His silence, is deafening

JonEJet

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unlike Sanchez, Revis earns his million dollar paychecks.

Bit, this is more than million dollar pay checks. If you are the highest paid player on a team, there is an a natural assumption that you will take some leadership reigns on the club.

It would just be nice if he would be more outgoing in overall leadership and taking charge.

This goes for Sanchez too.

If some of the players that are being paid as leaders actually took that control, this club would not be in some of the turmoil it presently finds itself in.

Revis does his job every week, there's really no reason he needs to say anything.

I know, you got to go to some of my earlier posts, was trying to joke about Revis island etc....But,... leaders aren't made, they are born.

REvis isn't saying sh*t because revis doesn't say sh*t. He's like the Charles Bronson of football. He stays out of the papers, no doubt on his uncle's (wise) advice. For the record, I haven't heard Harris' opinion of Sanchez. Wonder if he's planning to kill him. Might be. In fact, if he doesn't come out and expressly say "I have no intention of killing Mark Sanchez", then JonE and I will safely assume David Harris is planning an assassination.

Bit, this is more than million dollar pay checks. If you are the highest paid player on a team, there is an a natural assumption that you will take some leadership reigns on the club.

It would just be nice if he would be more outgoing in overall leadership and taking charge.

why Should Revis back Sanchez? Cause it's the right thing to do?

The defense got screwed by the offense all season long.

why Should Revis back Sanchez? Cause it's the right thing to do?

The defense got screwed by the offense all season long.

Dude, you played

The team wins as a unit...it's a family

Revis must have missed that meeting, because it doesn't matter if the offense did or didn't do the job, you back your teammate

Nevermind the fact, the defense wasn't all that this year

Dude, you played

The team wins as a unit...it's a family

It's true i did play and there's nothing worse than a turnover prone QB. it screws the whole team. Mark led the NFL in turnovers it's an ugly stat and it's a the difference between winning and losing. And his 3rd down efficiency was also terrible.

The QB is the most important player on any football team. If he's turning the ball over and not getting 1st downs, well that's trouble.

it should be noted that Revis didn't say anything either way. He's being quiet which is in his right to do so. We are speculating he is one of the anon sources, based on nothing concrete.

We are speculating he is one of the anon sources, based on nothing concrete.

I think that's my point. He can easily dispel those "thoughts" by simply coming forward, backing the QB

It's pretty easy. A team leader should know better. And he hasn't, only leading to more speculation

I think that's my point. He can easily dispel those "thoughts" by simply coming forward, backing the QB

It's pretty easy. A team leader should know better. And he hasn't, only leading to more speculation

I think it's safe to say that you are the only human alive who's worried about how Revis feels about Sanchez.

Revis has always been a great player. A great player who cares about one thing and one thing only...himself. Not surprised at all that he has no interest in taking a leadership role and defending Sanchez.

I think it's safe to say that you are the only human alive who's worried about how Revis feels about Sanchez.

It's bigger than that...it's about a well respected leader being all in with the offense, defense, and special teams

He's not

Whether Revis thinks and says Sanchez is great, or thinks and says he sucks, or thinks he sucks and says he's great, doens't matter one iota. IF he says wonderful things, so what if Sanchez continues to suck. Sanchez will either prove himself to be an NFL QB, or the Jets will replace him in 2012. If Charles Woodson supports Aaron Rodgers or thinks he's a douchebag who happens to be a great QB, only what Rodgers does on the field really matters. If Assante Samuel and Assomougha whisper sweet happy things to the press about Michael Vick it doens't mean a damn thing when Vick is under center.

Possibly the entire Jets' organization can have a group epiphany and FINALLY understand pissing away winnable games all season(Broncos, Raider, Jints,Pats, Dolphins) each season is unacceptable. And that running your mouth gets really old when you lose a bunch of football games.

It's bigger than that...it's about a well respected leader being all in with the offense, defense, and special teams

He's not

How can Revis be all in with the offense when he plays his tail off (yes hes paid to do that) only for Sanchez to step on the field and either fumble, go 3 and out or throw an INT?

Wouldnt you be frustrated and pixxed off at Sanchez and the offense?

A turnover once in a while is one thing and every player has a bad game, but Sanchez is making a career out it.

How can Revis be all in with the offense when he plays his tail off (yes hes paid to do that) only for Sanchez to step on the field and either fumble, go 3 and out or throw an INT?

Wouldnt you be frustrated and pixxed off at Sanchez and the offense?

A turnover once in a while is one thing and every player has a bad game, but Sanchez is making a career out it.

my point being is I think Revis is one of the unnamed sources that bashed the Jets

If it wasn't him, I'm sure as a team leader he would support his QB....and we have yet to hear his support

How is it hard to understand there is No "I" in TEAM

What's your f-ing deal dude?

But there is an "M" and and "E".

Seriously though, a football team is like any other workplace. It might be more pleasant if everyone were good pals. But it's not a requirement for success, and even people who cannot stand each other can work together. And Revis' job is limited to taking care of his business. If every player, even great ones, expressed their opinions about every aspect of the team, it would be inviting daily chaos. Possibly Revis has seen this carnage of verbosity that has been the Rex Ryan Jets and determined the best course of action is to be quiet and see who is behind center on day 1 of camp.

Cannot emphaise this enough; chemistry and leadership are wonderful qualities. But mostly made up by lazy a$$ sportwriters the day after the fact. If Jim Leonhard makes a tackle in Denver, or Sanchez not have a turnover or 2, the Jets win 10 games and probably are playing Baltimore this weekend, along with a flood of happytalk nonsense from Steve Serby. Produce and win, you're a hero. This is not to say that the Jets were a great team(they were not), but had they done a few things better, we are having a very different conversation.it comes down to performance.

Best I can tell by newspapers and talk radio, the Giants, who won one more game than the Jets, are a lock for the Super Bowl.

But there is an "M" and and "E".

Seriously though, a football team is like any other workplace. It might be more pleasant if everyone were good pals. But it's not a requirement for success, and even people who cannot stand each other can work together. And Revis' job is limited to taking care of his business. If every player, even great ones, expressed their opinions about every aspect of the team, it would be inviting daily chaos. Possibly Revis has seen this carnage of verbosity that has been the Rex Ryan Jets and determined the best course of action is to be quiet and see who is behind center on day 1 of camp.

Cannot emphaise this enough; chemistry and leadership are wonderful qualities. But mostly made up by lazy a$$ sportwriters the day after the fact. If Jim Leonhard makes a tackle in Denver, or Sanchez not have a turnover or 2, the Jets win 10 games and probably are playing Baltimore this weekend, along with a flood of happytalk nonsense from Steve Serby. Produce and win, you're a hero. This is not to say that the Jets were a great team(they were not), but had they done a few things better, we are having a very different conversation.it comes down to performance.

Best I can tell by newspapers and talk radio, the Giants, who won one more game than the Jets, are a lock for the Super Bowl.

maybe revis is the dissenter and maybe he is right!!

maybe revis is tired of him suking in games as well as practice, maybe he knows its a lost cause.

How is it hard to understand there is No "I" in TEAM

What's your f-ing deal dude?

Jon, I'm just gonna guess that there's a slight difference between the inner machinations of an NFL locker room and those of the Division III squad you played on thirty years ago.

my point being is I think Revis is one of the unnamed sources that bashed the Jets

If it wasn't him, I'm sure as a team leader he would support his QB....and we have yet to hear his support

What was said about Sanchez could be true.

If Revis see's Sanchez as lazy, then he should not come out and make excuses or take up for Sanchez. Enough folks are doing that job already.

If you want to see the Jets win the best thing is Sanchez to take the heat for his play.

Archived