I'm sorry, but am I even watching the same sport here?

yanks9596

It is easy to point at the Patriots, Packers, Saints, and Lions as proof that scoring wins. However that conveniently neglects the Steelers, Ravens, and even Texans and Broncos. The Broncos are only in the playoffs because their defense allowed Tim Tebow to be mediocre and still win a bunch of games in a row.

It is easy to point at the Patriots, Packers, Saints, and Lions as proof that scoring wins. However that conveniently neglects the Steelers, Ravens, and even Texans and Broncos. The Broncos are only in the playoffs because their defense allowed Tim Tebow to be mediocre and still win a bunch of games in a row.

It doesnt neglect the Steelers, they can score.

Do you think the Texans and Broncos(especially the Broncos) really have a chance to win it all?

What a pleasure it is to see the quarterbacks throw the ball downfield all day long. It's like a completely different game. Bet there have been more 30+ yard plays today than the Jets had all season.

12th in total points scored, 9th in passing TD, 12 rushing TD Those are important stats, too. I think it may have to do with the fact that 2 of his three biggest targets, with the longest receptions were tossed in return for nothing. (Edwards 71 yards, Holmes 54 yards, Cotch 41 yards) add B Smith and they lost 1,530 yards and 10 TDs (1,630 and 9 the year before) f receiving output....unanswered.

So, I think that may have contributed to the lack of a dynamic passing attack along with the right side of the OL and the CS schitzophrenic play calling. Yes, I think so. The silver lining though: All throughout that and getting booed, Sanchez still threw 26 TDs and ran for 6. Oh, he has things to work out, fumbling, decision making, and getting some receivers wouldn't hurt.

A few highlights come to mind: The ball off Keller's helmet, through Holmes hands AGAIN, off Shonn Greene's facemask.....yes, the O needs work, but relax, I personally assure you that next year Mark Sanchez goes to the pro-bowl.

Seems to me every team this weekend has at least taken regular shots downfield. Huge plays are being made all over the place.

Jets are so incredibly slow on offense. So mind-numbingly vanilla. I can't take it anymore.

It is also worth mentioning that Shonn Greene might be the least dynamic starting RB in the entire league, which doesn't help.

12th in total points scored, 9th in passing TD, 12 rushing TD Those are important stats, too. I think it may have to do with the fact that 2 of his three biggest targets, with the longest receptions were tossed in return for nothing. (Edwards 71 yards, Holmes 54 yards, Cotch 41 yards) add B Smith and they lost 1,530 yards and 10 TDs (1,630 and 9 the year before) f receiving output....unanswered.

So, I think that may have contributed to the lack of a dynamic passing attack along with the right side of the OL and the CS schitzophrenic play calling. Yes, I think so. The silver lining though: All throughout that and getting booed, Sanchez still threw 26 TDs and ran for 6. Oh, he has things to work out, fumbling, decision making, and getting some receivers wouldn't hurt.

A few highlights come to mind: The ball off Keller's helmet, through Holmes hands AGAIN, off Shonn Greene's facemask.....yes, the O needs work, but relax, I personally assure you that next year Mark Sanchez goes to the pro-bowl.

No way Sanchez is going to a pro bowl with the current skill players this team puts on the field. Unless Major changes are made on the offensive line and at the skill positions this offense will never be consistent.

Jets fans like to grasp on to flashes and assume players must be great because they made a great play now and again but those flashes NEVER add up to greatness or consistent play. Personally I have no faith this team will do the right things in the offseason and unfortunately this will probably lead to further distruction of our young QB.

When I look at the talent the playoff teams have been putting on the field I laugh at the fact people expect more from Sanchez with what he has to deal with.

Giants

Lions

Saints

Packers

Steelers

Bengals

Pats

Niners

Ravens

Falcons

Texans

All have MUCH better talent than the Jets by a wide margin and thats just the playoff teams their are other teams with much better skill players as well. Its obvious .

But I forgot that some Jets fans actully had our skill players ranked as top 10 some even mentioned top 5 before the season started and I find that to be hilarious. Same as Santonio Holmes being better than some of the top 10 WR's I listed in the beginning of the season when Santonio cant even crack the top 30.

Seems to me every team this weekend has at least taken regular shots downfield. Huge plays are being made all over the place.

Jets are so incredibly slow on offense. So mind-numbingly vanilla. I can't take it anymore.

It is also worth mentioning that Shonn Greene might be the least dynamic starting RB in the entire league, which doesn't help.

And this is why every pass Sanchez throws is contested and why Jets receivers rarely get open by a large margin. if Sanchez is not dead on target its trouble. You see plenty of the great QB's in this league throw some bad passes that their great WR's adjust to or have the room to Adjust too. I saw Brees throw some incredibly great passes this weekend and I saw him throw some bad ones as well but to be honest the guy has players running wide open all over the field I NEVER see Jets WR's getting that wide open. When you have this problem and your running game is not making it happen either I think 26 TD's is a hell of alot more than should be expected.

What a pleasure it is to see the quarterbacks throw the ball downfield all day long. It's like a completely different game. Bet there have been more 30+ yard plays today than the Jets had all season.

Tell me about it...I was trying to explain to some of the younger posters that the game is different now. Its all about the offenses...reminds me of some college scores about 20 years ago...the rules will change again...in favor of defenses....There have been more rule changes in the NFL than any other America sport its ridiculous. Imagine MLB changing rules like strike zone, whats a tag, what's a catch,etc....its just stupid

Archived