Post of the Week - 11/30/2005

GreenBeans

RE: Bugg's post - i find the logic to be faulty.

I saw the play Mawae got hurt and make no mistake about there's not enough conditioning in the world that can prevent an injury directly due to a 360 pound man sitting on your arm.

Herm haters will find a way to blame Herm for anything, and not for nothing but the beat writers do the same thing. Conditioning programs don't prevent fluke injuries. You got to be lucky to make it through the NFL season relatively injury free.

RE: Bugg's post - i find the logic to be faulty.

I saw the play Mawae got hurt and make no mistake about there's not enough conditioning in the world that can prevent an injury directly due to a 360 pound man sitting on your arm.

Herm haters will find a way to blame Herm for anything, and not for nothing but the beat writers do the same thing. Conditioning programs don't prevent fluke injuries. You got to be lucky to make it through the NFL season relatively injury free.

"just a sec Uncle Herm, I am postin on JN"

Most coaches take off 2 weeks after the Super Bowl and may be 2 weeks in June before they start geting the camp together. Other than those breaks, the head coach is THERE at 6AM until the facility closes.

This has become a 48-week, 6 to 7-day a week, 15 hour out, 20 hour in season, day.

Don't cry for any of'em-they're well paid.

It's pretty clear as per Randy Lange's response that conditioning has slipped. Just look a this bunch in the 4th quarter-they're always winded. Simply, when Edwards is off doing speaking engagements, he's not, like the hawk that a head coach has to be, at Hofstra. How could no one have known about Bryan Thomas a few years bacK?

It's wonderful to tell us how he's there in camp and during the season. May be nobody wins a division title between the day after the SUper Bowl and the day camp opens. But you sure as hell can lose a divsion title in that time.

Bit-

I'm as impressed as you with Robertson.This guy can be a beast, gimpy knee and all. But it's clear his conditioning this year isn't there.He can slide and get by in spurts, and he still can be effective.But he won't be the complete package until he makes that every day commitment. And if I'm an owner or GM paying these kinds of prices, I'd want to know why he isn't being prodded and worked like a dog by my gunny sgt. head coach during the conditioning program.

Who's looking at this? It isn't the guy in some ballroom in Des Moines pocketing $17,500, because he isn't there. Edwards, while not in the top coach in salary, is making good money as a coach. He doesn't have to clip coupons. He doesn't have to do this motivational speaker stuff to get by. He gets cash from "Jets 24/7", the radio,commericials that might take an afternoon to record or shoot, etc. He's by no means starving.

What are his priorities if not this team?

But it's clear his conditioning this year isn't there.He can slide and get by in spurts, and he still can be effective.But he won't be the complete package until he makes that every day commitment. And if I'm an owner or GM paying these kinds of prices, I'd want to know why he isn't being prodded and worked like a dog by my gunny sgt. head coach during the conditioning program.

Who's looking at this? It isn't the guy in some ballroom in Des Moines pocketing $17,500, because he isn't there. Edwards, while not in the top coach in salary, is making good money as a coach. He doesn't have to clip coupons. He doesn't have to do this motivational speaker stuff to get by. He gets cash from "Jets 24/7", the radio,commericials that might take an afternoon to record or shoot, etc. He's by no means starving.

What are his priorities if not this team?

Herm is the first person in the complex working out He knows his team who's working out and who isn't. He has been a player and maybe the best thing for a guy with a knee problem isn't constant working out before a season where the defense has been averaging however many minutes a game on the field as this defense. They are worked out and getting more work every week - all sort of conditioning every friggin week doing things that will literally shorten their lives every week. Maybe these guys need to work out more.

Another interpretation of Lange's comment is that Fabini has been mailing it in since the Jumbo Elliot piss sink days, among others. But the Jets work out. Working out doesn't stop injuries from happening for a 6 time all pro, president of the players assoc. because a big bastard sits on his arm. Not Mawae, Not Chad. These guys work hard. Maddox and McClover were underrated IR's for this team they would have provided depth. Maybe the reason Eric Coleman was so "good" last year was because the defense was on teh field 15 minutes less a game last year?

Most coaches take off 2 weeks after the Super Bowl and may be 2 weeks in June before they start geting the camp together. Other than those breaks, the head coach is THERE at 6AM until the facility closes.

This has become a 48-week, 6 to 7-day a week, 15 hour out, 20 hour in season, day.

Don't cry for any of'em-they're well paid.

It's pretty clear as per Randy Lange's response that conditioning has slipped. Just look a this bunch in the 4th quarter-they're always winded. Simply, when Edwards is off doing speaking engagements, he's not, like the hawk that a head coach has to be, at Hofstra. How could no one have known about Bryan Thomas a few years bacK?

Bugg - how do you explain all of the injuries the Patriots have suffered? Other than not losing Brady, the Pats have suffered as many injuries as the Jets. i think this is a case of bad luck as much as anything else.

Archived