all, the protection plays a role, but not entirely.

Getting Holmes the ball in Philadelphi early in the game did not pan out so well. And then Holmes acts like he did in the endzone when his team was down big.

And coming off that performance, he decides to be a punk this week.

yeah, that is all understandable

We put this upon ourselves by not being afraid of signing character issue players with talent. This is already a mess. Holmes quitting, throwing Sanchez under the bus, and not answering when asked if he wants to be back next season, Bart Scott flipping off the media, Rex crying in the locker room. Can't wait to see what happens at the press conference today

Getting Holmes the ball in Philadelphi early in the game did not pan out so well. And then Holmes acts like he did in the endzone when his team was down big.

And coming off that performance, he decides to be a punk this week.

yeah, that is all understandable

He had a bad game. Though I do credit Philly's defense with making a nice play on that fumble. He had two men on him in an instant and one put his head on the ball, another cleared him. Sometimes the defense makes plays. Obviously the tipped INT is a **** up and the dancing on the ball was him being an a$$hole.

His late game heroics are also the reason we made the playoffs last year, and he's not the reason we're on the outside looking in of the playoffs. So, I think it's ridiculous to get rid of him.

He had a bad game. Though I do credit Philly's defense with making a nice play on that fumble. He had two men on him in an instant and one put his head on the ball, another cleared him. Sometimes the defense makes plays. Obviously the tipped INT is a **** up and the dancing on the ball was him being an a$$hole.

His late game heroics are also the reason we made the playoffs last year, and he's not the reason we're on the outside looking in of the playoffs. So, I think it's ridiculous to get rid of him.

No problem having a bad game-it happens. But then act like he did this week compounds the physical errors with being a little bitch. He is a problem and you can be sure one that will crop up again when things go bad-and they will again. Who needs that?

No problem having a bad game-it happens. But then act like he did this week compounds the physical errors with being a little bitch. He is a problem and you can be sure one that will crop up again when things go bad-and they will again. Who needs that?

I guess my point is, a team on which he's the 2nd best player on the offense needs that.

I wish we had Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. In lieu of that, we've got a guy who's pretty talented, he's proven that, who's a big ******* baby. But you know what, I'd still take it over "Mangini Guys" like Schlegal and Eric Smith.

And, of course, my overarching thesis is that most of it doesn't matter anyway because QB's win in this league. The rest is just his support staff.

I guess my point is, a team on which he's the 2nd best player on the offense needs that.

I wish we had Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. In lieu of that, we've got a guy who's pretty talented, he's proven that, who's a big ******* baby. But you know what, I'd still take it over "Mangini Guys" like Schlegal and Eric Smith.

And, of course, my overarching thesis is that most of it doesn't matter anyway because QB's win in this league. The rest is just his support staff.

why cant we have it both ways? Wouldnt you rather have talented players that dont cause problems and arent a team cancer?

All these facts do not make his actions "understandable"

Holmes being the 2nd best player on offense doesn't mean squat when the offense is bad. He is a #2 receiver in the nfl and can easily be replaced. The offense didn't magically get better once he got here and it definately won't be worse once he leaves. He may be a good player, but when the rest of the team wants nothing to do with him, you get rid of him. Rex should have had the balls to bench him and remove him from captain, but he is too worried about the players liking him and that is an issue. Holmes needs to go. Seems like the Steelers replaced Holmes just fine.

And this has nothing to do with the QB. He will not make Sanchez or any other QB brought into the jets any better. And if the Jets decide to go in another direction at QB, you don't want him anywhere near that QB.

Holmes shouldn't be talking after the game he had in Philadelphia.

TheJetsStreamManish Mehta

There was a reason why Rex Ryan was in tears at meeting with players today. One player summed up mood this year: "This place is a zoo." #nfl

Rex has no one to blame but himself.

This is what you get when the head coach acts like a buffoon and labels the selfish thugs of the team as it's leaders.

Great job, Rex.

TheJetsStreamManish Mehta

Rex Ryan & Mike Tannenbaum to address media in 10 minutes. Barring something wacky, I wouldn't anticipate OC coaching change announcement

yea I think they are waiting until after Schott does his Jax interview-probably going to be a very disappointing and PC PC

yea I think they are waiting until after Schott does his Jax interview-probably going to be a very disappointing and PC PC

I agree probably the typical Mr T we will leave no stone unturned to improve the team in any way we can speech

Archived