Update on Coaching Rumors

flgreen

Again, then why were they worse then us all year?

Last night Tebow made some throws that nobody thought he was capable of, I was shocked. Even the few big throws he had made earlier in the year were too wide open receivers. Last night Pitts always had a defender on them and Tebow just put the ball exactly where it had to be.

Def agree the steelers missed Clark and Hampton and Kiesel, but Tebow played by far his best game as a pro and shocked me

The Eddie Royal TD still has me scratching my head, Gay was all over him... and that ball just managed to get under Gay's arm and land right in Royal's bread basket. Not even sure he knew he caught it. Haha...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only in my world do the Jets finally rid themselvse of Schotty only because he was hired by my Alma Mater.

These rumors surprise me though...who leaves the NFL as coordinator to take a coordinator job in college?...other than Charlie Weiss.

It is really odd that a coach who is all but publicly being guaranteed that he will not be fired, and as young as he is, to step down and tale a college job .

Maybe he’s doing it for love. Giving up the big city job, so he can be close to you

Pats can and will score though. I bet Beli keeps everything in front of them, lets them run it a bit, holds them to a FG or two, maybe another drive is derailed by a penalty, and before you know it, it's 21-6 and tebow HAS to throw and starts throwing picks

Maybe. I think the Broncos will run it straight down their throat. Like I said above to SatanDerpFan80 - the Broncos were fine until they had some crazy turnovers, 2 muffed punts, a fumble, an INT...the Broncos were keeping pace but they gave the Patriots the ball in their RZ like 3 times.

He's a young guy.

He goes down to college and has success for the next 5 years, and I guarantee he's right back at the NFL level. This is what mediocre, young coaches do... they go back and forth to build their resume.

Whatever, I don't care what happens to his career... just want him gone.

True. Maybe, but I dont see it happening. There's been too much interest around him in the league to go to the college ranks. And he'll have a job if daddy returns.

Tebow normally looks how I'd imagine Manning would look throwing with his left hand. He throws wounded ducks all the time. Guys is not a good passer, numerous times last night when throwing short he missed by a solid 5 yards. He just had 6=8 great passes in him last night. THe pass to Royal was placed perfectly, I doubt Tebow could do that again if you gave him 20 tries

He's not a great passer but you're not giving him enough credit. He can do it. I watched every game the kid ever played in college. Give him time and he can throw. Help him out on easy downs and he gets comfortable. The one thing Tebow has always been able to do is put the ball in place for YAC. There's a reason why Harvin was such a beast with YAC in college, Tebow always gave him a shot by putting in the right spot. Is he doing it consistently in the NFL, no...but he's no different than any other QB thats ever come through. He's young and learing the position. Things will get easier for him and the Pats D is nice one to help from that perspective.

Then you dont remember that game. Denver was controlling the game, jumped out to a 16-7 lead, then turned the ball over on like 3 straigh possession basically handing the Pats the game.

And that's exactly what the Patriots do to you; take full advantage of mistakes. Which is why I say Denver needs to play flawlessly again. I don't think there's any chance Denver avoids turning the ball over in this one.

Again, then why were they worse then us all year?

Last night Tebow made some throws that nobody thought he was capable of, I was shocked. Even the few big throws he had made earlier in the year were too wide open receivers. Last night Pitts always had a defender on them and Tebow just put the ball exactly where it had to be.

Def agree the steelers missed Clark and Hampton and Kiesel, but Tebow played by far his best game as a pro and shocked me

Tebow made some nice throws like the one to Eddie Royal for the TD, but to say Pitt always had a defender on them? Denver had guys wide open last night.

Tebow made some nice throws like the one to Eddie Royal for the TD, but to say Pitt always had a defender on them? Denver had guys wide open last night.

And we somehow almost never have that. I can count on one hand the amount of wide open wide receivers we have. Whether that's on them not running hard routes or Schotty sucking at designing plays I don't know. And yes Sanchez missed mcknight wide open but that's one of only ones I can think of.

And we somehow almost never have that. I can count on one hand the amount of wide open wide receivers we have. Whether that's on them not running hard routes or Schotty sucking at designing plays I don't know. And yes Sanchez missed mcknight wide open but that's one of only ones I can think of.

Yeah sub in any Jets receiver for D Thomas last night and if Tebow makes the same exact throw do any of them take it all the way?

And that's exactly what the Patriots do to you; take full advantage of mistakes. Which is why I say Denver needs to play flawlessly again. I don't think there's any chance Denver avoids turning the ball over in this one.

Why not? Basic vanilla game should do the trick. As long as they dont have the ST turnovers...

Yeah sub in any Jets receiver for D Thomas last night and if Tebow makes the same exact throw do any of them take it all the way?

Yes. Holmes 100% takes that to the house...maybe even Kerley.

So? Whats your point?

They made the game easier for him. All season long he'd been only asked to throw on the hardest down, 3rd and long situations. They've been running it on 3rd and short. They finally let him throw on easier downs, had the protection and made the throws. Tebow can throw when you give him time to let him wind up or whens he's creating on the run. He's the most efficient passer in the history of the SEC but its hard to pass at the NFL level when the only time you are doing it is 3rd and long. I'm not shocked at all.

He's not a great passer but you're not giving him enough credit. He can do it. I watched every game the kid ever played in college. Give him time and he can throw. Help him out on easy downs and he gets comfortable. The one thing Tebow has always been able to do is put the ball in place for YAC. There's a reason why Harvin was such a beast with YAC in college, Tebow always gave him a shot by putting in the right spot. Is he doing it consistently in the NFL, no...but he's no different than any other QB thats ever come through. He's young and learing the position. Things will get easier for him and the Pats D is nice one to help from that perspective.

Sound like any other QB you know?

It amazes me that you write this stuff about Tim Tebow and then bash Sanchez repeatedly.

Why not? Basic vanilla game should do the trick. As long as they dont have the ST turnovers...

Yeah I agree but we wouldn't have run that play. We would have run the wildcat for a loss of 5.

IMO holmes and Kerley do not have the size and strength to stiff arm the defender away and get seperation after the catch the way Thomas did.

Sound like any other QB you know?

It amazes me that you write this stuff about Tim Tebow and then bash Sanchez repeatedly.

Tebow has started what, 11 games? Sanchez has started what, 46?

Pretty easy to write that stuff about Sanchez when your sample size is so large.

IMO holmes and Kerley do not have the size and strength to stiff arm the defender away and get seperation after the catch the way Thomas did.

Meh, a decent stiff arm works in that situation. You dont need to be big and strong. You're running full speed and the defender is trying to play catch up. You kind of have the edge as the ball career, thats why you see so many stiff arms.

And I might be mistaken but I'd think Holmes is a litter faster than Thomas so he might not have needed it. And to say he can get seperation is ridiculous. Do you not remember the move he made vs. Cleveland last year (cuz I'm taking it you never saw what he used to do in Pitts)

Tebow has started what, 11 games? Sanchez has started what, 46?

Pretty easy to write that stuff about Sanchez when your sample size is so large.

They are both still young developing QBs in the league. I dont consider 3 years such a large sample. Sanchez has made plenty of throws in his 3 years.

Meh, a decent stiff arm works in that situation. You dont need to be big and strong. You're running full speed and the defender is trying to play catch up. You kind of have the edge as the ball career, thats why you see so many stiff arms.

And I might be mistaken but I'd think Holmes is a litter faster than Thomas so he might not have needed it. And to say he can get seperation is ridiculous. Do you not remember the move he made vs. Cleveland last year (cuz I'm taking it you never saw what he used to do in Pitts)

Seemed like a pretty good stiff arm by Thomas to me. Holmes may have also run a lazier route than Thomas and may not have even been open.

They are both still young developing QBs in the league. I dont consider 3 years such a large sample. Sanchez has made plenty of throws in his 3 years.

This is the reality of sports..."what have you done for me lately?" And Sanchez hasn't done much so people forget that he DOES actually have the ability to make throws. Go watch highlights of 2010 season to refresh memory, plenty of deep throws to Edwards.

How long does it take to develop? Sanchez will be considered a veteran next season. He's been through 2 playoff runs and during the final 3 games of his 3rd season with destiny in the Jets hands, he looked like he's never seen a Football before in his life. And Sanchez wasnt considered a project QB who nobody thought could hack it. Most considered him to be the most NFL ready QB in that draft (lord only knows why). And he's getting worse. 3 seasons is plenty of time to grade out a QB. Especially one who's played as much as he has on a much better team than the Broncos.

And for as many throws as he's made in 3 years (which isnt many at all really) he's got 63 turnovers. 63. 63. Again, 63. The fact that the Jets have a winning record during that time is astonishing.

How long does it take to develop? Sanchez will be considered a veteran next season. He's been through 2 playoff runs and during the final 3 games of his 3rd season with destiny in the Jets hands, he looked like he's never seen a Football before in his life. And Sanchez wasnt considered a project QB who nobody thought could hack it. Most considered him to be the most NFL ready QB in that draft (lord only knows why). And he's getting worse. 3 seasons is plenty of time to grade out a QB. Especially one who's played as much as he has on a much better team than the Broncos.

And for as many throws as he's made in 3 years (which isnt many at all really) he's got 63 turnovers. 63. 63. Again, 63. The fact that the Jets have a winning record during that time is astonishing.

JiF if by week 6 next year its the same story then im with you but he has to get opportunity under new OC.

Seemed like a pretty good stiff arm by Thomas to me. Holmes may have also run a lazier route than Thomas and may not have even been open.

I could have run that route and been that open. He was behind the safeties before he even broke. They both creeped up at least 5 yards before that ball was passed. They were creeping pre-snap and Tebow sold the play fake perfectly. This had nothing to do with route design, or route running. It was blown coverage. Tebow placed the ball perfectly (something Sanchez cant do) and Thomas was gone.

This is the reality of sports..."what have you done for me lately?" And Sanchez hasn't done much so people forget that he DOES actually have the ability to make throws. Go watch highlights of 2010 season to refresh memory, plenty of deep throws to Edwards.

They all have the "ability to make throws" or they wouldnt be taking NFL snaps. That doesnt mean you should be.

JiF if by week 6 next year its the same story then im with you but he has to get opportunity under new OC.

Cool. Fair enough. You'll probably get your wish. Personally, I've seen enough to know what we got and it aint much, unfortunately

To be honest, I'm past his inabilities now as a QB in this league. Those are well documented. What now worries me with this kid, which has been my biggest fear all along - is that he's such a little cali homo pussy that he cant lead men. Which seems to be the case.

Only in my world do the Jets finally rid themselvse of Schotty only because he was hired by my Alma Mater.

These rumors surprise me though...who leaves the NFL as coordinator to take a coordinator job in college?...other than Charlie Weiss.

If a guy can no longer stand the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, he might just move on, although he might ask the Jets to supplement his salary to pro level. Sort of a blackmail arrangement. This way he helps the team while getting his, and he goes to Florida and inflicts himself on their offense.

Cool. Fair enough. You'll probably get your wish. Personally, I've seen enough to know what we got and it aint much, unfortunately

To be honest, I'm past his inabilities now as a QB in this league. Those are well documented. What now worries me with this kid, which has been my biggest fear all along - is that he's such a little cali homo pussy that he cant lead men. Which seems to be the case.

This argument I don't think is fair because you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. What because Sanchez didn't come out and bash the team on the radio like some 4th stringer?! As far as we know he tried calling meetings all week and one douchebag decided he doesn't give a sh*t anymore and got in a argument with Sanchez and then pulled himself out of game on last drive. Sanchez can't control an a$$hole like Holmes and apparently neither could anyone on steelers so are they bad leaders too?

If you graded out most QBs after 3 season the way you are some of the best in the NFL today wouldnt be playing. See Sh4dy's post. He nails it on the head. Many people have a "what have you done for me lately attitude"

The offense as a whole got worse this year not just Sanchez. We downgraded our WRs and Oline, how is the QB supposed to get better?

I guess in your mind the Giants should have cut Eli after last year when in his 7th year he threw 25 ints!

The Saints should have cut Brees last year when in his 10th year in the league he threw 22 ints and lost to the lowly Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs!

This argument I don't think is fair because you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. What because Sanchez didn't come out and bash the team on the radio like some 4th stringer?! As far as we know he tried calling meetings all week and one douchebag decided he doesn't give a sh*t anymore and got in a argument with Sanchez and then pulled himself out of game on last drive. Sanchez can't control an a$$hole like Holmes and apparently neither could anyone on steelers so are they bad leaders too?

I'm more so basing this off of the comments that came from Kris Jenkins who's still got very strong ties to our locker room. The fact that he didnt have the balls to do what McElroy did was just a piece of it but mostly because I'm on the fence whether I think you should keep that in house or not...personally, I liked it in this circumstance because it needed to be said and I'm hoping it shows Sanchez what kind of a pussy he is.

The Holmes thing is secondary. A true leader keeps him at bay. Seems like Mark doesnt have the ball to confront him.

If you graded out most QBs after 3 season the way you are some of the best in the NFL today wouldnt be playing. See Sh4dy's post. He nails it on the head. Many people have a "what have you done for me lately attitude"

The offense as a whole got worse this year not just Sanchez. We downgraded our WRs and Oline, how is the QB supposed to get better?

I guess in your mind the Giants should have cut Eli after last year when in his 7th year he threw 25 ints!

The Saints should have cut Brees last year when in his 10th year in the league he threw 22 ints and lost to the lowly Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs!

Sanchez is awful...thats the difference. And I'm not even going to dignify you comparing him to Brees.

Archived