I'm sorry, but am I even watching the same sport here?

yanks9596

That's because the NFL sucks. It will soon all be played in domes, every formation will have 5 WR's, maybe 10 once they get rid of the O-lineman for safety reasons and we'll see a gazillion points every game. Except Jets games, Schotty will still be lining FB's out wide, because they'll never see it coming.

That's because the NFL sucks. It will soon all be played in domes, every formation will have 5 WR's, maybe 10 once they get rid of the O-lineman for safety reasons and we'll see a gazillion points every game. Except Jets games, Schotty will still be lining FB's out wide, because they'll never see it coming.

The problem with your response is that it fails to address the fact that SCHOTTY has a boss. If that boss says we are a GROUND & POUND conservative-minded team, would you endorse insubordination to be more innovative on offense?

The problem with your response is that it fails to address the fact that SCHOTTY has a boss. If that boss says we are a GROUND & POUND conservative-minded team, would you endorse insubordination to be more innovative on offense?

Which makes it an organizational problem...the lack of unity, cohesion. Schotty sucks because he cannot develop a coherent plan that integrates the desire of the HC and the ability of the players...the organization sucks because they hired a HC who ony understands a portion of the game. An important function no doubt. Rex turned around the D but the O is stuck in a sea of ambiguity.

Somebody should inform Rex of this before next season

HA HA!!! They'll never see it coming. That sums up Schotty's philosophy perfectly IMO. Let's run it on 3rd and 18 because they don't expect it. Ever think no one thinks like that is because it DOESN'T WORK?????

The sad part about it is the only one he's fooling is himself.

Hey KJ it's good to see you man. :o)

The thing is Remember Parcells relationship with Bellicheck? There was talk of them never even speaking about game plans. Now, I'm not trying to ignore the fact that they have a much longer history together than Rex and Schotty but I think that's what Rex was going for. An offensive coach who does not need to be micro managed, It's not working. Let's just hope Rex see's this and makes the change. Ya know.... Learns from his mistakes.

Remember we did try to be an aerial team at times this year. The first few games and the Giants game come to mind for me. The problem is that we keep changing the pieces to our offense over the past three seasons plus IMO we run the poorest, least productive routes in the NFL.

Change is a comin.... It has to

The NFL is ruining this sport making the game an air show. You can't touch a receiver, you can't touch a QB

Nothing wrong with having a running attack in football

Average run play this year went for 4.3 yards. The average pass play went for 5.5.

It is simple math.

It is easier using the pass.

One of my first ever threads on this site was "Matt Stafford" where I explained after watching him at GA that I wanted the Jets to do whatever it takes for Stafford. It was before I knew he'd be the first overall pick but just watching that guy...thats what a QB looks like. And then on the other side of the ball, wow. Mid season I was claiming Rodgers was playing at a level I've never seen and then you watch what Brees has been doing lately. Unreal. I'd still take Rodgers but Brees is playing out of his mind.

Why cant we just find a QB? 40 F'ing years and then best thing we've had since is Kenny O and Vinny T. Ugh. Hate this team.

The NFL is ruining this sport making the game an air show. You can't touch a receiver, you can't touch a QB

It'd be great if before Brady retires and after he's done as a QB Woody throws some money at him to play LB for a year so we can some rule changes in favor of the defense, cause football is slowly becoming gayer then a cock flavored lollypop

we will still be a GROUND & POUND team and let other teams beat us by throwing the ball. REX has got to wake up. It was a pleasure to see BREES and STAFFORD play QB last night!

Actually, we won in 2009 with ground & pound. Then we won in 2010 with ground & pound. Then we abandoned it in 2011 and look what happened. The pass-only crowd are the ones that need to wake up!

That's bs... I don't miss the days of watching the bears and giants plays to a 13-10 snooze fest.. Most of the people on this site in mid to late 30's choose the Jets over the giants as kids, when the Jets had a high flying offense and the Giants were ground and pound with little joe morris.. I'm willing to bet that the more point scored, the higher the ratings, as well..

This thread cracks me up.

I guess the OP only watched the night game. In the AFC game I saw Cincy run an offense very similar to ours, including better than 10 runs with the WR faking the end around. That's what you do to protect a questionable QB. Let's all sit around and cry because we don't have a HOF QB and let's complain that we don't run the O like we have one anyway!

As for running the ball, I like it. I don't think we should do what the league or the fans want, we should do whatever works. Being looked everybody else isn't always good. It used to be easier to find 3-4 X-linemen, now it is gettin impossible with all the copycats. As for why we became Jets fans, a high flying O didn't have anything to do with it for me, but even those air it out teams were pounding the rock with Freeman.

This thread cracks me up.

I guess the OP only watched the night game. In the AFC game I saw Cincy run an offense very similar to ours, including better than 10 runs with the WR faking the end around. That's what you do to protect a questionable QB. Let's all sit around and cry because we don't have a HOF QB and let's complain that we don't run the O like we have one anyway!

and yet, Cincy got beat quite convincingly too.

thanks to the sissy rules, yes.

Compared to the pre-78 rules where DBs could continually mug a receiver?

While they might have over done it in some regards, the pre-78 pass defense and pass blocing rules were too far of an advantage for the defense.

I think you tune would be different if you had a better QB.

One of my first ever threads on this site was "Matt Stafford" where I explained after watching him at GA that I wanted the Jets to do whatever it takes for Stafford. It was before I knew he'd be the first overall pick but just watching that guy...thats what a QB looks like. And then on the other side of the ball, wow. Mid season I was claiming Rodgers was playing at a level I've never seen and then you watch what Brees has been doing lately. Unreal. I'd still take Rodgers but Brees is playing out of his mind.

Why cant we just find a QB? 40 F'ing years and then best thing we've had since is Kenny O and Vinny T. Ugh. Hate this team.

And dont you think some of it has to do with who he is throwing the ball to? Calvin Johnson was a monster last night, couldnt be covered, of course Stafford is going to look like a QB throwing to him.

Actually, we won in 2009 with ground & pound. Then we won in 2010 with ground & pound. Then we abandoned it in 2011 and look what happened. The pass-only crowd are the ones that need to wake up!

You need both parts. What seems to get lost is New Orleans also ran for 160 last night

and yet, Cincy got beat quite convincingly too.

Any possibility that is because their QB sucks and throws the ball to defensive linemen too? The Texans O looked a little familiar also, but they also have sh*t @QB.

T. yates 11-20 159 yards

Houston rushing 35- 188 yards

And thats because in the end Houtson had more playmakers. They won that Game on the backs of Foster and Johnson and also got a big play from the D.

And dont you think some of it has to do with who he is throwing the ball to? Calvin Johnson was a monster last night, couldnt be covered, of course Stafford is going to look like a QB throwing to him.

I'm not talking about his target, I'm talking about him. The guy can sling it. Doesnt matter who he's throwing to, he just happens to have a top 3 WR in his arsenal. Some of those throws he made last night were incredible. Absolutely perfect. Making it very easy on his WR and giving them a chance for yac. Kids going to be a start if he can stay healthy. Its crazy watching 2 Qb's that are worth a damn, you see what its supposed to look like.

I prefer offensive football, I like to see how teams attack the other one. I also prefer attacking defenses, but there isn't that many of them these days.

Mainly because the defense has to play with one hand tied behind its back.

There was play yesterday in the Texans/Bengals game where Owen Daniels caught a pass over the middle and got blasted by Reggie Nelson. The ref throws the flag for "Hitting a defenseless receiver"

Now seriously. What was Nelson to do in that spot ? Let him catch the ball and then tackle him ?

Receivers today have absolutely no fear of going over the middle.

Move the illegal contact from 5 yards to 7 or 10 yards and take away that stupid hitting a defenseless receiver and let's see how that changes the game.

I'm not talking about his target, I'm talking about him. The guy can sling it. Doesnt matter who he's throwing to, he just happens to have a top 3 WR in his arsenal. Some of those throws he made last night were incredible. Absolutely perfect. Making it very easy on his WR and giving them a chance for yac. Kids going to be a start if he can stay healthy. Its crazy watching 2 Qb's that are worth a damn, you see what its supposed to look like.

Stafford definetly can sling it. But his wrs also make it very easy on him. Those 2 QBs are worth a dam in part because they have weapons to throw it to.

Stafford definetly can sling it. But his wrs also make it very easy on him. Those 2 QBs are worth a dam in part because they have weapons to throw it to.

And the receivers get open.

It is run one thing I noticed last night watching that game is how open the Saints receivers get,

Archived