Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez feuded in meeting led by quarterback last week

Jetfan13

I highly doubt that quote, but lets see:

holmes:

-sold drugs as a teenager

- arrested twice in two months for disorderly conduct

- threw glass in another ladies face at nightclub

- kicked off plane for disorderly conduct (ipod issue).

Yeah he's a saint who only smokes weed. Sanchez may suck, but assholes are always assholes.

Yeah Holmes is a total degenerate but he's good.

Sanchez is a nice kid but he sucks.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez had a crap year - no doubt about it. That doesn't excuse Holmes' behavior in any way, shape, or form. Are you saying because you have a co-worker that sucks you're going to start slacking off? When your boss calls you out on it you're going to say "well I've noticed Tom sucks lately so I figured I'd join him"? It's crap logic.

This. That was actually going to be my next point. I'm sure just about all of us here have at least one person we work with who aren't so fantastic at their jobs and make our own jobs that much more difficult because of it. I would be curious to see some of these people who think Holmes is justified take that as an opportunity to sit around and pout while not doing their jobs and then proceed to get into screaming arguments with their co-workers. I'm curious to see how that would work out for their continued employment.

Sanchez used to celebrate with his teammates, he used to do the fly boy over to the WR and congratulate him. He stopped doing that about 5 weeks ago, he wasnt talking to anyone on the sidelines and was acting like he was pissed off little bitch at the whole team. It was easily noticeable.

Sanchez should pay for his WR's to go to something he's organizing during their offseason. Mostly because its their offseason but also becasue he 50x worse than them and makes 50x more.

Sanchez has had a horrible career. Bad season, where the F have you been? And if my job was predicated on someone else who was absolutely and completely incapable of delivering...yeah, I'd be furious and probably looking for a new company with people who can actually produce and deliver to help me make money.

a horrible career? I thought you prided yourself on not being so reactionary. He had a bad season.

Lets see what it looks like next year at this time. I'll admit though if he looks the same next year with a new OC and QB coach it's time to move on.

Yeah Holmes is a total degenerate but he's good.

Sanchez is a nice kid but he sucks.

Name 3 good plays Holmes made this year. Don't cop out and say something silly like Sanchez couldn't get him the ball.

Larry Fitz still routinely made spectacular plays with Max Von Sydow or whoever the hell was QB in AZ last year.

That's true, i think what jiffy is saying that it's a chicken and egg thing.. and tbh, I see their point, but at the end of the day Holmes took it way to far.. so i agree with you and would ship him out if possible, with the lone exception being bringing in a guy like brees or manning who will right the offense and keep santonio happy.. (which is unlikely).. I don't think he can coexist here with Sanchez any longer

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this. I just think it's comical that some are trying to put it on Sanchez, because even if his sucking played a part in the situation getting to this point, Holmes' actions are all his own doing, and there's no defense for that. Let's not forget that Holmes being Holmes is exactly why the Jets got him for a 5th round pick to begin with.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this. I just think it's comical that some are trying to put it on Sanchez, because even if his sucking played a part in the situation getting to this point, Holmes' actions are all his own doing, and there's no defense for that. Let's not forget that Holmes being Holmes is exactly why the Jets got him for a 5th round pick to begin with.

Right, I mean, I think Holmes has a legitimate gripe with Sanchez sucking, but he clearly acted unprofessionally and was detrimental to the team

I highly doubt that quote, but lets see:

holmes:

-sold drugs as a teenager

- arrested twice in two months for disorderly conduct

- threw glass in another ladies face at nightclub

- kicked off plane for disorderly conduct (ipod issue).

Yeah he's a saint who only smokes weed. Sanchez may suck, but assholes are always assholes.

He's an a$$hole that makes play when the ball is thrown to him. He's not marrying our daughter he's here to make plays and win games.

Right, I mean, I think Holmes has a legitimate gripe with Sanchez sucking, but he clearly acted unprofessionally and was detrimental to the team

Agreed, But if we had a QB that was able to execute and get him the ball he would be a mild a$$hole like last year. Winning cures everything.

how many how many top tier wideouts do the Jets have right now? zero. Holmes is a #2 wideout, nothing more.

Both Plax and Santonio have had awesome seasons and won Superbowls with other teams(QB'S). believe they both caught game winners. Yeah it's their fault. Whatever.

Agreed, But if we had a QB that was able to execute and get him the ball he would be a mild a$$hole like last year. Winning cures everything.

Agree with that too, which is why if Sanchez stays, chances are good we won't have a QB good at execting an offense, so he'll need to go

Yeah, and when freakin' Plax of all people is the one telling you how you need to get your act together, that really speaks volumes. I have to say though, there is something delightfully karmic about him getting pulled for Patrick freakin' Turner who turns around and scores a TD for the Jets after Holmes went the entire game without a single catch.

Sanchez wasn't the one who spotted the Eagles 14 points. That was Holmes and I didn't see anyone in the locker room tripping over themselves to sh*t on him in post game interviews the way he so often does.. Sanchez sucks but Holmes is twat

Holmes is a twat and Sanchez sucks. Our team gets worse if one of them leaves. Wanna guess what one?

a horrible career? I thought you prided yourself on not being so reactionary. He had a bad season.

Lets see what it looks like next year at this time. I'll admit though if he looks the same next year with a new OC and QB coach it's time to move on.

He's had a horrible career from the perspective of being a good player. He's clearly seen some success with the team but I have a hard time saying its because of him.

He's had a horrible career from the perspective of being a good player. He's clearly seen some success with the team but I have a hard time saying its because of him.

What about Big Benjamen? Very pedestrian early career and a few abysmal post season performances (including that abortion against Seattle in the SB).

If our D came to play the first half in Pitt last year me thinks you'd be polishing Sanchez' knob.

He's an a$$hole that makes play when the ball is thrown to him. He's not marrying our daughter he's here to make plays and win games.

No one wanted Randy Moss or Terrell Owens before. I am curious to go back and look at those debates. They are also light years better than Holmes. So now why is holmes so good that he can't leave? And as someone pointed out earlier, what plays did Holmes make this year?

Name 3 good plays Holmes made this year. Don't cop out and say something silly like Sanchez couldn't get him the ball.

Larry Fitz still routinely made spectacular plays with Max Von Sydow or whoever the hell was QB in AZ last year.

He had 8 td's, same as Fitz. 3 of them were probably good plays.

Sanchez is about as good as Max Von Sydow so there you go....and Fitz is the much better player so good for Holmes I'd say.

Holmes is a twat and Sanchez sucks. Our team gets worse if one of them leaves. Wanna guess what one?

Sanchez absolutely sucks, but Holmes is far from irreplaceable. He's easily the most overrated player on the team. He's a decent player with a lot of potential, but extraordinarily inconsistent and sloppy, and that goes back to his Pittsburgh days. The guy is still living off the hype of his Super Bowl performance when the truth is, it seems every year there's another new Steelers WR doing better than Holmes ever did there. When you add what a locker room disaster he's been for the team this year, there's a very real chance the Jets could be better without him even with a less-talented replacement.

How do we know that Mark isnt a complete scumbag? I mean, all we know about the kid is that he's been accused of rape in college and he's been seen with teenagers around NYC and apparently he's a lazy pos who doesnt really like Football all that much. I mean, remember when Mark wasnt talking to anyone and was just playing a like a pissed of little kid?

What has Holmes done? Smoked some weed? Yelled at his Qb that is preventing his team from going the playoffs?

:face:

What about Big Benjamen? Very pedestrian early career and a few abysmal post season performances (including that abortion against Seattle in the SB).

If our D came to play the first half in Pitt last year me thinks you'd be polishing Sanchez' knob.

Then you havent been paying attention.

And to compare him to Big Ben is laughable. Big Ben wasnt nearly as bad as Sanchez. Do you realize how bad 62 turnovers in 47 games really is? When thats your QB, you are winning despite him. Bad bad bad in the NFL

No one wanted Randy Moss or Terrell Owens before. I am curious to go back and look at those debates. They are also light years better than Holmes. So now why is holmes so good that he can't leave? And as someone pointed out earlier, what plays did Holmes make this year?

Owens is desperate, he'd play here. Not a chance in hell would Moss play with the likes of Sanchez.

Agreed. The mind is boggled on how people can believe that the best player on offense being an absolute dog is not something seriously wrong with the offense.

Look at the beginning of the Eagles game. In hindsight, we can see he had checked out by that game.

Anybody want to consider the possibility that Sanchez holding the ball and not committing to throw to Santonio had something to do with Santonio running lazy routes and not getting open?

When the guy who is supposed to be your best receiver is playing lazy, its going to affect the QBs performance.

And I just want to make it clear that I am not absolving Sanchez of anything (EY, I am looking in your direction.) The kid has plenty of things that he needs to improve upon and Holmes' sh*tty attitude and lazy play are far from being the only reason for Sanchez's performance this year but it sure didn't help.

Sanchez absolutely sucks, but Holmes is far from irreplaceable. He's easily the most overrated player on the team. He's a decent player with a lot of potential, but extraordinarily inconsistent and sloppy, and that goes back to his Pittsburgh days. The guy is still living off the hype of his Super Bowl performance when the truth is, it seems every year there's another new Steelers WR doing better than Holmes ever did there. When you add what a locker room disaster he's been for the team this year, there's a very real chance the Jets could be better without him even with a less-talented replacement.

Someone should kidnap Holmes and Braylon and do a knee transplant. Re-sign Braylon and let go of a hobbled Holmes.

So long as you lock up the booze, Braylon would be a great teammate.

big ben's rookie year was better then any year sanchex has had , ever... actually all of his seasons were outside of the one where he got in the motorcycle accident

so was Andy Dalton's, btw

Someone should kidnap Holmes and Braylon and do a knee transplant. Re-sign Braylon and let go of a hobbled Holmes.

So long as you lock up the booze, Braylon would be a great teammate.

Isn't this thread the exact reason many of us wanted to re-sign Braylon and not Santonio this past offseason?

Ever play catch with a girl? Yeah it's like that.

Half of you guys would have sacked Eli after his 3rd season.

Same with Brees.

Hell, Roethlisberger won a Super Bowl in his 2nd season and most of the same people wanting to give up on Sanchez now would have wanted Big Ben dumped after season 3.

The kid had a bad 3rd year, no question, but there were alot of extenuating circumstances. The entire offense sucked from the coaching all the way down to some of even our best players. Defense and Specials were also below par for a Ryan/Westhoff unit.

So come down off the ledge, get a grip, and have a little patience.

Even the best young QB's take time to develop. Let's see what this kid does with a new coordinator next season.

Honestly? I would like to see how bad Holmes sucks with a top tier QB throwing to him. Their is NO receiver on the planet that would make Sanchez better right now. NONE.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. SANCHEZ SUCKS, BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE QB

You act like Holmes is a Hall-of-fame player. He's a Number 2 WR. nothing more. He will be average on any team. How bad were the Steelers once he left? I believe they just went to the Super Bowl again without him.

Half of you guys would have sacked Eli after his 3rd season.

Same with Brees.

Hell, Roethlisberger won a Super Bowl in his 2nd season and most of the same people wanting to give up on Sanchez now would have wanted Big Ben dumped after season 3.

The kid had a bad 3rd year, no question, but there were alot of extenuating circumstances. The entire offense sucked from the coaching all the way down to some of even our best players. Defense and Specials were also below par for a Ryan/Westhoff unit.

So come down off the ledge, get a grip, and have a little patience.

Even the best young QB's take time to develop. Let's see what this kid does with a new coordinator next season.

Dude he was throwing balls to the D lineman with consistency last game. I really don;t see him coming back and succeeding here next year. Luckily Im just some fat dumb dude on a message board and have no say in the matter. LOL

Archived