• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

The Jets could be stuck with Santonio Holmes, who was shipped out by the Steelers one season after he was the Super Bowl MVP according to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. He made $8.25 million in 2011. His $7.75 million base salary for 2012 is fully guaranteed. In 2013, $7.5 million of his $11 million base salary becomes guaranteed if he is on the roster Feb. 8 of this year. It becomes a tremendous waste of money if Holmes is cut and it also causes big salary cap problems. What makes it worse is the Jets were bidding against themselves.

There are going to be some unhappy players if he’s back. “His practice habits were terrible,” a source said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“I don’t see how he can come back,” one respected Jets veteran said.
Is that the majority opinion in the locker room?
“Yes,” the veteran said.

Holmes’ antics have been going on all year but exploded in Miami when he pouted during the game, ignored Sanchez in the huddle and infuriated his teammates.
“Go home. Go to the sidelines,” one player yelled at him.
Holmes and the player began screaming at each other in the huddle. On the next series, tackle Wayne Hunter and Holmes got into it in the huddle. Soon after, Holmes was benched by Schottenheimer. Holmes then sulked on the bench. He alienated so many players in the locker room that the Jets have to get rid of him.
“He’s a cancer. It’s like dealing with a 10-year-old,” a Jets source said Monday.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#2 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

It'd be nice if one of these "respected Jets veterans" had the guts to put their names to one of these quotes, otherwise they should shut up. It's a locker room full of A-holes.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#3 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,280 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

It'd be nice if one of these "respected Jets veterans" had the guts to put their names to one of these quotes, otherwise they should shut up. It's a locker room full of A-holes.

Put your name on it! Be a man. Or a woman.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#4 Jet27

Jet27

Alpha & Omega

• Members
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

Those comments sound like it came from Slausson.....although he is not a vet Jet.....

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

Those comments sound like it came from Slausson.....although he is not a vet Jet.....

Brandon Moore is a notorious "unnamed Jet." I'd imagine it's him.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#6 Jet27

Jet27

Alpha & Omega

• Members
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Brandon Moore is a notorious "unnamed Jet." I'd imagine it's him.

Come to think of it...you might be right.....this whole thing just sucks...no Jets in the Playoffs, and we have a slapdick Giants team in there...Come On!!!!!

#7 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,198 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

yes it would be, but do you doubt that it is true?
Originally Posted by Blackout
LOL ignorance is bless.

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

yes it would be, but do you doubt that it is true?

That's the thing--it's so true that there's almost no downside to putting your name on it.

#9 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

I must be getting old and feeble, I agree with TOm

#10 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,111 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Holmes been made a leader and captain falls on Rex. lack of discipline and judgement.
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#11 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,589 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

That's the thing--it's so true that there's almost no downside to putting your name on it.

L.T. has put his name on his quotes.

#12 The Crusher

The Crusher

DROY

• Moderators
  • 28,899 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

Oh goody. A nice built in excuse for Sanchez next year. "No continuity with receivers" "How is he expected to progress with a different WR core every year" What a ******* joke this team is becoming.

#13 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,111 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

WE would have to eat 20 Mil in cap space to drop him- maybe some sucker will give up a 5th round draft choice for him- Oh I forgot that was us.
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#14 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 25,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I must be getting old and feeble, I agree with TOm

Let's be honest here--can you point to one thing I've said about this Jets team that didn't turn out to be 100% accurate?

#15 Jets Voice of Reason

Jets Voice of Reason

Are you listening?

• Members
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

WE would have to eat 20 Mil in cap space to drop him- maybe some sucker will give up a 5th round draft choice for him- Oh I forgot that was us.

Getting him for a 5th round pick for the one season was not the problem. Investing a big contract was the issue.

Remember that time a few months ago when I said I had blue balls, and you, well, you gave a brother a hand?

That would be it for me..

#16 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Getting him for a 5th round pick for the one season was not the problem. Investing a big contract was the issue.

Agree

The original deal was a good one. Nerver should have re-signed this guy.

I doubt it was Slauson he always has a lot to say, and is quoted. This is probably someone who is really disgusted, and seldom squaks to the press. Moore came out early in the season and slammed him.

My guess would be D-Brick, or Mangold

#17 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Let's be honest here--can you point to one thing I've said about this Jets team that didn't turn out to be 100% accurate?

This hasn't happened (yet)

Posted ImageMatt39, on 27 December 2011 - 11:16 AM, said:

Plaxico wont be back next season.

Tannenbaum will overpay for him, beating an imaginary market. Guaranteed.

#18 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,702 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Yup. I would surrender our 5th round pick every year for 1 year (or 12 games) of someone like Holmes. The problem wasn't getting him in the first place. The problem was locking us into him before he showed he was worthy.

It's confusing since they had Edwards in a similar situation and only signed on with him for 1 more year at his high RFA number. They knew enough to play wait & see with him for 1 year but didn't know enough to do that with Holmes. And if they couldn't have, then cut bait. Holmes is not Larry Fitzgerald and you don't let yourself get backed into a corner for someone like him.

Whatever. I was pretty sure the thoughts, from the PC, was that we're stuck with him but with the newer quotes coming out of the locker room (anonymous as most may be), now I'm not so sure. Barring the ability to find someone who, by some miracle, wants to take on Holmes's contract I'm now thinking it's actually possible they flat-out cut him. I still think they'll just continue to try to put on the best face possible and keep him for the next 2 years. But if there are 40+ guys returning who say it is an untenable situation with him there then that's different than just LT and Hunter (neither of whom will be instrumental to the team's success next year anyway) plus Brandon Moore.

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#19 JonEJet

JonEJet

NFL Alumni

• Banned
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

I don't think many people on here complained when The Jets invested the $$$$$$ in Santonio Holmes after last season

None of us really knows what went on, but in Santonio's defense, he was rarely getting targeted by a woeful QB who at this point is a huge question mark.

On the other hand, Santonio has won a superbowl, and had a 1200 yard receiving season. This year was Tone's worst year statistically.

Most of you here want to blame the player. I, on the other hand blame the QB

Posted Image

#20 JonEJet

JonEJet

NFL Alumni

• Banned
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Agree

The original deal was a good one. Nerver should have re-signed this guy.

I doubt it was Slauson he always has a lot to say, and is quoted. This is probably someone who is really disgusted, and seldom squaks to the press. Moore came out early in the season and slammed him.

My guess would be D-Brick, or Mangold

MAngold was his team mate in College. No way he said anything

Posted Image

#21 MTJ06

MTJ06

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

But if there are 40+ guys returning who say it is an untenable situation with him there then that's different than just LT and Hunter (neither of whom will be instrumental to the team's success next year anyway) plus Brandon Moore.

I know you are no fan of Cotch but,
How bad, annoying, grating is Holmes that Cotchery was willing to take a million dollars less because he couldnt bare the thought of sitting in the wr meetings with him?

#22 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

MAngold was his team mate in College. No way he said anything

Or maybe that's why he said something. He knows the guy really well.

I complained last year about giving a guy with 3 pot busts, and a crappy attitude 23 million guaranteed. That was insame.

Actually I don’t blame him for remaining anonymous. The discipline here is handed out very weirdly. Mike T came out and said on Kay's how yesterday, that the teams response to Scott’s giving a reporter the finger, for asking a very stupid question, would remain “in house”. Indicating there would be some discipline. In the mean time both he and Rex defended Holmes quitting on the team by talking about what a great player he was.

Go figure

#23 MTJ06

MTJ06

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

I don't think many people on here complained when The Jets invested the $$$$$$ in Santonio Holmes after last season

None of us really knows what went on, but in Santonio's defense, he was rarely getting targeted by a woeful QB who at this point is a huge question mark.

On the other hand, Santonio has won a superbowl, and had a 1200 yard receiving season. This year was Tone's worst year statistically.

Most of you here want to blame the player. I, on the other hand blame the QB

So then shouldnt Plax, Keller, Kerley all have acted the same way as Holmes?

Holmes attitude is all his own, cant blame anybody else for it.

#24 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 27,702 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

I know you are no fan of Cotch but,
How bad, annoying, grating is Holmes that Cotchery was willing to take a million dollars less because he couldnt bare the thought of sitting in the wr meetings with him?

Cotchery said he couldn't stand sitting in the same WR meetings specifically with Holmes or specifically with WRs who the team felt were better, more talented, and more valuable football players?

What Cotchery couldn't stand was being passed over by any WR the Jets brought in from '09 to '10. He was insulted that he wasn't awarded a starting job and he didn't take any amount less than he'd have made on the Jets. The Jets were going to insist that he take a pay cut, since he wasn't going to be a starter again, which was a double insult to him. He asked to get out and the Jets obliged him.

The rest is Cotchery saying stuff after the fact to save face. What's he going to say, "The Jets thought I wasn't good enough to start and they're right."?

JetNation

2446sd4.jpg

#25 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,215 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

i guess all players don't just love playing for rex?

imo, this is up to rex to fix, he's supposed to be a players coach, how did he let this fester???
Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users