LT on Sanchez- not lazy, pampered, needs weapons on offense, hates Santonip

Matt39

It smacks of the truth though, which is what jet fans deserved. It was nice (the same as it was with McElroy) to see candor and not sportsspeak.

Just because the end result was the same doesn't mean that both acts should be viewed equally. McElroy was a rookie and at least intends to be back with the team next year, meaning he could/will have to face the collective group that he ran down in an interview. That's completely different than a veteran that was supposed to be one of the locker room leaders dropping comments on his way out the door.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It smacks of the truth though, which is what jet fans deserved. It was nice (the same as it was with McElroy) to see candor and not sportsspeak.

I've been around enough companies in bad situations to know that dividing lines are drawn, people take sides and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle..

Regardless though, making the Jets locker room out to be the worst he's ever seen, and making Rex look like a bufoon does not help this organization sign FA's this spring...

and ftr.. I'm on the record saying we should dump holmes.. i think the contract is the problem though

Disagree. The majority of people don't care about motive, timing, etc, but the message itself and, while there is a vocal group of vehemently anti-Sanchez posters here, most still fall somewhere on the pro-Sanchez spectrum - he's good/he's improving/it's Schotty's fault/it's the WR's fault/it's Tannenbaum's fault/it's the pseudo-intellectual's fault.

Actually most rational posters here ithink its combination of all of those. I dont get the one side of the fence or other side mentality around here. I think its clear to see Sanchez isnt very good and his weapons arent very good either.

I've been around enough companies in bad situations to know that dividing lines are drawn, people take sides and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle..

Regardless though, making the Jets locker room out to be the worst he's ever seen, and making Rex look like a bufoon does not help this organization sign FA's this spring...

and ftr.. I'm on the record saying we should dump holmes.. i think the contract is the problem though

In normal circumstances, I would agree. These are far from normal circumstances, due to the distress of "anonymous sources" who do not have the guts to put their name to an opinion.

Without the existence of those gutless quotes, I would not want LT coming out and talking about what he did. But, since they are out there, the situation needs clarification, PARTICULARLY, if it is not as everyone sees it.

If you want a villain in all of this, seek those anonymous sources. They have hurt the Jets far more than what LT did.

Seek the truth, don't castigate those that have the guts to stand behind a position.

I can see what you're saying about LT and I definitely think he, like a number of others before him, should have kept his mouth shut and kept it in the locker room. While I don't think it's quite as cowardly as those douchey "anonymous sources", considering they won't even stand behind their own comments, I definitely get what you're saying given his situation. More than anything, I just found it funny how riled up this got you considering your stance on Holmes, which I think is quite obvious that I completely disagree with you on.

Agreed on all accounts. I'm riled up because of my opinion of LT before he was a Jet. I was actually trying to find the thread but I was against the LT signing because of his antics in SD. And used the exact same words I'm using now about him. The Holmes situation is different to me. I've never seen it in the huddle but I've seen plenty of sideline fights between players. Hell, the famous one is Manning going off on Saturday. Now, I realize that might have been an isolated incident but overall I think "chemistry" can be fixed with the right mediator. I personally believe Rex is perfect for that job.

Let me ask you this; if the Holmes incident was the final strike for Schotty parting ways, would you think differently of the situation?

In normal circumstances, I would agree. These are far from normal circumstances, due to the distress of "anonymous sources" who do not have the guts to put their name to an opinion.

Without the existence of those gutless quotes, I would not want LT coming out and talking about what he did. But, since they are out there, the situation needs clarification, PARTICULARLY, if it is not as everyone sees it.

If you want a villain in all of this, seek those anonymous sources. They have hurt the Jets far more than what LT did.

Seek the truth, don't castigate those that have the guts to stand behind a position.

LT opening his stupid mouth on national radio is what's keeping this story going. I was in the car earlier for a few hours, listening to NFL on Sirius and ever single update they played his comments. It was literally getting more air time then what Lewis did with Flacco.

And he COULD have just had Sanchez's back and left out all the other stuff. I'd have no problem with that.

LT opening his stupid mouth on national radio is what's keeping this story going. I was in the car earlier for a few hours, listening to NFL on Sirius and ever single update they played his comments. It was literally getting more air time then what Lewis did with Flacco.

And he COULD have just had Sanchez's back and left out all the other stuff. I'd have no problem with that.

And, without the existence of those earlier anonymous quotes, NO ONE is pursuing this story.

The "anonymous sources" are guys who will be returning to an already fractured locker room who, by lending their names to the quotes, would have made it impossible . Also, had they lent their names to the quotes, it could be viewed as them being selfish and trying to absolve themselves of blame as to how this season turned out.

The way I view it is that they were trying to force the front office and coaching staff to effect change on some level without making the situation completely unmanageable. Were there selfish motives involved? I'm sure there were, but at least there is hopefully room for some positive to come out of the situation rather than maintaining the status quo. For the Jets as an organization, what good can possibly come from LT confirming that the locker room (to which he will never return) was a complete disaster?

The "anonymous sources" are guys who will be returning to an already fractured locker room who, by lending their names to the quotes, would have made it impossible . Also, had they lent their names to the quotes, it could be viewed as them being selfish and trying to absolve themselves of blame as to how this season turned out.

The way I view it is that they were trying to force the front office and coaching staff to effect change on some level without making the situation completely unmanageable. Were there selfish motives involved? I'm sure there were, but at least there is hopefully room for some positive to come out of the situation rather than maintaining the status quo. For the Jets as an organization, what good can possibly come from LT confirming that the locker room (to which he will never return) was a complete disaster?

Ho do you know that the anonymous sources will be back? How do you know what their intention was?

Are you some type of deep throat?

Ho do you know that the anonymous sources will be back? How do you know what their intention was? Are you some type of deep throat?

OK, let me revise my statement.

I don't have too much of an issue with people making anonymous statements to the media if they are intending to return to the team and are doing so with the intent of trying to improve the situation by shedding light on it.

There's no selflessness to be found in someone who is retiring or leaving as a FA piping up after the fact.

You dont think one of the greatest RB's off all time word carries a little more weight than anonymous sources and some dude named McElroy?

He didnt need to pile on. The story was dying out. He didnt need to use the words he did. He didnt have to say anything because its really not all that much different than what McElroy said. A professional, which LT has proven through his career he is not, would have respectfully bowed out and not commented on the situation at all. The laundry was already aired. Why dirty it all up again on the radio and then on Inside the NFL.

Its reeks of someone trying to absolve themselves of blame to try and salvage his career either on the field or on the TV. It was cowardly, unnecessary and unprofessional. He insulted every single player on offense, the coaching staff and the organization. It was a classless move.

Because now Tannenbaum and Rex know there is a lack of lunch pails in the locker room!!!

I take back my statement... this could lead to the Jets returning their starting safety tandem as well as Mulligan.

This probably means that McIntyre and Baker are locks for the roster next year as well.

OK, let me revise my statement.

I don't have too much of an issue with people making anonymous statements to the media if they are intending to return to the team and are doing so with the intent of trying to improve the situation by shedding light on it.

There's no selflessness to be found in someone who is retiring or leaving as a FA piping up after the fact.

That is the problem with anonymous sources-the motives are unknown, yet people take them as fact.

THAT is what led this whole mess.

That he ****ed up. You cant lose touch of your locker room like that.

However, he man'ed up, said he didnt have a good feel for the team. I like a leader who can admit to their faults. As long as they can commit to making change. This is one area that I trust Rex can fix. He seems to have an amazing connection. It will call for remediation. He knows that and I'm sure it will be a huge focus.

I've been saying this for a while now, but I truly believe the short offseason, small FA window and the new CBA rules hurt the Jets and a coach like Rex. He couldnt take the guys to Cortland, no 2-a-days, less time in pads. etc. It hurt the chemistry of team.

Here is what confused me. Rex said that he tried to pull back this year and be more of a coach of the whole team. The fact that he let Pettine make most of the calls on D would lead you to think this was true. But his absolute lack of involvement with the offense would lead you to think that this was not true. I think Rex is talking through his blowhole. Because if he was coaching the whole team, and totally lost his feel for the team, then what does that say about Rex? It would be more believable if he said he had spent the season in the bunker with the defense, lost control of the locker room, and now he was going to become more of a head coach to the whole team. Instead he said he was going back to being himself, which I take to mean he is back to doing the defense. See why I am confused??? Rex was just blowing smoke, IMHO. I think he knew what was going on, he just did not know how to handle it. I am not reassured by his statements, just totally frustrated. Rex may know his Xs and Os, I have no doubt of that. In all other things, he comes across as a bit of a dumbass, including head-coaching.

You dont think one of the greatest RB's off all time word carries a little more weight than anonymous sources and some dude named McElroy?

He didnt need to pile on. The story was dying out. He didnt need to use the words he did. He didnt have to say anything because its really not all that much different than what McElroy said. A professional, which LT has proven through his career he is not, would have respectfully bowed out and not commented on the situation at all. The laundry was already aired. Why dirty it all up again on the radio and then on Inside the NFL.

Its reeks of someone trying to absolve themselves of blame to try and salvage his career either on the field or on the TV. It was cowardly, unnecessary and unprofessional. He insulted every single player on offense, the coaching staff and the organization. It was a classless move.

If LTs comments help spurn change then it's well worth it.

How about this.. do you have issues with D. Wood or Jenkins calling Sanchez out or is it only due to the fact that LT called out your idol Holmes?

Here is what confused me. Rex said that he tried to pull back this year and be more of a coach of the whole team. The fact that he let Pettine make most of the calls on D would lead you to think this was true. But his absolute lack of involvement with the offense would lead you to think that this was not true. I think Rex is talking through his blowhole. Because if he was coaching the whole team, and totally lost his feel for the team, then what does that say about Rex? It would be more believable if he said he had spent the season in the bunker with the defense, lost control of the locker room, and now he was going to become more of a head coach to the whole team. Instead he said he was going back to being himself, which I take to mean he is back to doing the defense. See why I am confused??? Rex was just blowing smoke, IMHO. I think he knew what was going on, he just did not know how to handle it. I am not reassured by his statements, just totally frustrated. Rex may know his Xs and Os, I have no doubt of that. In all other things, he comes across as a bit of a dumbass, including head-coaching.

I like Rex, a lot. So I'm always going to try and defend him. The only thing I can say is, we dont necessarily know what "coaching the whole team" means to Rex Ryan. Its flimsy at best. I know. But this is just too hard to speculate. Maybe it means coaching the coaches, maybe it means being more available to the players, maybe it means X and O's, maybe it means less hands on, maybe it means more hands on. Who knows, your guess is as good as mine.

I like Rex, a lot. So I'm always going to try and defend him. The only thing I can say is, we dont necessarily know what "coaching the whole team" means to Rex Ryan. Its flimsy at best. I know. But this is just too hard to speculate. Maybe it means coaching the coaches, maybe it means being more available to the players, maybe it means X and O's, maybe it means less hands on, maybe it means more hands on. Who knows, your guess is as good as mine.

Well, we know it obviously does not mean "having a pulse on the team".

Which is one thing you would expect the HC to do. just a guess on my part there, but that would seem pretty important.

he certainly has earned the right to a longer leash here, but these are the same problems his daddy had. Let's hope he can learn from them

If LTs comments help spurn change then it's well worth it.

How about this.. do you have issues with D. Wood or Jenkins calling Sanchez out or is it only due to the fact that LT called out your idol Holmes?

The answer is no. Damien Woody and Kris Jenkins are analyst. They are doing their jobs. But I dont find this comparable at all. And I'm almost 90% positive Kris Jenkins said we should cut Holmes so, I dont think this is a very good exercise. Mine to BG's was much better. He's still thinking about it.

The answer is no. Damien Woody and Kris Jenkins are analyst. They are doing their jobs. But I dont find this comparable at all. And I'm almost 90% positive Kris Jenkins said we should cut Holmes so, I dont think this is a very good exercise. Mine to BG's was much better. He's still thinking about it.

LT is clearly auditioning for a TV spot.. he was probably instructed by his agent to not hold back to look more appealing to potential employers. Since the team will have no problem cutting him, I see no problem with him trying to open up possibilities for life after football.

Well, we know it obviously does not mean "having a pulse on the team".

Which is one thing you would expect the HC to do. just a guess on my part there, but that would seem pretty important.

he certainly has earned the right to a longer leash here, but these are the same problems his daddy had. Let's hope he can learn from them

Definitely. IMO this is a shot to Rex's ego. Big time. I'm excited to see how he responds.

LT is clearly auditioning for a TV spot.. he was probably instructed by his agent to not hold back to look more appealing to potential employers. Since the team will have no problem cutting him, I see no problem with him trying to open up possibilities for life after football.

He's a FA and quite honestly, I wanted them to resign him because he was still a damn good 3rd down back who I thought became a leader here. This was classless. There really isnt any if and or buts about it. He trashed the entire organization from head to toe on his way out the door, just like he did in San Diego. I think LT has issues with failure and tries to rid himself of the blame.

Actually, I am too. I think it better that this has all been brought out, so everyone realizes the problem, and know that they have to take decisive moves.

Yep. And at the end of the day, the reality is, this team should have easily won at least 10 games and made the playoffs. I dont think its nearly as broken as most. So I have still have a lot of faith and hope this was a wake up call.

He's a FA and quite honestly, I wanted them to resign him because he was still a damn good 3rd down back who I thought became a leader here. This was classless. There really isnt any if and or buts about it. He trashed the entire organization from head to toe on his way out the door, just like he did in San Diego. I think LT has issues with failure and tries to rid himself of the blame.

LT said he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep playing after this year... this was after saying he "definitely" would play in 12' before the season.

I think he's made up his mind that he's not going to play and wants to make an impression for ESPN or the NFL Network.. He didn't trash the entire organization.. he pretty much just targeted Holmes. Rightfully so...

LT said he wasn't sure if he wanted to keep playing after this year... this was after saying he "definitely" would play in 12' before the season.

I think he's made up his mind that he's not going to play and wants to make an impression for ESPN or the NFL Network.. He didn't trash the entire organization.. he pretty much just targeted Holmes. Rightfully so...

Oh he surely did. Yep. No doubt about it.

Archived