Some thoughts on Chad Pennington

Maxman

With Sparano joining forces with Rex, it got me thinking about Chad Pennington. I miss him and can't help but think that if Chad were healthy and he got to play under Rex and Sparano, he would have won multiple Super Bowls.

A top tier defense is a give under Rex. An offense that doesn't make mistakes is a given under Chad Pennington. This would have been a great combination and I am sorry that it never happened. They would have won it all, easily imo.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Sparano joining forces with Rex, it got me thinking about Chad Pennington. I miss him and can't help but think that if Chad were healthy and he got to play under Rex and Sparano, he would have won multiple Super Bowls.

A top tier defense is a give under Rex. An offense that doesn't make mistakes is a given under Chad Pennington. This would have been a great combination and I am sorry that it never happened. They would have won it all, easily imo.

stare.gif

And this is the thread that will break 2 million posts.

2 million "I told you so" posts, and "look at how brilliant I am" .

As much as you think it is, that's not really at all exclusive to one side of the Chadwick argument or the other. Both sides of that argument still think they are right and try to pound their chests with "I told you so" moments to this day. Just look at the prior thread this came up in, those Pro-Chad folks are still proclaiming victory on the basis that he won the division 4 years ago on a tiebreaker thanks only to the two other teams competing for the division both having injured starting QBs.

Then there's the Anti-Chad folks who proclaim they are right on the basis that they are.

As much as you think it is, that's not really at all exclusive to one side of the Chadwick argument or the other. Both sides of that argument still think they are right and try to pound their chests with "I told you so" moments to this day. Just look at the prior thread this came up in, those Pro-Chad folks are still proclaiming victory on the basis that he won the division 4 years ago on a tiebreaker thanks only to the two other teams competing for the division both having injured starting QBs.

Then there's the Anti-Chad folks who proclaim they are right on the basis that they are.

Sort of like now with Sanchez ?

Opinions suck

Oh, you are exactly right, and I realize it.

My post is more reliant on those posters who "have to tell you they were right", and proclaim that victory as their eternal perpetuity to all that is football knowledge.

My boys showed off like that when they tried to show me how they could wheelie on their bikes when they were 6.

My thought was now that Sparano is running the Offense, maybe we Can get gid of Matt Cav and hire Chad as QB coach. hei s a smart dude and knows how to play the position, just didnt have all the physical tools and was often injured

Yeah, that's just what Sanchez needs, somebody teaching him to play like an even bigger pussy than he already does.

Oh, you are exactly right, and I realize it.

My post is more reliant on those posters who "have to tell you they were right", and proclaim that victory as their eternal perpetuity to all that is football knowledge.

My boys showed off like that when they tried to show me how they could wheelie on their bikes when they were 6.

Haha, gotcha. Fair enough.

So, you got your tax returns in the mail yesterday and are looking for a boost in ad revenue?

Yeah, that's just what Sanchez needs, somebody teaching him to play like an even bigger pussy than he already does.

Chad may not have been the best QB in the league, but he played with more heart and knows more about the position then sanchez, a pussy huh...the guy played with half an arm (pussy?).......now I remember why I dont post here much....people just piss on your thoughts

Chad may not have been the best QB in the league, but he played with more heart and knows more about the position then sanchez, a pussy huh...the guy played with half an arm (pussy?).......now I remember why I dont post here much....people just piss on your thoughts

Don't listen to BG. You're right. Chad actually may have been better than Sanchez.

I agree and have thought about this on more than one occasion... 2 AFC championship games with Chad and our defense at the time...I think we would have at least 1 Super Bowl.

I always liked Chad and I think he got a raw deal with the whole Favre thing...just wished he was more durable.

The Jets offense, and Sanchez himself, went into a complete shell this season (not that it was all that good in Sanchez's prior two years), and it made a bad situation that much worse. Bringing a guy in to coach who earned the nickname "Checkdown Chad" certainly doesn't sound like the best solution to address that issue. The fact is that Chad played the game scared, which is why we got to see the oh-so-wonderful 3 yard dumpoffs to Jerald Sowell on 3rd and 5+ time after time for 6 years straight, and when put into a late-game, high pressure situation where he needed to get the ball down the field, he was almost certain to fail.

For all the praise Chad gets for his "intangibles", there's actually very little (if anything) to support that he was any more intelligent or dedicated than any other QB in the NFL. When you consider the completely childish and unprofessional manner he acted when he lost his job to Clemens, as opposed to helping out the young QB, I see little reason to believe he's the kind of guy you would want as a coach.

Chad was a gamer. The guy was always looking at film and he was committed to being a better qb. His shortcomings occurred because of injuries to his shoulder and wrist. However, you can never say he wasn't a leader who took charge of the huddle and rallied his team. No one can ever say Chad was scared on the field or in the huddle. The same can't be said of Sanhez...he had the wide eyed Doe look out there after the ravens game. Its clear he needs to man up and claim the leadership and not have it handed to him.

I was one of the biggest sanchez backers but enough is enough. Grow a pair, be a man and take the leadership role....when you are on the sideline look ate film, when you get questioned step up and be a man. Sanchez has been coddled...the time for that has passed.

We need a qb with balls.

LL

Just so you know, seeing how this thread has progressed made me settle on the neg-rep.

I'm struggling between is he serious and is he trying to get to 2,000,000 post by the end of the week.

Chad was a gamer. The guy was always looking at film and he was committed to being a better qb. His shortcomings occurred because of injuries to his shoulder and wrist. However, you can never say he wasn't a leader who took charge of the huddle and rallied his team. No one can ever say Chad was scared on the field or in the huddle. The same can't be said of Sanhez...he had the wide eyed Doe look out there after the ravens game. Its clear he needs to man up and claim the leadership and not have it handed to him.

I was one of the biggest sanchez backers but enough is enough. Grow a pair, be a man and take the leadership role....when you are on the sideline look ate film, when you get questioned step up and be a man. Sanchez has been coddled...the time for that has passed.

We need a qb with balls.

LL

LOL... like hell you can't.

Archived