Jets veteran says Santonio Holmes must go in 2012

Jetfan13

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How has it been 40 years and this ******* franchise cant find a QB?

This actually kinda cracks me up. I was thinking about the Colts QBs and the "Luck" they seem to have. How is it that everytime there is the QB of the decade coming out of college they stink and end up with the #1 pick? Forget about them having Johnny Unitas, They were also in position to draft John Elway, Peyton Manning and now they are in position to draft Andrew Luck.

Of course when the Jets had the #1 overall in 1996 there wasnt a single QB drafted in the first round that year thats how bad the class was. And when they had the #1 in 1997 Peyton Manning decided to stay in school and the only QB drafted in the first round was Jim Druckenmiller, and he was taken 26th overall.

I listen to his show each morning on the radio riding to ferry for work. He is old school so rex rubs him the wrong way- Sanchez he actually has been supportive of him but obviously needs to improve ona number of things.

He had a better stats year this season then when they made the AFCCG...guess he needs to play worse if we r to return there..

This 3 game stretch to end the season has been by far the worst Sanchez has ever looked over an extended period of time. BY FAR!!! 10 turnovers in 3 games, 2 of which were on the road. Literally impossible to win when your QB is handing the other team the game.

I actually completely disagree with this, and it's this kind of attitude that the Jets took last offseason and put them in the position they are in now. Making the playoffs, and even having some playoff success does not erase the long list of issues your team has. After an 11-win season and their second consecutive trip to the AFC Championship the Jets thought there were no issues and decided they'd go about their business with the exception of a couple of lost players and their draft picks. That's why part of me is almost glad the Jets missed the playoffs, because these items were all issues regardless, but if the Jets had made it in, they all likely would have continued to be ignored as things only got worse.

Bull sh*t. Winning cures all. If they Jets win 2 of the last 3 games - Holmes isnt acting like an idiot and the locker room wouldnt be at each others throats. They'd have celebrated making the playoffs and they'd be preparing to play Houston (which they would probably win).

This 3 game stretch to end the season has been by far the worst Sanchez has ever looked over an extended period of time. BY FAR!!! 10 turnovers in 3 games, 2 of which were on the road. Literally impossible to win when your QB is handing the other team the game.

Bull sh*t. Winning cures all. If they Jets win 2 of the last 3 games - Holmes isnt acting like an idiot and the locker room wouldnt be at each others throats. They'd have celebrated making the playoffs and they'd be preparing to play Houston (which they would probably win).

Winning does not cure all-it can mask problems and can provide false bravado.

This isn't the land of "ifs and buts". It is reality, and reality is that the Jets are 8-8 and earned every bit of it.

Winning does not cure all-it can mask problems and can provide false bravado.

This isn't the land of "ifs and buts". It is reality, and reality is that the Jets are 8-8 and earned every bit of it.

The false bravado existed before building winner. The problems were created from losing.

Winning cures all.

From the perspective of whether or not the players would be publicly bitching about each other, yes, you're right. But my point is, these issues didn't just magically appear, it's just that when things are going well people are much more willing to overlook these issues but they're still there, and unless you're having nothing but one great season after another (and sometimes even then), sooner or later those issues are going to come to a boil. The fact that there were already public issues just three weeks into the season should tell you this all existed before things got this bad with the team, it's just that it only got out of hand now. I'd much rather the team address issues like these rather than sitting around crossing their fingers that this doesn't blow up in their faces, because it hadn't yet.

Oh, and as for your response to 13, as staunch of a Holmes defender as you are, trying to put blame for that Eagles game on Sanchez is plain laughable. That game was over by the end of the first quarter thanks solely to your boy.

The false bravado existed before building winner. The problems were created from losing.

Winning cures all.

Problem is it makes it very tough to win when your supossed #1 WR isn't bothering to run his routes, and turning his back on the WR coach.

From the perspective of whether or not the players would be publicly bitching about each other, yes, you're right. But my point is, these issues didn't just magically appear, it's just that when things are going well people are much more willing to overlook these issues but they're still there, and unless you're having nothing but one great season after another (and sometimes even then), sooner or later those issues are going to come to a boil. The fact that there were already public issues just three weeks into the season should tell you this all existed before things got this bad with the team, it's just that it only got out of hand now. I'd much rather the team address issues like these rather than sitting around crossing their fingers that this doesn't blow up in their faces, because it hadn't yet.

Oh, and as for your response to 13, as staunch of a Holmes defender as you are, trying to put blame for that Eagles game on Sanchez is plain laughable. That game was over by the end of the first quarter thanks solely to your boy.

Those boils that happened early in the season was during a 3 game losing streak. This isnt trivial. Winning cures all.

Who put the blame on Sanchez for week 15? Holmes had a horrible game and it hurt the team. The whole team had a horrible game. Ugly ugly ugly.

Never happens if they are winning.

JIF, I don't know what went on other weeks, but Holmes quit in the 2nd quarter. Just stopped running his routes

That was a big game. If they go to the playoffs who knows what happens?

Guys a punk even by WR standards

So in order to have a happy Santonio Holmes, the Jets need to be 16-0 and he needs to be targeted 20 times a game.

Just the guy I want on my team

Yep. Thats exactly what I said. This is fun!!!

Winning up till what point? As soon as we lost the AFCCCG last year he popped off!

Rightfully so. You dont have your game breaker in the game during a goal line stand with the SB on the line?

JIF, I don't know what went on other weeks, but Holmes quit in the 2nd quarter. Just stopped running his routes

That was a big game. If they go to the playoffs who knows what happens?

Guys a punk even by WR standards

What if I said I'm surpised it took so long?

Yep!

Same OC as the last 2 years when the Jets appeared in the AFCG.

Same safeties as the last 2 years when the Jets appeared in the AFCG.

ST turnovers hurt, good Qb play overcomes that, no % necessary

You want me to assign a percentage to a blocking TE? lmfao

LOL. You sound like Mr. T. with that rubbish.

Vincent Jackson is an option and like any team the salary cap can be played with. I just dont know if Vjax is the right guy.

He's not. No one to throw him the ball. Difference between him and Holmes, is that little Santonio pouts, Jackson would drill a whole in Mark's face using his fist.

yes it would be, but do you doubt that it is true?

agreed. i could care less in this situation. There IS a problem. (Does anyone remember in HardKnocks, him talking about getting the ball (and not getting it in Pitt)? For some reason that stuck with me. That just shouldn't be coming out of anyone's mouth. Makes you question Rex's judgment slapping the C on him. Have to always remember we are dealing with 20 year old punk kids who are used to getting anything they want. lol

Well I think players still want to play for Rex especially the defensive guys but playing for that circus of an offense is another matter.

im sorry but again it all falls on one guy and it appears that the a-holes in the local media r finally on to it. mike t. that was NOT a dysfunctional O last year.

It'd be nice if one of these "respected Jets veterans" had the guts to put their names to one of these quotes, otherwise they should shut up. It's a locker room full of A-holes.

Look comming out and bashing another player is not going to happen, and it very rarely happens in this league, unless the player has no brains. getting the info from inside sources claiming the entire locker room can see it is enough for me. if it was not true someone would have specificly come foward on this direct accusation and denied it. And im not talking about the bullsh*t Tanny and Rex spew on talk radio or a press conference.

Its no wonder the Steelers let him go . Poor practice habits cause issues on game day and in a close game running the wrong pattern because you are probably too dumb to know the play can cost you a game. I wonder how many times this year this schmuck ran the wrong pattern disrupting the entire offense. When you play for a team that run, run, passes, alot that can lead to alot of 3 and outs especially when said WR is your so called #1 which really is a joke.

Archived