Todd Haley Meeting with Jets on Thursday

BroadwayJ667

Ex-Chiefs coach Todd Haley is reportedly meeting with the Jets on Wednesday.

It looks like last week's reports of Haley and ex-Dolphins coach Tony Sparano joining forces could come to fruition with the Jets. Spranano would be offensive coordinator in charge of the running game while Haley would take over as passing game coordinator and assistant head coach. Haley spent six seasons with the Jets under Bill Parcells early in his coaching career.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will calm me down a little on the Sparano signing, I hope he can bring Dwayne Bowe with him, and then the Jets draft Nick Toon, that would give the Jets some serious weapons with Holmes, Bowe, Toon, Kerley, and Keller. 3 who could spread the field, 3 with decent size, and Kerley working the underneath routes.

Just not sold on Haley if we don't get some speed and size to complement his scheme.

This will calm me down a little on the Sparano signing, I hope he can bring Dwayne Bowe with him, and then the Jets draft Nick Toon, that would give the Jets some serious weapons with Holmes, Bowe, Toon, Kerley, and Keller. 3 who could spread the field, 3 with decent size, and Kerley working the underneath routes.

Just not sold on Haley if we don't get some speed and size to complement his scheme.

Holmes should be gone...

Holmes should be gone...

I think he has to go, especially the way Haley has no problem going toe-to-toe with players on the sideline, during games.

He did it with Boldin in Arizona during a playoff game and I am pretty sure him and Cassel went at it earlier this season.

I think he has to go, especially the way Haley has no problem going toe-to-toe with players on the sideline, during games.

He did it with Boldin in Arizona during a playoff game and I am pretty sure him and Cassel went at it earlier this season.

Maybe he brings Thomas Jones back with him to kick Holmes a$$...personally just prefer he leave.

Holmes should be gone...

If u get some good leadership in that locker room, he doesn't and shouldn't, because of his contract. It's not the right financial move for Woody, or the Jets cap, you have to keep him. Big he continues to be a problem next season that's when you throw your hands up and take the money loss. Just draft a young WR for the unfortunate case should u have to dump him. His talent is there and when happy he can be an asset.

I like this. Still dont like Sparano though. Then again, I've just been a hater as of late. With Schotty finally gone I dont know who to aim my frustrations at anymore.

Someone help me. :cry:

I will help you Villian .

You can start by removing that signature. Whats the point of hating a guy who has not coached a down here yet ?

Try to be positive about this move and hope to God the Jets get some players which will be the key to turning this offense around. Then hope that Rex actully gets a clue as to whats going on with the offense.

Hopefully this happens. If we get back to winning and dump Sanchez Holmes will be fine. A pain in the azz dickhead but one that makes big plays in big games.

Remember those big plays in big games actully have a QB throwing him the football. Sideline wonders dont make consistent WR's . Ill take consistency that wins over a slouch any day.

JC the only problem is hes not easily dumped and no one is going to trade for him and pay the freaking ridiculous salary. There is a good chance we're stuck with him

I have to think the lawyers can figure this one out...the guy quit...that's failure to perform...if its not in the standard contract language the NFL is stoopid...

Maybe he brings Thomas Jones back with him to kick Holmes a$$...personally just prefer he leave.

I don't see it code-who is the ONE player that Rex lobbied for when asked? Holmes, and who is the one player who pretty much helped us finally get rid of Schottenheimer? Holmes. Holmes was Rex's pick, Schott was forced ON Rex when he got here...the math seems to tell me that maybe Santonio's prayers are all getting answered-no schott, no more Sanchez and hopefully a guy who can actually GET him the ball and get him BACK to a Super Bowl where he can win another SB MVP Trophy and cement his place among the all-time great clutch receivers and possibly get his name into consideration as a Hall Of Famer-ain't happening with Mark Sanchez throwing him slants and high passes that are Chad-like and dangerous to a small guy-like it was for Vern Coles and the Folly Floaters that Pennington threw to him and Chrebet probably shortening both of their careers-Santonio doesn't WANT to have to get himself killed trying to snare butterflies every game-Sanchez, like his OC, needs to NOT be the Jets sstarting QB in 2012

I don't see it code-who is the ONE player that Rex lobbied for when asked? Holmes, and who is the one player who pretty much helped us finally get rid of Schottenheimer? Holmes. Holmes was Rex's pick, Schott was forced ON Rex when he got here...the math seems to tell me that maybe Santonio's prayers are all getting answered-no schott, no more Sanchez and hopefully a guy who can actually GET him the ball and get him BACK to a Super Bowl where he can win another SB MVP Trophy and cement his place among the all-time great clutch receivers and possibly get his name into consideration as a Hall Of Famer-ain't happening with Mark Sanchez throwing him slants and high passes that are Chad-like and dangerous to a small guy-like it was for Vern Coles and the Folly Floaters that Pennington threw to him and Chrebet probably shortening both of their careers-Santonio doesn't WANT to have to get himself killed trying to snare butterflies every game-Sanchez, like his OC, needs to NOT be the Jets sstarting QB in 2012

Agree with your points about Rex's choice and all that...but he's nowhere near a HOF caliber player...I wanted Schotty gone as much as any other Jets fan...but Holmes pouted like a two-year old...and deserves dammnation this entire off-season until he shows something different...right now he's punk in my eyes and I'd rather see him in any other uniform but ours.

I will help you Villian .

You can start by removing that signature. Whats the point of hating a guy who has not coached a down here yet ?

Try to be positive about this move and hope to God the Jets get some players which will be the key to turning this offense around. Then hope that Rex actully gets a clue as to whats going on with the offense.

Only because I like you bud!

Agree with your points about Rex's choice and all that...but he's nowhere near a HOF caliber player...I wanted Schotty gone as much as any other Jets fan...but Holmes pouted like a two-year old...and deserves dammnation this entire off-season until he shows something different...right now he's punk in my eyes and I'd rather see him in any other uniform but ours.

Right now, I'd rather see Santonio Holmes being given one more chance than I do in seeing Mark Sanchez being given another. He's a better football player than Sanchez. I think a lot of that cryptic stuff we heard out of Tone after the last 3 games was him telling us that he wasn't only unhappy with Brian Schottenheimer but also was not happy with what he was seeing with his co-captain and HIS shiitty work habits. He saw himself being held accountable and being punished by not being in important gameplans by Schottenheimer (like last year's Championship game vs Pittsburgh) and never saw the same treatment when it came to Sanchez. they had a built-in excuse though, because Marky Mark needed another babysitter in Brunnell to help coddle him thus there BEING no other option at his position. I'd be pissed too.

Now I'm not defending what Holmes did starting with that Philly game but in retrospect I think I am starting to understand the dynamic of what actually was going on at Florham Park during the week-every week. so yea, Holmes gets another chance and Shott and his coaches don't-we'll see how serious Woody Johnson is about how badly he wants to win and how pissed off he really is...trying to get Peyton Manning answers that question-it should be some interesting months leading up to the end of April

gettign two guys who were HC's this time last year to run our offense is a coup, assuming everyone works well together, thats a lot brainpower and experiance aimed at fixing 1 bad QB

If they do hire both...when all is said and done we can at least say they tried to turn Mark around...if he can't play...he can't play...next man up.

gettign two guys who were HC's this time last year to run our offense is a coup, assuming everyone works well together, thats a lot brainpower and experiance aimed at fixing 1 bad QB

My fear Chan is the old saying about too many cooks-I hope that's not the case...Cimini saw Sparano in the 1st row at the Jets/Giants game

My fear Chan is the old saying about too many cooks-I hope that's not the case...Cimini saw Sparano in the 1st row at the Jets/Giants game

Yeah, that's why i prefaced by saying everyone has to work well together.. But the fact that we are trying to hire two former HC's to run 1 offense tells you that

1) The organization knows sanchez is a problem

2) The reports of him being babied and coddled are accurate, clearly Tanny and Rex are going to great lengths to salvage the guy

Right now, I'd rather see Santonio Holmes being given one more chance than I do in seeing Mark Sanchez being given another. He's a better football player than Sanchez. I think a lot of that cryptic stuff we heard out of Tone after the last 3 games was him telling us that he wasn't only unhappy with Brian Schottenheimer but also was not happy with what he was seeing with his co-captain and HIS shiitty work habits. He saw himself being held accountable and being punished by not being in important gameplans by Schottenheimer (like last year's Championship game vs Pittsburgh) and never saw the same treatment when it came to Sanchez. they had a built-in excuse though, because Marky Mark needed another babysitter in Brunnell to help coddle him thus there BEING no other option at his position. I'd be pissed too.

Now I'm not defending what Holmes did starting with that Philly game but in retrospect I think I am starting to understand the dynamic of what actually was going on at Florham Park during the week-every week. so yea, Holmes gets another chance and Shott and his coaches don't-we'll see how serious Woody Johnson is about how badly he wants to win and how pissed off he really is...trying to get Peyton Manning answers that question-it should be some interesting months leading up to the end of April

If the Jets are serious and have Sporano and Haley on staff I'll applaud their efforts to bring the adults back into the forefront...the petulant BS from the entire offense may be related to Schotty and the dynamics you suggested...or it could be the players that are still on the roster and left to fester and will only raise its ugly head in the heat of another big game next year...sometimes you just have to cut a man loose...I hope your right...but for some reason I'm not confident.

Yeah, that's why i prefaced by saying everyone has to work well together.. But the fact that we are trying to hire two former HC's to run 1 offense tells you that

2) The reports of him being babied and coddled are accurate, clearly Tanny and Rex are going to great lengths to salvage the guy

Agreed with both points...but they only need to look in the mirror to assign blame...Rex for blowing smoke up his a$$ and Tanny for not acquiring a QB that could legitimately compete with Sanchez for the QB job. The entire organizations looks like clowns.

Ex-Chiefs coach Todd Haley is reportedly meeting with the Jets on Wednesday.

It looks like last week's reports of Haley and ex-Dolphins coach Tony Sparano joining forces could come to fruition with the Jets. Spranano would be offensive coordinator in charge of the running game while Haley would take over as passing game coordinator and assistant head coach. Haley spent six seasons with the Jets under Bill Parcells early in his coaching career.

There you go. I'm a tad tentative about just handing the job to Sparano (although I'm not quite as doom and gloom about it as some others), but if they do end up pulling off the Haley/Sparano team, I would be far happier with that outcome.

I really wonder who the Jets bring in as QB competition. Sanchez has never had to earn his job so it'd be nice if for once he actually did.

Also I don't see how you can shift to being a run-oriented team and yet not use high draft picks on the o-line or a runner. Seems like forever since the Jets spent a first rounder on a non-QB skill position.

It also tells me that Rex Ryan is way over his head and that the front office knows it. I've never SEEN a head coach so detached from what is happening on the other two phases of the game, and his team. Rex knows defense and needs essentially assistant head coaches to run the offense and special teams...Rex is sliding out onto thin ice and he's a fat focker and it won't take much longer for him to crash through into the icy waters...I keep thinking of that scene from Apocalypto when the kid is on top of that pyramid and about top have his head lopped off and bounced down the steps...Rex better hope that a miracle happens like that eclipse happened for that native guy and saves him...in the Jets and Rex's case that eclipse might just have to be Peyton Manning wearing the number 18 on the front and back of a Jets uniform

Archived