Plax, Santonio, Kerley and ... Braylon? New Flight Boys? possible?

bkjetfan

does it make sense and can it happen.

can it happen - yes, because he's going to come cheap. he was injured last year but fully recovered. only let go because he didnt fit the 49ers system.

does it make sense?

1. he only dropped 1 ball the last year he was with the jets and he's a deep threat with amazing hands.

2. he's physical. exactly what sparano and rex want. great blocker in the running game and will lay people out. it would match the system to a tee.

3. he played with santonio and mark before.. he has good chemistry with mark. chemistry with wr's is key. this will be marks 4th year yet still hasnt had a core 2-3 wr's he can really gel with other then santonio and braylon on a consistent basis

i really can't imagine a downside to this

With Burress being a FA anyway, I would take a shot with bringing Braylon back. He'll come cheap, which is awesome when you think about it. Then you draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round and the two of them can compete for the #2. Loser is the #4. Kerley stays in the slot no matter what.

yeah justincredible me niether, like that time Plex scored 3 three times, I mean this guy comes in works hard and gets his legs back, I mean who the hell he think he is? a giant reciever that could score alotif properly used to grab "chunk" yards...

it would just be terrible to have him back..

I appreciate the fact that some fans love the guy, but I don't get it. They didn't want him back last year. Now he is coming off injury and a bust of a year where San Francisco chose to cut him and replace him with that stud Brett Swain. Maybe he'll come back healthy, maybe he's done. Maybe there isn't some behind the scenes problem making teams shy away, maybe there is, but either way it's a long shot not worth the worry.

I appreciate the fact that some fans love the guy, but I don't get it. They didn't want him back last year. Now he is coming off injury and a bust of a year where San Francisco chose to cut him and replace him with that stud Brett Swain. Maybe he'll come back healthy, maybe he's done. Maybe there isn't some behind the scenes problem making teams shy away, maybe there is, but either way it's a long shot not worth the worry.

To me the question is, how are you going to fill the hole left by Burress? Braylon would be dirt cheap, and allow us to focus on other needs in the FA market. We have a bunch of needs.

Then if we really want, we can draft a WR to compete with him.

To me the question is, how are you going to fill the hole left by Burress? Braylon would be dirt cheap, and allow us to focus on other needs in the FA market. We have a bunch of needs.

Then if we really want, we can draft a WR to compete with him.

Braylon will not allow us to focus on anything. Having him on the team is like inviting non-roster players to spring training. He is a complete wild card at this point. Just like Cotchery coming into 2011 you have no idea what you will get and therefore you can't in good conscience sign him and act like you are set at even #3 WR. The guy had 15 catches last year.

yeah justincredible me niether, like that time Plex scored 3 three times, I mean this guy comes in works hard and gets his legs back, I mean who the hell he think he is? a giant reciever that could score alotif properly used to grab "chunk" yards...

Bro that was one game. What about the 13 games where he was invisible. One game does not make a good player, nor does it make him a good person in the locker room. Yeah he worked himself back, but for selfish reasons. He worked just enough to get a contract to retire off of in this off season. Where was he during the final games of the season? Where was he when the team was falling apart. I'll remind you he also had the one good game the week after people saw him coasting in the Miami game.

Trust me, the Jets should want no part of Plax. To quote the song, "He worked hard for the money."

Braylon will not allow us to focus on anything. Having him on the team is like inviting non-roster players to spring training. He is a complete wild card at this point. Just like Cotchery coming into 2011 you have no idea what you will get and therefore you can't in good conscience sign him and act like you are set at even #3 WR. The guy had 15 catches last year.

Yes but they could likely get him cheap and draft a speed threat who they can groom for a year. There is nothing to lose by signing Braylon

Sure, but in that case, who cares? We need a money in the bank WR

Well there are a few in the free agent market. V. Jackson, Meachem, Colston (though he is not a speed threat). Dwayne Bowe and Reggie Wayne may be free agents but unlikely since their teams will try to keep them, though if Haley comes to NYJ Bowe may come with (I know they had history but I believe it was cleared up). Sure there is DeSean Jackson, but he is not what the Jets need with one selfish reciever on the team already.

Thing with Braylon is that He has a good history and chemistry with Sanchez, so it's in both parties interest. Braylon is coming off a lost season and is looking for a long term deal. He would likely come to NY on a minimum contract trying to win and trying to get that long term deal. He would be on best behavior and would almost certainly put the work in for all the reasons stated above.

I don't want any player coming here on a 1 year deal looking to make a big contract for the next year. I want a player who wants to come here for years and his motivation is winning, and not money. I know I'm old fashioned and there aren't a lot of players like that, but I'd prefer that over someone who is just looking to score in his wallet. That's what got us into this mess in the first place.

That's great and all, that he scored 3 TDs against SD. What about the final 9 games of the season when he scored 3 TDs?

I don't want any player coming here on a 1 year deal looking to make a big contract for the next year. I want a player who wants to come here for years and his motivation is winning, and not money. I know I'm old fashioned and there aren't a lot of players like that, but I'd prefer that over someone who is just looking to score in his wallet. That's what got us into this mess in the first place.

That’s all true, but again this year the Jets are flat against the cap. They already have their high paid WR in Holmes (what a disaster) By the way which highly rated WR's motivation is not money?

Braylon is desperate, and will play for vets min. Sign him

Do you guys really think receivers are the reason we had no deep threat this year?

Our LINE couldn't block long enough for anyone to run a route. Until that line is fixed, the only receiver who can help us is The Flash, and he's pretty happy with his tv gig right now.

Big-Bang-Theory-flash_400.jpg

This is gonna sound like a crazy idea, but instead of chasing after more older receivers, we cultivate the few good young ones already on the roster (Kerley, Turner, Campbell) and draft a speed guy and a HUGE TE. Smaller egos, bigger upsides. The other way ain't working so far ...

Ideally I would love to trade or cut Holmes and draft Jefferies or Floyd. Mark needs young guys he can be the boss with. Kind of like how Eli was able to excel when Tiki and Shockey were shown the door. Sad thing is Keller is going to get traded. Contract year, cant block well=not a fit for My Cousin Tony. Maybe we could get a 3rd or a 2nd for him?

Jefferies, Kerley, Edwards, Cumberland would be good for Sanchez

Archived