Todd Haley Meeting with Jets on Thursday

BroadwayJ667

Wow, some of you guys are the worst. The Jets could be fortunate enough to have both Haley and Sparano together, both whom could find stand alone OC jobs themselves if they wanted, PLUS we just rid ourselves of Schitfest, and yet this. It's too bad.

Sorry if Chad Henne, shonn Greene, Holmes, and Kerley coached by Tony Sparano doesn't excite me (yes coached by Sparano Rex won't even care about the offensive game plan as long as it consists of 50 rushes) if it did I would have rooted for the dolphins the last 4 years.

The fact that Rex NEEDS 2 HC's on offense shows he is incompetent, not to mention his failure to draft according to his philosophy by trading up for Sanchez.

And WTF has Halley ever done without Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin? Correct the awnser is nothing.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% agree with this, and this signing is what turned me over to this, I was really pro Ryan up until last night, I would love to have him coach our defense till he dies, but now his incompetence as HC is clear, needing 4 HC's, is ridiculous, I count Westhoff as one to.

Why trade up to draft Sanchez if you never intended to have a passing offense. We could have won a SB with a game manager and the players we would have drafted instead. It doesn't add up, and shows incompetence.

Why is it ridiculous to surround yourself with as much talent as possible? You're not always going to be the smartest person in the room and leaders that think that mostly fail. Smart leaders recognize their weakness and bring thought experts to compensate.

At one point the great BB had 4 future HC's on his coaching staff. Crennel, Weiss, Mangini and McDaniels. Since they left, the Patriots havent won sh*t. Does that make BB incompetent?

And WTF has Halley ever done without Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin? Correct the awnser is nothing.

He won his division with the Chiefs last year. He was fired after losing his starting QB, starting RB and one of his best defensive players. That's a hell of a raw deal.

Once Haley is in the door, let him handpick his future QB. Sanchez may well be our starter in 2012, but he ought to have an extremely short leash. New regimes almost ALWAYS mean new QB's.

This is what I'm most excited about--what Sparano and Haley can contribute toward picking personnel.

This is what I'm most excited about--what Sparano and Haley can contribute toward picking personnel.

Yep, and in this case, 2 heads are really better than one. A clear upgrade over Schottenheimer-Callahan, and 2 guys Rex can lean on to handle things. I really don't mind the fact that Rex just doesn't really know d*** about offense as long as he has solid guys in charge of the O.

also, what do you make of the reports about Sanchez and his crappy work ethic? I'll tell you guys this; if Santonio Holmes tried pulling the crap he was doing and Tom Brady was the QB? Wow we'd be watching him get his a$$ chewed out all night and day on ESPN and the NFLN-Sanchez just sat alone on the bench comfortable and seemingly without a care in the world WATCHING while the Jets season was circling away in a Crusher-like day after a holiday feast crap loaded toilet bowl....(sorry Big Sally-it was right there, I had to swing )

Cue Crushers Toilet seat. LOL

Very likely they are preparing for any eventuality. Should Rex continue to be a great guy and press conference impresario, but inept at the duties required of an NFL head coach,

Did you call him inept in 2009 and in 2010? If not, how did he suddenly become inept in one season?

He won his division with the Chiefs last year. He was fired after losing his starting QB, starting RB and one of his best defensive players. That's a hell of a raw deal.

Yea how did that HOME playoff game go against the Ravens (a team we will have to beat if we want to get to the ultimate goal) with a healthy Cassel, Charles, and Bowe (who are all better than what we have if your in the Sanchez sucks corner)? The answer horrible, 7 points, 151 total yards, and 53 yards passing yea that's right only 53 yards passing it's not a typo, no thanks.

I can't believe you used winning the AFC west as an example, that's that was the worst division ever in 2010 someone had to win it.

Liking these moves is just being happy Schotty is gone, this is just a lateral move to a different kind of suck (offensively) and we will have the same problems moving the ball next year (outside of signing Peyton Manning cause then he becomes the O-coordinator).

Yea how did that HOME playoff game go against the Ravens (a team we will have to beat if we want to get to the ultimate goal) with a healthy Cassel, Charles, and Bowe (who are all better than what we have if your in the Sanchez sucks corner)? The answer horrible, 7 points, 151 total yards, and 53 yards passing yea that's right only 53 yards passing it's not a typo, no thanks.

I can't believe you used winning the AFC west as an example, that's that was the worst division ever in 2010 someone had to win it.

Liking these moves is just being happy Schotty is gone, this is just a lateral move to a different kind of suck (offensively) and we will have the same problems moving the ball next year (outside of signing Peyton Manning cause then he becomes the O-coordinator).

Ever? That might be extreme. I'm pretty sure the Seahawks won a division with a 7-9 record. The AFCW only had one time below .500,.

And the Cheifs arent the first team to get shellacked by the Ravens. Pretty sure the great Tom Brady did a couple of years ago too.

Not that I like any of these hires, just sayin.

Sorry if Chad Henne, shonn Greene, Holmes, and Kerley coached by Tony Sparano doesn't excite me (yes coached by Sparano Rex won't even care about the offensive game plan as long as it consists of 50 rushes) if it did I would have rooted for the dolphins the last 4 years.

The fact that Rex NEEDS 2 HC's on offense shows he is incompetent, not to mention his failure to draft according to his philosophy by trading up for Sanchez.

The one thing I'll agree with you on was moving up to draft a QB at #5 so he can manage your ground and pound game was stupid. Especially when Freeman would have been sitting there.

And we can all have the never ending conversation like, what was Bill Walsh without Montana, Clark and Rice yadda yadda. Just give the guy credit for his accomplishments already.

The one thing I'll agree with you on was moving up to draft a QB at #5 so he can manage your ground and pound game was stupid. Especially when Freeman would have been sitting there.

And we can all have the never ending conversation like, what was Bill Walsh without Montana, Clark and Rice yadda yadda. Just give the guy credit for his accomplishments already.

they gave up tackling dummies and a Netflix subscription to move up to 5th - no big loss.

I wouldn't bother trying to reason with Lup.. this dude has been pissed since midnight last night... he'd rather have a low-level coach from a team with a prolific offense then potentially 2 guys who had made it to the top of their profession.

This is still some of the most ridiculous sh*t ever. How incompetent is Rex offensively if they need to bring in two OC's to fix this nonsense? Really Tanny? Two OC's?

I will take 6 of them if it works. Really don't want Sparano learning how to call plays here though. Much prefer having the two-headed monster.

This is still some of the most ridiculous sh*t ever. How incompetent is Rex offensively if they need to bring in two OC's to fix this nonsense? Really Tanny? Two OC's?

who cares how many OC's it takes if it gets fixed? bring in Hugh Jackson for QB coach.

Well I think the entire concept was that they drafted Sanchez to develop into that future elite level QB that could take them to the next level, while in the meantime going with the ground and pound philosophy. Not that I think they ever would have become a pure passing team, but given how much you hear Rex endlessly praise other teams' franchise QBs should tell you that he certainly sees the great value in the position. I think the idea was one day Sanchez would become that guy and then he could let the Jets have a more balanced and, ultimately, more successful offense. The fact that they opened the season in such a more pass-heavy offense only further supports that. Of course, that obviously didn't work out given that Sanchez is sucking a$$, but I don't think he was brought in with the intent of never being anything but a game manager. That's more of a hindsight-based evaluation than anything else.

How awesome would it be if Haley and Sparano got in a fist fight on the sidelines over whether a 3rd and 3 should be a pass or a run?

If haley gets hired I would assume that he would be in the booth calling plays. But I am not sure about that.

Either way, I wouldn't want them fighting. I want the Jets coaches to be lovers, not fighters. Mark needs more hand holding and then he will be fine. :)

most teams have 2 OC's in philosophy, not necessarily name.. sometimes they are called assistant head coaches.. i dont understand why you guys are freaking out.. if they were good enough to be head coaches, that means they were fairly impressive coordinators.. regardless.. the more eyes/ minds working together the better..

besides everyone knows rex is a defensive guy... so he may very well not be "offensively competent" but thats when u get guys that are...

Isnt that kind of what we had with Callahan and Schotty + Moore?

A failed HC who never really accomplished dick offensively in the NFL on his own, a guy who was still getting by on what he did with QB's years ago, and Tom Moore. Yep, sounds about right.

Lateral moves. Welcome to Tannendome bitches. WE DON'T UPGRADE FOR NOBODY.

Archived