•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez feuded in meeting led by quarterback last week

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#26 Beaver

Beaver

Blue Falcon

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Santonio Holmes may be an a$$hole but he's not what's wrong with the offense.

no but he's not irreplaceable either. Slauson isn't what's wrong with the offense either. I wouldn't exactly shed a tear when he's gone too

Edited by Beaver, 03 January 2012 - 10:46 AM.

RLTW

#27 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Holmes dogging it this year would be a big wrong with this offense.
Posted Image

#28 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,590 posts

Really? I think Santonio has every right to be frustrated. He feels alot like the person that gets paired with me in the three legged race at the family picnic. A receiver is only as good as the QB and right now Sanchez is better throwing the ball to D lineman than receivers.

Sanchez wasn't the one who spotted the Eagles 14 points. That was Holmes and I didn't see anyone in the locker room tripping over themselves to sh*t on him in post game interviews the way he so often does.. Sanchez sucks but Holmes is twat

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#29 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

exactly. Everyone is calling for santionio to be cut. He is by far our best offensive weapon and if we cut him our offense will just get that much worse.

There is no way Holmes won't be on this team next year, it's not happening. With that said, Holmes needs to get his act together and act like the veteran he is, not storm out of meetings or fight with the other players on offense when our offense is struggling. Fighting and missing meetings doesn't help this offense get any better.
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#30 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

Why? From what I can see (never mind what we hear from people) Sanchez is a little whinny mopping bitch on the field. Head down, arms to his side, little ******* cry baby. Didnt he go weeks without celebrating with his team after TD's, not talking to anyone on the sidelines, but then had the audacity to go yell at the defense to make a stop when he finally woke up after 4 quarters of play when they had been lights out?

So Mark doesnt call anyone out. Ya know why? He sucks. He doesnt have the right to.

Barry Sanders never celebrated a TD. What does that have to do with anything? He reigned in the enthusiasm because he wanted to try and portray a business attitude because of the heat he was taking.

Sanchez has twice paid for his receivers to go out to southern ca and spend a week working and having fun. That alone is more than "Cpt Holmes" will ever do.

Sanchez had a crap year - no doubt about it. That doesn't excuse Holmes' behavior in any way, shape, or form. Are you saying because you have a co-worker that sucks you're going to start slacking off? When your boss calls you out on it you're going to say "well I've noticed Tom sucks lately so I figured I'd join him"? It's crap logic.

#31 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

no but he's not irreplaceable either. Slauson isn't what's wrong with the offense either. I wouldn't exactly shed a tear when he's gone too

The only players on offense I would shed a tear for are Brick, Mangold, and Moore.
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#32 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yet he is still absolutely one of a LOOOONG list of things wrong with this team.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#33 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,544 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Barry Sanders never celebrated a TD. What does that have to do with anything? He reigned in the enthusiasm because he wanted to try and portray a business attitude because of the heat he was taking.

Sanchez has twice paid for his receivers to go out to southern ca and spend a week working and having fun. That alone is more than "Cpt Holmes" will ever do.

Sanchez had a crap year - no doubt about it. That doesn't excuse Holmes' behavior in any way, shape, or form. Are you saying because you have a co-worker that sucks you're going to start slacking off? When your boss calls you out on it you're going to say "well I've noticed Tom sucks lately so I figured I'd join him"? It's crap logic.

Sanchez used to celebrate with his teammates, he used to do the fly boy over to the WR and congratulate him. He stopped doing that about 5 weeks ago, he wasnt talking to anyone on the sidelines and was acting like he was pissed off little bitch at the whole team. It was easily noticeable.

Sanchez should pay for his WR's to go to something he's organizing during their offseason. Mostly because its their offseason but also becasue he 50x worse than them and makes 50x more.

Sanchez has had a horrible career. Bad season, where the F have you been? And if my job was predicated on someone else who was absolutely and completely incapable of delivering...yeah, I'd be furious and probably looking for a new company with people who can actually produce and deliver to help me make money.
Posted Image

#34 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yet he is still absolutely one of a LOOOONG list of things wrong with this team.

Agreed. The mind is boggled on how people can believe that the best player on offense being an absolute dog is not something seriously wrong with the offense.

Look at the beginning of the Eagles game. In hindsight, we can see he had checked out by that game.
Posted Image

#35 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,366 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

Agreed. The mind is boggled on how people can believe that the best player on offense being an absolute dog is not something seriously wrong with the offense.

Look at the beginning of the Eagles game. In hindsight, we can see he had checked out by that game.

That's true, i think what jiffy is saying that it's a chicken and egg thing.. and tbh, I see their point, but at the end of the day Holmes took it way to far.. so i agree with you and would ship him out if possible, with the lone exception being bringing in a guy like brees or manning who will right the offense and keep santonio happy.. (which is unlikely).. I don't think he can coexist here with Sanchez any longer
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#36 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

I highly doubt that quote, but lets see:

holmes:
-sold drugs as a teenager
- arrested twice in two months for disorderly conduct
- threw glass in another ladies face at nightclub
- kicked off plane for disorderly conduct (ipod issue).

Yeah he's a saint who only smokes weed. Sanchez may suck, but assholes are always assholes.

Yeah Holmes is a total degenerate but he's good.
Sanchez is a nice kid but he sucks.

#37 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

This. That was actually going to be my next point. I'm sure just about all of us here have at least one person we work with who aren't so fantastic at their jobs and make our own jobs that much more difficult because of it. I would be curious to see some of these people who think Holmes is justified take that as an opportunity to sit around and pout while not doing their jobs and then proceed to get into screaming arguments with their co-workers. I'm curious to see how that would work out for their continued employment.

TL;DR

#38 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Sanchez used to celebrate with his teammates, he used to do the fly boy over to the WR and congratulate him. He stopped doing that about 5 weeks ago, he wasnt talking to anyone on the sidelines and was acting like he was pissed off little bitch at the whole team. It was easily noticeable.

Sanchez should pay for his WR's to go to something he's organizing during their offseason. Mostly because its their offseason but also becasue he 50x worse than them and makes 50x more.

Sanchez has had a horrible career. Bad season, where the F have you been? And if my job was predicated on someone else who was absolutely and completely incapable of delivering...yeah, I'd be furious and probably looking for a new company with people who can actually produce and deliver to help me make money.

a horrible career? I thought you prided yourself on not being so reactionary. He had a bad season.

Lets see what it looks like next year at this time. I'll admit though if he looks the same next year with a new OC and QB coach it's time to move on.

#39 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Yeah Holmes is a total degenerate but he's good.
Sanchez is a nice kid but he sucks.

Name 3 good plays Holmes made this year. Don't cop out and say something silly like Sanchez couldn't get him the ball.

Larry Fitz still routinely made spectacular plays with Max Von Sydow or whoever the hell was QB in AZ last year.

#40 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

That's true, i think what jiffy is saying that it's a chicken and egg thing.. and tbh, I see their point, but at the end of the day Holmes took it way to far.. so i agree with you and would ship him out if possible, with the lone exception being bringing in a guy like brees or manning who will right the offense and keep santonio happy.. (which is unlikely).. I don't think he can coexist here with Sanchez any longer

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this. I just think it's comical that some are trying to put it on Sanchez, because even if his sucking played a part in the situation getting to this point, Holmes' actions are all his own doing, and there's no defense for that. Let's not forget that Holmes being Holmes is exactly why the Jets got him for a 5th round pick to begin with.

TL;DR

#41 CTM

CTM

• Members
  • 28,366 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this. I just think it's comical that some are trying to put it on Sanchez, because even if his sucking played a part in the situation getting to this point, Holmes' actions are all his own doing, and there's no defense for that. Let's not forget that Holmes being Holmes is exactly why the Jets got him for a 5th round pick to begin with.

Right, I mean, I think Holmes has a legitimate gripe with Sanchez sucking, but he clearly acted unprofessionally and was detrimental to the team
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

#42 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,451 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

I highly doubt that quote, but lets see:

holmes:
-sold drugs as a teenager
- arrested twice in two months for disorderly conduct
- threw glass in another ladies face at nightclub
- kicked off plane for disorderly conduct (ipod issue).

Yeah he's a saint who only smokes weed. Sanchez may suck, but assholes are always assholes.

He's an a$$hole that makes play when the ball is thrown to him. He's not marrying our daughter he's here to make plays and win games.

#43 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,451 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Right, I mean, I think Holmes has a legitimate gripe with Sanchez sucking, but he clearly acted unprofessionally and was detrimental to the team

Agreed, But if we had a QB that was able to execute and get him the ball he would be a mild a$$hole like last year. Winning cures everything.

#44 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,451 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

how many how many top tier wideouts do the Jets have right now? zero. Holmes is a #2 wideout, nothing more.

Both Plax and Santonio have had awesome seasons and won Superbowls with other teams(QB'S). believe they both caught game winners. Yeah it's their fault. Whatever.

#45 CTM

CTM

• Members
  • 28,366 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Agreed, But if we had a QB that was able to execute and get him the ball he would be a mild a$$hole like last year. Winning cures everything.

Agree with that too, which is why if Sanchez stays, chances are good we won't have a QB good at execting an offense, so he'll need to go
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

#46 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, and when freakin' Plax of all people is the one telling you how you need to get your act together, that really speaks volumes. I have to say though, there is something delightfully karmic about him getting pulled for Patrick freakin' Turner who turns around and scores a TD for the Jets after Holmes went the entire game without a single catch.

TL;DR

#47 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,451 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

Sanchez wasn't the one who spotted the Eagles 14 points. That was Holmes and I didn't see anyone in the locker room tripping over themselves to sh*t on him in post game interviews the way he so often does.. Sanchez sucks but Holmes is twat

Holmes is a twat and Sanchez sucks. Our team gets worse if one of them leaves. Wanna guess what one?

#48 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,544 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

a horrible career? I thought you prided yourself on not being so reactionary. He had a bad season.

Lets see what it looks like next year at this time. I'll admit though if he looks the same next year with a new OC and QB coach it's time to move on.

He's had a horrible career from the perspective of being a good player. He's clearly seen some success with the team but I have a hard time saying its because of him.
Posted Image

#49 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Snachez's next big check could come from his celeb boxing match vs Holmes.

I say Holmes b*tch slaps him straight to the curb in one round.

"20 years ago, we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray

#50 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

He's had a horrible career from the perspective of being a good player. He's clearly seen some success with the team but I have a hard time saying its because of him.

What about Big Benjamen? Very pedestrian early career and a few abysmal post season performances (including that abortion against Seattle in the SB).

If our D came to play the first half in Pitt last year me thinks you'd be polishing Sanchez' knob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users